PDA

View Full Version : New Drawings-Two Riders for Painting

paintedhorses
05-03-2003, 07:29 PM
I am finally drawing again, after months struggling with health and other issues. These are two images that will be in one painting, acrylic 20 x 24 planned, possibly a smaller CP eventually. The drawings are about 11" by 9", so couldn't scan both together. The lady will be on the left and the gentleman on the right, riding together.

Love any comments, critiques, and thanks for looking.

Charro first:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-May-2003/15134-Charro.jpg

Lady next:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-May-2003/15134-Charreada.jpg

Of course, these are line drawings only at this stage.:D

Jeri

Wingnut
05-03-2003, 08:37 PM
Happy to see you back Jeri :) I haven't been around much either.

Looks like its going to be a great painting, probably lots of bright flashy colors? The only thing I would suggest is that you think about changing the position of one of the horses just a bit for interest, they look almost too mirror-perfect right now - even just changing the head or leg position might work. Just a thought :) I'll be interested to see this farther along.

paintedhorses
05-03-2003, 09:01 PM
Hi, Wing, Thanks for your comments! The thing that attracted me to the images in the first place was similarity - from a photo in our local paper - but that was with children riding, etc.

The horses looked so lyrical, as though they were dancing in step. When I put them side by side, I hope the will convey that feeling in the final painting. :p We'll see if I can pull that off!

Yah, bright flashy dress on the lady. Haven't decided the colors of the horses yet - probably light chestnut or palomino for the lady and blood bay for the gent. He will have a red costume, I think. She will be in red also, perhaps, to match??

Glad to hear any suggestions!

I haven't decided on the background yet (The deadly backgrounds, ack!). That's always the hard part for me.

Thanks again for your comments. Always glad to get suggestions.

:D

Jeri

shedreamsbig
05-04-2003, 12:53 AM
COOL!!

Wow really great idea!

I was going to say what wingnut Said but I think your idea is cool!

When you say back ground.... well you might think I've lost it but when I saw the sketchs it reminded me of Paso Fino show!! I love them!! Always VERY DRAMATIC!! I could see this in a Blacked out arena With two spot lights shining on them!! Would be a cool effect!! but I wouldn't have the slightest clue how to pull it off my self...But just a thought none the less!!

What ever you do It will be grand!! Great sketches!! Really neat!!

Oh and the cloths for the Guy tradionally he would be wearing a Black suit with Red Neck tie... and other Red highlights here and there... But It is just comming from memory of watching hundreds of hours of Paso Fino shows on television and in Ocala at the Breeders Pavillion.... Really Great fun!! If you have never gone to a paso Show.... You must try, because belive me they are so cool! It is really a show!!

Good Luck I can't wait to see more of this !!

Christina

Paul Hopkinson
05-04-2003, 08:14 AM
I love your sketches so far and if your previous work is anything to go by this will come out great!
Have you decided on what the background will be?

Paul

crazeejumper
05-04-2003, 10:30 AM
Really like the sketches & ideas. Can't wait to see the painting progress!

lawsportraits
05-04-2003, 10:44 AM
OOOOOOH!!!! I like these drawings, very expressive. I love the expression in the faces of these handsome steeds. The only thing I'm wondering about, and I know these are only the prelim drawings, is the shape of the hoofs, particularity the ones that are grounding these beasts. I'm thinking the angle or size or something is a bit off. I hope i'm making sense here. :confused:

Other than that, I love them!!

Heather

paintedhorses
05-05-2003, 08:01 AM
Christina, thanks! Actually the horses are Aztecas, I believe. The action and head set is much the same, tho.

Paul, Kind words, :) Thanks!

Crazee, I can't wait, either:D

Heather, you put your finger right on the spot! I changed the hooves to correct the angles - thanks!

Thanks, everyone, for your help and kind comments!

Jeri