PDA

View Full Version : Hi! A newbie, here!

Caran
05-03-2003, 04:59 PM
Hi!!!!
I'm new in your community, I arrived here because I was searching tutorials for drawing with watercolors. I'm from Mexico, and I study Architecture, It is supposed that at this point of my career I would know the basics for drawing with ink and watercolors, but i've had bad luck with my teachers ... The one that was supposed to teach me how to work with ink, didn't know the technique at all, I don't know how is it possible people like that are in an Architecture school... The other teacher, that would teach me watercolors, suffered an accident and due to bad organization in my school, my entire group did not take that class.
Now, I want to learn it by myself, since I do not have the money to pay for a particular curse, but I do have the power of Internet, and the luck of being here.

Well, I have the wish to learn, and I'll be trying the most of your tutorials. I'll send my works so you can judge them and counsel me.

Now, this community will be my teacher.

Let's say, the first thing I would like to learn is

How can I draw a glass window using Ink?

how can I make the effect that there is glass and no an empty space?

Well, I believe I have spoken a lot ... and maybe no one cares about what I said. I just want to learn a lot of things.

Thanks!

And Excuse me if my english is no very good.

MonicaB
05-03-2003, 06:43 PM
Hi Caran, and welcome to our forum! You will definitely learn a lot here. Have you found the Pen and Ink article section yet? Go to the top of your screen under Content Channels and Choose Pen and Ink, then Go. That's the "front page" of the pen and ink section.

The only thing I can suggest to answer your question is to go through the archives and look at people's work. Surely someone did something with a glass window in it. :D

seejay
05-03-2003, 09:36 PM
Hi Caran. Welcome!

How can I draw a glass window using Ink?

I've never drawn a window, but I have done some glass bottles, etc. I have had some success by not trying to draw glass, but by drawing what I see - there will be reflections, highlights and shadows...the result can be surprising....Good luck!!

Cheers

Elankat
05-04-2003, 10:11 AM
Hi Caran. Welcome to WetCanvas! :D

For glass, you'll need to handle it as Seejay has stated...look at the values. Smooth, reflective surfaces are often demonstrated by their extreme contrast of lights and darks. You'll need to look at these contrasts in the values and portray them. I'd say that a lighter, finer, linear pen stroke is probably better.

artdude
05-04-2003, 10:46 AM
WELCOME to WC and the P&I forum Caran!! :D
seejay and Elankat have given you some good advice on how to render glass in ink. Look forward to seeing some of your ink art here :D:)

DragonladyfromOz
05-04-2003, 11:13 AM
Hi Caran - sorry I can't help with the ink or water colour...:crying: ...but I can say 'Hi' and welcome! :D
Cheers
D'lady