PDA

View Full Version : Rovereto

PETERH
05-03-2003, 01:00 PM
Hi folks!

haven't been around here for a while, but managed to get the brushes out last weekend when visiting Rovereto, near Trento, Italy. There's an interesting new art gallery just opened - see http://www.mart.trento.it/

I'm attaching a painting I did in the park after being inspired (expired?? LOL) by all the modern "art" !

Hope you're all well ...

Ciao!
Peter

lyn lynch
05-03-2003, 01:07 PM
Well, Peter!!
This is lovely! I have a print done in this style that I have carried around for years and years.
All that disrupts me is the large tree on the left. It seems to dark in value to end to abruptly at the top. Perhaps if you washed it back, or let a bit of darker sky led toward the nearest high branch it would keep the eye from going off the top and thus out of the frame. Likewise, trees on left could lean into the frame, rather than out of the frame.
Auntie.

PETERH
05-03-2003, 01:23 PM
Thanks for the quick response Auntie!

Interesting comments - perhaps you're right regarding the trees and composition. Unfortunately, I must admit I rarely take a proper look at the work in progress when I'm relaxing outside (often the painting's balanced on my knees for an hour or more!). I did however sit looking at the scene for a long time before starting to paint it - maybe too long! LOL

Any other comments / critique welcome ...

Ciao!
Peter

artmom
05-03-2003, 04:30 PM
Nice and fresh.

Lyn

Little Old Lady
05-03-2003, 08:09 PM
Glad to see you back. Nice painting.
JoAnn

Carrie
05-04-2003, 11:45 AM
Peter, I'm soo glad to see you are outdoors painting again. How is Germany treating you? Nice little park sene you have done but it looks like you were in a rush compared to previous work.... or maybe you have been changing yur approach. Glad to see you here again and don't be such a stranger!
Carrie

Yorky
05-04-2003, 12:45 PM
Hi Peter!

Nice to see you posting again.

Couldn't be by anyone else - I recognised your style immediately.

I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Doug

PETERH
05-30-2003, 11:49 AM
Thanks Lyn, JoAnn, Carrie - Germany's treating me just fine - as is Italy and the UK! Hope to be around here more in th future.

Yes, this painting was a bit of a rush-job, but on the other hand, too much dilly dallying is not good either! LOL getting the balance is what counts!

Thanks Doug, have another for you soon!

JustjoGA
05-30-2003, 11:55 AM
Hello, Peter! It's been too long... I will add this to my collection of your works... How is life treating you?

Regards, Jo

lyn lynch
05-30-2003, 12:17 PM
Glad this was brought up again. I decide I was wrong. This is lovely. Where is Peter? PETER.....HAAALLLLLOOOO

mpopinz
05-30-2003, 03:50 PM
Peter,

Your work is just neat! I really like your painting style.

painterbear
05-31-2003, 08:04 AM
Hi Peter,

I wasn't here yesterday so just came across this lovely scene. I really like the composition with the water pond in the foreground and the old building across the way and the mountain peaking through off in the distance. Your palette is light (except for the tree Fookie mentioned) and evocative of Spring. Your technique is loose and free too. Glad you decided not to "fiddle" it to death!

I am enjoying your paintings again. Nice to see you posting once more.

Ciao.

PETERH
05-31-2003, 03:10 PM
Where is Peter? Here, of course! Tettnang, S. Germany.
Just finished a VERY lazy, horizontal afternoon, dinner on the balcony, wine bottle emptied before the cloudburst!

Changed your mind Fookie? Why?

Hi Mpopinz! Thanks - wish I could spend the time to look at everyone else's art - but too busy drinking wine! LOL (seriously - WILL try!).

Thanks Painterbear! "Fiddling" is hard to avoid, isn't it?
But tomorrow, I won't mind the fiddling - playing Irish music (guitar) with a good fiddler!