PDA

View Full Version : Answer to Bristol Board in UK

MonicaB
05-03-2003, 12:20 PM
I can't find the thread now, but someone was asking about finding bristol board in the UK. I ran into this place, and they sell Goldline bristol board, under sketch pads.

http://www.artsupplies.co.uk/

Zarathustra
05-03-2003, 02:10 PM
I bought some from www.heatoncooper.co.uk, but after drawing in graphite on it and experiencing little pieces of graphite picking up on the paper and ruining smooth blending I was informed Bristol Board sold in the UK is not the same quality as that sold in the U.S.A.

MonicaB
05-03-2003, 03:29 PM
I remember you telling us that now. Someone here in P&I was asking about it, and I remembered someone on Drawing talking about it, but could not remember who or when. The memory is the first to go . . .

Zarathustra
05-03-2003, 03:35 PM
:D I didn't realise you were over in that thread too, but now I think about it, I believe I remember the alias. I don't venture into the P&I forum that often.
One of the best art supplies in the UK I can find is www.greatart.co.uk - worth checking them out and asking for a catalogue. I believe they do some sort of toothless paper, though they don't distribute bristol board unfortunately.
Glad you liked the Jubert files, but becareful, you must not call him 'monsieur Jubert', he will get very angry! :evil: :p :D :) ;)

[Ah, I've just seen you're from Atlanta yourself, not the UK. Well for any UK citizens browsing this, check out Great Art if you get a chance, and if you know of any decent suppliers yourself, please be sure to give them a mention.]