PDA

View Full Version : Paper Tape, Please

stodbw
05-03-2003, 11:37 AM
I have this same question posted on another thread because I REALLY need to know ---

Where-in-the-world (literally) do you find water soluable paper tape to stretch paper? :confused:

I have tried Kmart, Wal-Mart, local Dick Blicks, Dollar General (mostly american stores for you overseas friends), and they are too young (oh my) to even know what I am talking about. :crying:

I remember it as a kid --- it was the only boxing tape available at that time. Anyway --- where are you guys getting this stuff, please? :)

TIA

Grayeagle

tigre255
05-03-2003, 11:49 AM
When i use it.....I get mine from Office Max.....hope this helps.....

tessp
05-03-2003, 11:57 AM
Dick Blick has it on the web... Guess they just don't stock it in all the stores.

click here (http://www.dickblick.com/zz230/13/products.asp?param=0&ig_id=1713)

Tess

karenboss
05-03-2003, 12:57 PM
it's an old fashion way of packaging, a lot of packaging, stationary stores will have it...

it's not all that tho... you may not like it.

pampe
05-03-2003, 02:09 PM
If you read the other threads about this, you might want to consider ARTIST TAPE instead

remember you can't get the paper tape off.....

stodbw
05-03-2003, 02:19 PM
Thanks to everyone for their help.

HOWEVER ...

1. I thought artist tape did NOT stick to the wet paper when used --- that's why I was looking for this old fashion stuff. :confused:

2. Pampe --- I thought the way you got this stuff off without tearing the paper was re-wetting the tape and letting it absorb for a few minutes to loosen it up.

3. I am all for hearing how you folks tape your paper done to stretch it. Maybe you have a much better way and I am ALL for that :clap:

TIA

Grayeagle

Uschi
05-03-2003, 02:41 PM
My solution???? Buy Winsor Newton 140 CP and don't stretch HA!
Uschi

Lise
05-03-2003, 05:20 PM
A lot of folks who like to stretch their paper seem to be using staples these days. But personally I'm very happy with the old paper tape method. And yes, it sticks so well that nothing will remove it (or at least, that's the case with the stuff I'm using). I bought a jumbo roll of paper tape at a large art store.

tigre255
05-03-2003, 05:28 PM
I for one have never had any trouble removing the brown paper tape. that is when I use to use it......now I don't bother stretching my paper.....it may buckle a little, but it flattens out when dry......but ofcourse I don't do a real wet in wet style of painting.

for now i just lay my wcp on a board and tape it down with drafting tape........