PDA

View Full Version : Sandhill Crane

jjsangel
05-03-2003, 11:27 AM
Here is a picture (actually a photocopy) of a picture I drew last year for a friend of mine in FL who loves birds. Ignore the dirty spot on the left, I managed to get something on it yesterday. The actual finished picture was colored in lightly with CP's, with tans and browns and his red topknot and the green palms.

artdude
05-03-2003, 11:45 AM
WOW!!! Sharon!!! Really like this!! I enjoy your colored pencil and ink works so it's a bit of a treat to see one that you haven't colored yet. Maybe it's just my color blindness kicking in :) The bottom left area, where the plant is over the bird looks off. To dark maybe?? It probably looks different colored :D:) Would love to see more black and white ink work from you :D:)

:clap: :cat: :clap:

MonicaB
05-03-2003, 11:52 AM
Yes! I agree with Murray. This is gorgeous. And is this "S"? :D :D :D

seejay
05-03-2003, 09:08 PM
Great bird Sharon.:clap: :clap:

Wish I could see the original, photocopies are a bit "off" usually....although I'm sure you are glad this is a photocopy since it has that poopy spot on it!;)

Cheers

jjsangel
05-04-2003, 02:26 PM
Thanks artdude. I sure do appreciate your comments. Yeah, it may be a bit dark on the left side. I was trying to avoid doing the legs. heheh.. I'll try and do some more ink work. :D

Thanks Monica. Not this isn't "S". It's just a picture I did for a friend...:)

Thanks seejay. I wish I had a better copy of the original at least. And yes I'm glad I didn't get the "poopy" spot on the original..:D

BTDogMom
05-05-2003, 10:46 AM
HOLY CRIMONY Sharon - This is outstanding - I bet this took some serious time! - Lovely job on the featthers , well and pretty much everything actually :rolleyes: :clap: :clap:

jjsangel
05-05-2003, 04:36 PM
Hey Jamie. It did actually take a little time, but I enjoyed doing it. I really have to do some more ink work. I have a really great (IMHO) picture I did of a sparrow hawk I'm going to post if I ever find the [email protected]#&n thing. Oh, sorry. Stressing, stressing. Thunderstorms make me stress!!!!!!!! I'm digressing. Anyway, thanks for the comments...:D

drwells
05-05-2003, 06:26 PM
Very kewl Sharon. I can't get any of my ink to photocopy this well. Great job! If you ever get a chance make sure to get a scan of this one. :)

Danny

jjsangel
05-05-2003, 09:07 PM
Danny, I will probably never get to scan the original cause I gave it to a friend of mine in Florida..