PDA

View Full Version : gouche questions

eelfish1
05-03-2003, 04:38 AM
I see a lot of things where folks use "gouche" the only gouche available to me (except for internet) is white, I tried this, I must say, chinese white is better... there is no coverage and if I had to cover a mistake I would be better off using that.

Does anyone know of some faqs or places to go to learn about this? The white gouche I purchased doesn't perform as I expected... I wanted it to cover a mistake that I couldn't lift out or to do whiskers or highlights, but I see a lot of watercolor folks that list that they did it in gouche...

Where do you buy it, do you buy all the colors or just mix it with the white, and how to use it....???
Dot

DaveTooner
05-03-2003, 11:18 AM
Hi,

I remember seeing a gouache website posted somewhere on wetcanvas once, but can't remember the address!

I use LUKAS gouache, as I do with my watercolors and oils. About the only places I know to get Lukas paints are www.jerrysartarama.com and www.lukasamerica.com

You can mix tube watercolors with chinese white and get something similar to gouache. I just have a few gouache colors that I use. The primaries plus black, white, and yellow ochre. I basically just use gouache to add in certain details so I don't need a full range.

salmon
05-03-2003, 01:03 PM
Hi eelfish,

I wrote a short article about gouache in 2001. If you go to the following thread, it may answer some of your questions.

A lot of my work is done using gouache. If you do a search for salmon a lot of my original listings will come up and you will be able to see how I use it.

Get back to me if I can help some more. Good Luck

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=16184