GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Shell Beach
Year Created: 2003
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 9 x 12
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
From a photo. Just used it for the composition. The colors are mine. I used only red, blue, yellow, white, and black.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
How can I make this one better? It came out very pastelly. Any suggestions?

Ginette
05-03-2003, 08:51 AM
This makes me expect some dinosaurs to show up any minute.

I Like!

Ginette

USA
05-03-2003, 01:30 PM
Dinosaurs huh? I wish I could paint one. I have been painting landscapes for about 1 1/2 years now. I need to branch out and paint other subjects. Maybe next time I will surprise you.:D

I checked out your work "Okefenokee Sunset " WOW! now that is very impressive.
www.mybrushwork.com

JustjoGA
05-03-2003, 01:33 PM
I think the long rock face and the beach rocks look great... good colors with a limited palette....

USA
05-03-2003, 01:36 PM
Why thank you JustgoGA,

I think the colors came out better than usual b/c of the limited palette. My paintings were starting to look the same, so now my browns are different as well as my greens.

www.mybrushwork.com

elledeegee
05-05-2003, 07:10 PM
Nice composition! :clap:

I like the coloring of the rocks and the shore where the water and beach meet. :-D Makes me want to try that in my digital painting program now! :D

USA
05-05-2003, 09:04 PM
Elledeegee,

Wow, really...... Jim Warren? Is it the colors?

I went to the "Wyland Gallery" here in La Jolla, Ca. and Warren's work was there too. I bought his book, because I found his work so interesting. Especially "Wild Waters" which, if you haven't seen it.... is a painting of horses coming out of the foam of the waves. I believe John Travolta owns that peice.

As a land/sea scape artist I have been burdened with trying to copy the colors I see in nature. Lately I've been painting what I feel, and eventhough they are not realistic so to speak, I believe they have more personality. I mean what's wrong with pink sand?

For the first time I tried painting with primaries with "Shell Beach" and I really like the way it came out.

www.mybrushwork.com