PDA

View Full Version : Help

Wayne Gaudon
05-02-2003, 09:31 PM
Looking for anything constructive .. I know I need to work the brow of the eye to make it sterner looking but anything anyone can offer is appreciated ..

Alla Prima .. about 5 or 6 hours .. not sure .. lost track of time.
I know it's not great but I don't have 200 hours to do it properly and one more kick is all it's going to get .. it's a present for my SIL

Later, and thank you.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-May-2003/5946-eagle.jpg

Forgive me for barging in like this .. I do landscapes and this is a first except of a few charcoal drawings I did last year.

Caron
05-03-2003, 07:52 AM
Wayne, this is very good! There certainly are a lot of firsts happening in here lately..:)
I dont think you really have far to go on this one at all. Your right about the eye and I would add some more darks in the feathers and perhaps his beak to give it a punch. Especially in the back area where you already have the purples and under the beak area. I think if it were deepened some with a blue/brown mix , it would really pop. I think she is going to love it!

Wayne Gaudon
05-03-2003, 08:05 AM
thanks Caron .. I gave it some brow and added a feather but didn't see your reply till I was done with it .. I will leave it .. if she wants it then it's gone and if not, then I will revist it once it's dry and do more detail as you suggest. LOL .. the first thing I ever posted on WC was a charcoal eagel portrait which my wife claimed .. last night she said she thinks her sister wants one just like it .. charcoal .. LOL .. hopefully not ..

Eagle Picture (http://home.cogeco.ca/~wgaudon/eaglepic.htm)

Caron
05-03-2003, 08:24 AM
Wayne, beautiful!! I would love to see the charcoal one that your wife owns..;)
This one really doesnt need the changes I suggested and does do well standing as is...:) A very majestic image indeed!

Wayne Gaudon
05-03-2003, 08:33 AM
thank you .. here is the charcoal version.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-May-2003/5946-eaglechar.jpg

shedreamsbig
05-03-2003, 08:53 AM
Goodness Wayne,

They are both gourgous!! great Job!!

I hope you plan to do more Big Birds in the future!! You have a nice way with them!!

Christina:clap:

Caron
05-03-2003, 08:55 AM
Wayne, did you post this before? I think I remember seeing it and thinking ouch!!! He looks like one nasty dude with an attitude!
I hope you include these guys often in your works, you have a knack for capturing them!...:)

crazeejumper
05-03-2003, 03:10 PM
Looks wonderful to me. I think he looks stern enough. ;)

Paul Hopkinson
05-03-2003, 07:20 PM
Wayne this looks great! I can imagine that it can be somewhat difficult to get the roundness of something so white! I once painted a dog in watercolours and you guessed it, it was white so only a hint of colour was needed to show the form and shape. It's always easy to add to much than not enought!

Paul

Wayne Gaudon
05-04-2003, 02:14 PM
thank you all very much .. my SIL never even gave it a look .. glanced at it .. said it was nice .. and kept on walking .. dang it all .. I am going to let it touch dry and in a few days I will give it more detail and hopefully add some of the recommendations I have received ..

again .. thank you