PDA

View Full Version : tiedious WIP

karenboss
05-02-2003, 04:54 PM
I don't normally post my work in process, but I could use a little encouragement this has gotten so tedious I close to closeting it...
:(
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-May-2003/4697-rosewip.JPG

Sylvielu
05-02-2003, 04:58 PM
So far to me it looks wonderful. I like your color approach. I'm wondering if all the flowers will be the same color.

pampe
05-02-2003, 05:27 PM
OHMIGAWD, Karen....so much work!

it is really lovely...don't give up

Have you tried doing a wash over all the leaves and then negative painting instead of each itty bitty leaf?

LOVE YOUR COLORS IN THIS ONE

karenboss
05-02-2003, 05:34 PM
I know! well, it's really not like me to be so tight... but if I thought it was worth it it'd be ok... to me it's looking so busy, cluttered, not a good composition.

mhimeswc
05-02-2003, 05:36 PM
This is coming along great! I get bored painting lots and lots of leaves too. Take a brief rest and get back to it - we all want to see it finished. I can tell it's going to be gorgeous.

Michelle

mhimeswc
05-02-2003, 05:37 PM
Holy cow! I'm a senior member! I've only been here for a month. I told you all when I introduced myself that I spend way, way too much time on the computer. I should be painting.

Michelle

artmom
05-02-2003, 05:52 PM
Don't give up--just take a short sabbatical! IMO, once you get some color into your last flower, you'll be much happier with it. Beautiful leaves and flower. Like your buds, too. I still have never completed a successful rose--they all go bye-bye in the trash!

Lyn

pampe
05-02-2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by karenboss
I know! well, it's really not like me to be so tight... but if I thought it was worth it it'd be ok... to me it's looking so busy, cluttered, not a good composition.

naaaaaw

loooks like a beautiful rose bush with blooming roses to me:) (but 3 roses might be better)

hopefulbucky
05-02-2003, 06:00 PM
Karen, I am taking a minute away from my paid work and popped onto the site and saw your painting.

Since I live in the 'Rose City' it is special for me and this particular color of rose I absolutely love, sort of peachy.

You are doing a beautiful job on the rose, buds and leaves. Don't give up. Like everyone previously has said , "walk away, take a walk, put it aside for a day" and then return and finish up which I know will be a gorgeous painting.

Great job.:D

rks
05-02-2003, 07:22 PM
Karen,

Please don't toss this one - it's almost finished and it's lovely. In fact, now I want to know what color/s you are going to use for the second (&3rd?) rose.

Why are you bored with it?

Roberta

Strawberry Wine
05-02-2003, 07:37 PM
Karen:

This is going to be beautiful. Is already beautiful (Your rose leaves are awesome:)

I see that you have 2 rose buds in there and 2 will be in full bloom. I am thinking the odd number rule here but I also think with that lush foliage it will work just fine.

If you are getting bored with it put it somewhere where you can see it and leave it there for a day or two. As you pass by it, it will start to whisper to you. Finish Me, Finish Me.

Don't leave it too long or it will stop whispering and start shouting. LOL

Gail

CharM
05-02-2003, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Strawberry Wine
Karen:

This is going to be beautiful. Is already beautiful (Your rose leaves are awesome:)

I see that you have 2 rose buds in there and 2 will be in full bloom. I am thinking the odd number rule here but I also think with that lush foliage it will work just fine.

Karen, I'm thinking pretty much the same as Gail... How big is this? You can almost crop it into two paintings... Your colour is vibrant and beautiful and you really are coming along nicely... But if you're unhappy, it won't be a pleasure to finish...

Crystal Owl
05-02-2003, 07:49 PM
Karen don't give up!! It's fabulous. Do a fun painting then go back to it.

Irene

white-anubis
05-02-2003, 07:52 PM
keep going! It'll be worth it in the end! If you need to, set it aside and work on something else for a bit. take a breather!

Little Old Lady
05-02-2003, 07:53 PM
Beautiful! and good advice.
JoAnn

Uschi
05-02-2003, 08:50 PM
Karen, after all those leaves I would be at the same mental stage where you are at HA!]
But it is beautiful and will be fantastic and you will finish it and you will be so glad you did.
Apart from all that, looks like the leaves are done so the second rose will be fun.
Uschi

artsduo
05-02-2003, 08:58 PM
This is beautiful Karen! I look forward to seeing the finished painting!

Marcia