PDA

View Full Version : Here is no 2 for Treehuggers

Miggles
05-02-2003, 04:24 PM
:) :) Thankyou all, Glad you enjoyed my sketch..And I will check out Murrays project, thanks Bob...Monica, have you been to New Zealand? It really is wonderful ! Specially South of South Island.

Here is the second one, Art Dude.. Bit on the stiff side but was sitting in the sun outside my bedroom on the veranda and enjoyed th shadows so much I just had to go get my gear.. There were black cows in the paddock beyond the row of Poplars and straight ahead in the distance are the Southern Alps mountains.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-May-2003/19948-Row_of_Poplars.jpg

artdude
05-02-2003, 04:38 PM
Looks GREAT Miggles!! :) Is most of this done using a brush or do you use both pen and brush? I think some darker shadows behind the trees to the right would really make them POP!! I can see some shadow work behind them but I think it needs to be darker there. Nice to see you posting your inks :D:)

:clap: :cat: :clap:

MonicaB
05-02-2003, 06:17 PM
Hi Miggles, This is lovely too! There's a field close to my house that I've always wanted to draw that looks like this -- there's a line of trees with another field behind it. When the grass turns brown in the winter, you can see the field peaking through the trees just like this.

Yes, I've been to New Zealand and want to go back very much! We used to live in Singapore, and my husband once had a business trip to Auckland. I flew along and did my work out of the Sheraton for a week. :D I did a lot of walking around the city, and on the weekend we took a tour to Rotarua (a very touristy thing to do, I'm sure!). But we just fell in love with the country, and still plan on going back one day . . . .

seejay
05-02-2003, 09:56 PM
Another nice one, Miggles. :clap: :clap:

Cheers

mel-ink
05-02-2003, 11:37 PM
Beautiful work! Such a peaceful scene! Wish I could visit down under some day...it certainly looks like a great place!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Miggles
05-03-2003, 06:04 AM
:D Thanks folks.. I feel quite boosted by your comments.

Monica, do email me if you come again.. we could maybe go sketch awhile together.

ArtDude, Thanks ! I will darken behind the trees as you suggest.
I sketch with theRotring ArtPen then wash with a wet sable brush..
Last week I had some advice re fitting my cartridge pen with and adapter and filling with'Ecoline' ink. which is spreadable but more permanent than what I use now. Good advice.

Gilberte
05-03-2003, 02:48 PM
:clap: and again and again !

MonicaB
05-03-2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Miggles
[BMonica, do email me if you come again.. we could maybe go sketch awhile together.
[/B]

That would be fun! I will tell my husband that we must quit our jobs and travel the world because I have to sketch with all my new WC friends. Just think of all the wonderful places I could see. :D

Miggles
05-04-2003, 06:12 AM
Monica ! Wouldn't a Convension be a great idea. :) But Where would it be held I wonder?..

Artdude..thankyou for the Project Link. ( in other thread) Will go see now..

I have darkened behind these trees as you suggested.... What do you think? Better, eh. Thanks for that..

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-May-2003/19948-poplars_2.jpg