PDA

View Full Version : rock


rsmak
05-23-2001, 07:47 PM
watercolour on 8x11" cold press paper.please critique.thanks.
rosanna

<IMG SRC="http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-May-2001/usearock.jpg" border=0>



------------------
" colour my world!""
http://www.geocities.com/rsmak44

Gollator
05-23-2001, 07:55 PM
Yeah, I like it. The waves are vivid, the rocks are rocking.
Seems to me like there is something missin´ in the skies? (Personal opinion)

See ya

------------------
May you be in heaven an hour before the devil knows you are dead.

ZOTMA
05-23-2001, 09:01 PM
yeah for as much interest as those rocks hold, the middle of the picture/sky area seems like it could use a zinger. IMO too. Like your style with the rocks and waves in this one.

Impulse
05-23-2001, 10:45 PM
Hi rosanna. Is this just a flashed out picture? I like the rocks very much. I think the waves need some more darker / brighter blue areas and the sky needs more colour moving from top left hand corner to the rocks. Nice work. http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/smile.gif

PS. I'll be in your province in Calgary next week! http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
"every picture is a history of love and hate when read from the appropriate angle" -- Leopoldo Salas-Nicanor, 1731 (Reading Pictures, Alberto Manguel, 2000)

[This message has been edited by Impulse (edited May 23, 2001).]

rsmak
05-23-2001, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Gollator:
Yeah, I like it. The waves are vivid, the rocks are rocking.
Seems to me like there is something missin´ in the skies? (Personal opinion)

See ya


Thanks,Gollator.
rosanna



------------------
" colour my world!""
http://www.geocities.com/rsmak44

rsmak
05-23-2001, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by ZOTMA:
yeah for as much interest as those rocks hold, the middle of the picture/sky area seems like it could use a zinger. IMO too. Like your style with the rocks and waves in this one.

Thanks,Zotma.
rosanna


------------------
" colour my world!""
http://www.geocities.com/rsmak44

rsmak
05-23-2001, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Impulse:
Hi rosanna. Is this just a flashed out picture? I like the rocks very much. I think the waves need some more darker / brighter blue areas and the sky needs more colour moving from top left hand corner to the rocks. Nice work. http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/smile.gif

PS. I'll be in your province in Calgary next week! http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/smile.gif


Thanks,Impulse. I think the sky need more cloud, and the rock need more detail.I paint
this from a photo, I really like it, but lack of skill to do it right.I am sure I will do it again, and post it.Your advice is always a treasure to me.

Welcome to Alberta, I live in Edmonton.Happy trip!
rosanna



------------------
" colour my world!""
http://www.geocities.com/rsmak44

David Acres
05-24-2001, 03:27 AM
This has a lot going for it Rosanna! http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/smile.gif
I agree the sky is a big empty space at present, would cropping some of it help?

Fagan
05-24-2001, 08:18 AM
This is great Rosanna!! I love this painting. I think the whole thing works beautifully together. *SMILE*

------------------
Beverly
http://www.faganstudio.com

rsmak
05-24-2001, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by David Acres:
This has a lot going for it Rosanna! http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/smile.gif
I agree the sky is a big empty space at present, would cropping some of it help?
thanks again,david. I will try to repaint this one.
rosanna




------------------
" colour my world!""
http://www.geocities.com/rsmak44

rsmak
05-24-2001, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Fagan:
This is great Rosanna!! I love this painting. I think the whole thing works beautifully together. *SMILE*


Thanks,beverly. I have been in the mood of
painting sea and clouds lately.
rosanna



------------------
" colour my world!""
http://www.geocities.com/rsmak44

jerryW
05-24-2001, 09:48 AM
I like the splashes of yellow and darks

rsmak
05-24-2001, 10:01 AM
Thanks jerry,I am happy to hear that!
rosanna

------------------
" colour my world!""
http://www.geocities.com/rsmak44

Unni
05-24-2001, 10:58 AM
Marvellous !!!

The rocks are very nice and waters splashing on them brilliant.

I just came from your other one. This looks even better. It seems you are an expert in this medium. http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/wink.gif

Unni

rsmak
05-24-2001, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by JeanineJ:
Another winner! Great suggestions regarding sky... The horizon confuses me... perhaps it is obscured by waves?
The entire painting moves, which is a great accomplishment! Are you a student of Japanese brush painting?


Thanks,Jeanine. I am not well to do the horizon, I think I should pay more attention on it.
I am a Chinese, and had not been in formal art school.my brother-in-law is an artist, he gave me quite a few lesson and some excercise to practice, then i am on my own,but he sitill give me advice.I started with Chinese brush painting, I think the Chinese Calligraphy which I was trained since childhood helps a lot for the brush stroke.
rosanna




------------------
" colour my world!""
http://www.geocities.com/rsmak44

JeanineJ
05-25-2001, 12:42 AM
Another winner! Great suggestions regarding sky... The horizon confuses me... perhaps it is obscured by waves?
The entire painting moves, which is a great accomplishment! Are you a student of Japanese brush painting?

------------------
Jeanine Jackson
Stamford, CT
www.peoplescapesct.com

rsmak
05-25-2001, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by Unni:
Marvellous !!!

The rocks are very nice and waters splashing on them brilliant.

I just came from your other one. This looks even better. It seems you are an expert in this medium. http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/wink.gif


thanks, Unni.
I appreicate that.But I just learning.
rosanna

Unni



------------------
" colour my world!""
http://www.geocities.com/rsmak44