GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Spring Break Up
Year Created: 2003
Medium: Oil
Surface: Board
Dimension: 11 x 14
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Hi all .. been away for a bit .. well not away .. out in the back yard building a privacy fence and planting a few trees, etc, etc .. not to mention the good part .. barbi and beer LOL
Anyway .. made a new medium tonight out of oil/wax/turps .. so thought I should test it out .. nice feel to it but I think I have too much was as it's getting thick on me .. will have to wait and see. This is from a photo I too a few weeks ago.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
?

bocote
05-01-2003, 11:06 PM
I like this. same style as most of the other works I have seen. lots of good definition in the objects and forms. lines hold together everything and plants infront invite the background in for some excitement. This is good work although I cant see exactly how the wax looks different; wish I were there.

have fun,

bocote

Fagan
05-02-2003, 06:19 AM
Wayne...this has a different feel than previous paintings. Smoother strokes? Lovely work...especially love that water!

Wayne Gaudon
05-02-2003, 07:41 AM
bocote .. thank you

Fagan .. thanks .. think it's the marriage of my older style and the new attention to suggested detail .. hopefully they are coming togeather as I hate detail and I love the middle ground.

Alan Cross
05-02-2003, 12:43 PM
Good one Wayne I was expecting a young girl with tears in her eyes.... LOL kidding.
Alan :)

Wayne Gaudon
05-02-2003, 01:34 PM
Thanks Alan
.. I may have to revoke your citizenship .. :D

Alan Cross
05-02-2003, 02:42 PM
LOL :evil:
Alan :)

reynolds
05-02-2003, 08:58 PM
you are slowing down and it is good...i almost always feel as though the paint is the consistency of frosting in your work...maybe sometime you could write HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BERTHA on one:evil: teasing teasing teasing....

artbabe21
05-03-2003, 11:00 AM
yes, i SEE change, struggle...this is an exciting one Wayne...:)
I've loved watching your work evolve

Reynolds...I'll bring the candles!

giniaad
05-03-2003, 02:33 PM
smooth like budda (butter...HA)
and pleasing to the eye...
sun is warm
air is cold...
great going!