PDA

View Full Version : More Of Em's Balls! LOL!

Nitsa
05-01-2003, 12:01 PM
Thanx Em! :)

Painted this a while ago and forgot to post it here :confused:
I didn't like it when I painted it (Ah....probably why I didn't post it!) but I sure learned alot from it.......EG. Marbles look much easier to paint than they really are! LOL!

BTW.....If they appear odd shaped it's 'cos of the angle I took the picture at....They are all perfectly round I assure you.....with the help of various circular objects around the home! LOL!

I'd like to try them again, so any tips would be appreciated! ;)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-May-2003/18769-EMSMARBLES.JPG

artmom
05-01-2003, 12:36 PM
The only one that doesn't read marble or glass to me is the orange one in the back--don't know why and don't know how to help LOL

Lyn

mchew
05-01-2003, 12:41 PM
:clap: :clap: reflections of marble are perfect! I like the many variety of colours you have on the marbles. Orange marble doesn't look like glass perhaps because the right side looks opaque rather than transparent.... but that's minor since it's at the back.

I'd like to see some red or purple on the first blue marble but that's just me and I don't think you should mess with this... overall, it's very well rendered.

mpopinz
05-01-2003, 12:55 PM
Good colors in all marbles. The orange marble seems out of proportion to the others, maybe its just the colors.

Those brilliant colors are spectacular. Makes the marbles just pop right off the paper

:clap: :clap: :clap:

CharM
05-01-2003, 10:14 PM
Every one reads well except that darned orange one... Does it seem oval or is it just me? Your colours are vibrant and clear and you've done a great job with this... I'm going to have to screw up my courage and paint in the round...

Bill J
05-01-2003, 11:30 PM
All of the others except the orange one has a dark outline on the left side, maybe thats what it needs.

bill

"I am drawn to art"

eelfish1
05-02-2003, 01:24 AM
Yup, the orange one is just a bit too oval and a bit too vibrant, maybe lighten it some, otherwise this pic is beautiful!!!
Dot

Olga
05-02-2003, 02:34 AM
Nice marbles, Anita.

The orange marble in the back does not bother me.

What I noticed is that the shadow of the first marble in front looks so sharp that to me, it looks like an edge of the surface the marbles are on, rather than a shadow (it's so different from the other shadows, too). It adds a bit of drama to the painting in my opinion, since it looks like it's about to roll off the edge...

Olga

Crystal Owl
05-02-2003, 02:13 PM
Nice job Anita,

I like them all :)

Irene

Gilberte
05-02-2003, 02:21 PM
Good brushstrokes on these round objects. Love the colors too !

Uschi
05-02-2003, 04:39 PM
The whole thing looks great to me!!!!! Very painterly, that's a great compliment in my art community HA!
Uschi

mustcreate
05-08-2003, 10:11 AM
How wonderful to see another painting of my marbles!!

I love the cropped version of yours Anita.....and I particularly enjoy the washy feel inside the marbles!!

em

Nitsa
05-08-2003, 10:51 AM
TY Lyn, Marvin, Iris, Char, Dot, IreneGilberte, Uschi and Em! ;)

Bill......Think you hit the nail on the head there, thanx for the advice!

Olga.......Yes, I see it too now...Well spotted!

MALARKEY
05-08-2003, 03:11 PM
Hi Nitsa, these marbles are great. The opaqueness on the orange doesn't bother ...maybe because you so often find marbles with milky areas in them. One thing I was curious about is how large is this painting? great job! sandy

Lady Carol
05-08-2003, 04:58 PM
Great painting. I think this is the best of all the marble paintings I have seen. The colors are intense.

Nitsa
05-08-2003, 06:04 PM
Sandy...TY, it is 11x9" in size.

Lady Carol.....TY for the huge compliment! :)