PDA

View Full Version : encore flowers

capricorne
05-01-2003, 10:06 AM
here is another one, I hope the url is ok now :-)
Jan
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-May-2003/12526-Flowers.jpg

pampe
05-01-2003, 10:09 AM
TAAA DAAAA

good job on the URL and the painting!

:D

Fagan
05-01-2003, 10:12 AM
ooooh! lovely bouquet! very well done. What size?

babybrush
05-01-2003, 10:12 AM
love this one too!! i feel like the objects scattered around the vase are a little odd. but as far as subject and rendering, GREAT!!

capricorne
05-01-2003, 10:13 AM
I think I miss something, I see the painting but not the url.......:confused:
There is work for me...
Thx for the appreciation
Jan

artmom
05-01-2003, 12:26 PM
Jan, another good one--I like the range of objects on the table.

Pampe is referring to your last painting that didn't show up! The line on the uploader that you have to copy is the URL.:D You obviously copied the whole line (URL) this time. LOL

Lyn

karenboss
05-01-2003, 12:38 PM
hop you don't minde me fiddeling... wanted to see w/o pinkness

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-May-2003/4697-temporary.jpg

Love your style, Jan!

mchew
05-01-2003, 12:44 PM
Another beautiful loose flower...

I looked at your profile and saw BELGIUM... tell me, do all you Belgians are so darn good at painting loose... eg. sonja craen, gilberte and now... you. :clap: :clap: :clap:

capricorne
05-01-2003, 01:12 PM
Thx all for the appreciation!
Fagan: the size is 36x43 cm.
artmom: thx for up loader advice.
Karen: you made a cooler version...great!.
In reality the background and table is more white. I had a problem with the digitalization. Because of the size of the painting I could not scan it, so I have filmed it and extract a photo from the film. The quality of light was not good when filming so I did a little fiddling myself :D
Marvin: thx for the compliment!
Don't make me fly:D
Jan

vestalqueen
05-01-2003, 02:21 PM
luscious!

Erin

Gilberte
05-01-2003, 02:49 PM
You're defnitely going the Reid way ! :clap:

Uschi
05-01-2003, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by babybrush
love this one too!! i feel like the objects scattered around the vase are a little odd. but as far as subject and rendering, GREAT!!

I agree, too evenly stattered, but still a lovely painting.
Uschi

surreal
05-01-2003, 07:04 PM
I love it!

I have 1 suggestion though:

I think the pitcher that holds the flowers should be darker, so that it stands out in front of the light colored background better.
At present, the pitcher seems to blend into the background.

The composition is lovely!

CharM
05-01-2003, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by mchew
Another beautiful loose flower...

I looked at your profile and saw BELGIUM... tell me, do all you Belgians are so darn good at painting loose... eg. sonja craen, gilberte and now... you. :clap: :clap: :clap:

LOL... Marvin, I'm a first generation Canadian... My Father is Belgium... and... trust me... I did not inherit this wonderful talent that Jan and Sonja and Gilberte execute so beautifully!!! I envy their wonderful, loose style! Their talen always shines through!!!

Jan, this is another example of your beautiful style... I would have preferred a little tighter composition, but you carried off the scattering of your objects so well...

capricorne
05-02-2003, 05:24 AM
Thanks Erin, Ushi, surreal (thx for the suggestion, you are right).
Charm: your father is a Belge! We have also family in Canada, particularly in Burford, Ontario, the family DE MUNCK the are tabac planters. The godfather, Gabe, is the uncle of my father in law..the world is a small place..
Gilberte: well I believe I'm on my way to Charles Reid, also literal :D
About the scattering of the objects, I'm follow Charles Reid here when he said that he don't want a focal point in his paintings.
It is still interesting to hear the different opinions about this subject.
I have put an other flower-picture on the WC!Gallery.
Thanks all.
Jan

painterbear
05-02-2003, 06:08 AM
Hello Jan,

Your wonderful wet into wet style with lost and found edges is very attractive. You have definitely entered the pantheon of fabulous Belgian painters here in the Watercolor forum.

I like Charles Reid's style of wet into wet, loose brushwork and spatters, but I don't necessarily like his compositional style. I think a focal point is good in a painting, even if it is a subtle one, rather than a random assortment of objects.

rapolina
05-06-2003, 08:55 AM
beautiful capricorne!
like the flower mixed to fruit!
ciao, rapolina.:)