PDA

View Full Version : Dogwood in the Woods

Borum
05-01-2003, 09:18 AM
Hi All,

Finally finished this one. Sorry for the scan, but in real life the painting has a lot more depth and color. Arches 140 Cold Wn paints. Thank you for viewing and your comments.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-May-2003/7613-DogWood2.gif

babybrush
05-01-2003, 09:20 AM
WOW this is gorgeous!! did you use chinese white for the dogwood? it is very nice indeed. see nothing to critique

Bethany

Phillip
05-01-2003, 09:22 AM
Very nice Borum
The tree with white leaves is pretty or are they flowers.

Good composition as well.

pampe
05-01-2003, 09:34 AM
It is a very interesting painting!

Haven't seen you for a while....good to see your work again!

pam

Borum
05-01-2003, 09:49 AM
babybrush the white is acrylic watered down pretty heavy. Did try using maskit, but couldn't get the effect I wanted with the blooms.

Phillip, they are flowers. Here in Augusta we get these trees blooming in the early spring. They are so beautiful. They also come with a red to pinkish bloom.

Pam, as all ways thank you for your comments. Have been pretty busy with a business that I have trying to get started and with the new baby. Oh yes, Via is 10 months old and we are exspecting again in September. The good Lord does work in mysterious ways!

Thank you all for viewing and your comments!

Yorky
05-01-2003, 12:55 PM
Wonderful job - love the blosson and the filtering sunlight.

Originally posted by Borum
.......... Oh yes, Via is 10 months old and we are exspecting again in September. The good Lord does work in mysterious ways! .............

We had our second 11 months 27 days after the first - then we found out what was causing it :D :evil:

Doug

Borum
05-01-2003, 01:56 PM
Yorky said "then we found out what was causing it"

Yes so have we and my wife has put a stop to that!:) :evil: :)

Gilberte
05-01-2003, 03:04 PM
moody - melancolic - wonderful !

Borum
05-01-2003, 03:40 PM
Gilberte thank you for the kind words. Sometimes I get lucky and I am able to capture and convey what I feel when I see something.

Again thank you all for viewing and commenting...

Sharon Douglas
05-01-2003, 04:31 PM
Yorky said "then we found out what was causing it"

Yes so have we and my wife has put a stop to that!:) :evil: :)

I laughed at these two quotes so much , that I almost forgot about the painting.
Which is very good btw, I like the effect of the white flowers.
Sharon.

CharM
05-01-2003, 09:48 PM

Pam, as all ways thank you for your comments. Have been pretty busy with a business that I have trying to get started and with the new baby. Oh yes, Via is 10 months old and we are exspecting again in September. The good Lord does work in mysterious ways!

Thank you all for viewing and your comments!

Congratulations!!! I thought I had figured out what "caused it", but seemed to have a relapse 15 years later... LOL

Beautiful painting! I love the shafts of light filtering through the trees!

surreal
05-01-2003, 11:20 PM
Very lovely image!