PDA

View Full Version : Want Critique??????

Nitsa
05-01-2003, 05:32 AM
Had a little brainwave last night that some of you may have already seen......I decided the easiest way for other WC'ers to KNOW that I want good honest critique, without typing it each time I post, was to add it to my profile that appears at the bottom of each post along with my ANITA signature!

Aren't I clever? LOL!

artmom
05-01-2003, 05:51 AM
Oh, you clever girl, you!

Okay, you wanted a critique:evil:

Here goes:

Great idea. One nit--I read The Wash before looking at this and my eye skipped right over the red "Critique Welcome" without it registering to your quote and your animated signature!

One suggestion: maybe you could make a Macro so that a couple of keystrokes would pop that request in at the beginning of your posts. Don't know if that would work.

Suggestion #2. Perhaps we could come up with a Critique Please icon that the powers that be (Scott?) would add to our choice of codes.

In the meantime, may I use a version of your idea???? Thanks.

But you really are on the right track--something easy and simple, but effective!:D

Lyn

moo67
05-01-2003, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by artmom

Suggestion #2. Perhaps we could come up with a Critique Please icon that the powers that be (Scott?) would add to our choice of codes.

Lyn

Great idea about the icon because if you disable viewing signatures in posts it dosent appear.
Moo

Yorky
05-01-2003, 06:25 AM
Maybe we should just use the Question icon at the top of our posts if we are asking for critques?

Doug

BTW I wish we had a watercolours icon so that I could pick out the watercolours from the oils in other forums.

Nitsa
05-01-2003, 06:53 AM
Now THERE'S a brainwave Lyn!
Of course I don't mind you using this idea! :)

...Oh....and thanx for the critique! LOL!

artmom
05-01-2003, 07:06 AM
Thanks, Anita!

Doug, Question mark might work. Interesting idea about watercolor icon.

Moo, good point!

Good thread, Anita:D

Lyn

Sylvielu
05-01-2003, 09:48 AM
The Critque Center offers great structural and general critiques also.

Sometimes its seems one has to pull teeth to get good critiques. I myself look for critiques. In the beginning I posted all my work in the crtique center.

What I want is someone to point out things that are not obvious that will help me in addition to the things I already know about.

pampe
05-01-2003, 11:39 AM
or you could ask for it

:eek:

karenboss
05-01-2003, 12:01 PM
ok, then here goes. It's a nice post, the words string together to make casual conversational sentances - and the results are a glimps of your personality. For improvement, I would add a tiny head so we can see you - other than that - looks like a good post to me! (:D )

(sorry can't resits being a bit of a smart-a**)

Nitsa
05-01-2003, 12:06 PM
ROFLMAO @ Karen!
I can't make a tinyhead :(, I did try....If anyone would like to make me one from one of my paintings I would be VERY grateful!!!!!!! :angel:

Pampe, that's what we already do now, only we have to type it EVERY time and sometimes I forget, would be much nicer and alot clearer if we could just click an icon, IMHO! :D