MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/05-01-2003/21746_oddflwrs12.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Odd Flowers
Year Created: 2003
Medium: Photograph
Surface: Computer
Dimension: 6 x 6 inches
Allow digital alterations?: No, please :)

MY COMMENTS:
I took this behind my apt complex in a dry creek bed. I have NO idea what kind of flowers these are. They were just clustered together in a kind of pod shape that opened up with lots of small little star shape flowers. I found them very cool. If I can go back and take better pics of it I will.

The matte and text I added in Photoshop.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Any feedback is welcomed.

jerryW
05-01-2003, 07:48 AM
is it an aloe plant?

bocote
05-01-2003, 10:51 PM
very fine plant there. Everything is big in Texas compared to Ohio and I first thought milkweed when I saw those flowers. Turns out it is called Antelope horns (Asclepias asperula). A search on google will get a ton of info for you, but you got a gem there since it only flowers when conditions are just right.

I remember having quite some fun with the milkweed pods that would develope in Ohio, but the antelope horns gotta be twice as great.

have fun,

Bocote

bocote
05-01-2003, 10:52 PM
beautiful picture btw. Looks like something I'd like to paint. Artistically the picture is perfect, but a botanist would prolly like to see more leaves and perhaps the root.

elledeegee
05-02-2003, 03:56 AM
I am so happy I posted this image. :D
I just took the picture at Easter but I was really :confused: what this flower was called. Thanks! :)

:clap:

~L~