PDA

View Full Version : */*/ DAILY WASH THURSDAY 1st May */*/

andylavallee
05-01-2003, 03:09 AM
just a quick good morning all, I was here ages ago then I got into a chat room MSN with my sister in N.Vancouver my Sister in Bussleton W. Australia My Sister in Torquay U.K and my niece in the Okanagan Canada. does anyone use these with fellow WC ers?.
Not a very good forcast for us today but who cares its Thursday and summer is coming, off to work now have a good day all

madmum
05-01-2003, 03:26 AM
Morning!!!!

Just had a real downpour of rain and hail - yuck! Sky has cleared for now.

Want to paint today, then we have parent's evening for Craig tonight. Expecting lots of reports about him talking in class and "he's very bright, but he messes about too much" type comments :rolleyes:

Hugs

Ruth

mchew
05-01-2003, 04:02 AM
Hi Andy, Ruth and everyone.

Andy, I use yahoo messenger although I do have msn messenger installed but rarely use... as for chatting with WC! member, there's a chatroom in cafe that I frequent.

Ruth, been there, done that, but I was the boy... lol! :D

gloomy and humid day today... looks like going to rain but it hasn't... trying to compile all the sketches and photographs for tomorrow's meeting with mural client. Thank you all so much for the comments and suggestions yesterday.... especially Pam who re-touched the sketch with more colours... :)

I basically know now I needed more vibrant primary colours and I'll need rulers, measuring tape, etc. to help on drawing on such big surface.

OK... I'll be back to check the wash tonite... off to do some more sketches... bye for now!

Yorky
05-01-2003, 04:13 AM
Morning all!

Weather looks promising - cloudbase is lifting and the sun is starting to burn through.

Good luck with the mural commission, Marvin.

Get the brushes out, Ruth :D

Going to post some photos on my RIL then do a couple more mini portraits for the Project.

Cheers!

Doug

Nitsa
05-01-2003, 04:57 AM
Morning all!
Rain forecasted here again today :(
Have friends popping by at around 1pm and a whole heap of housework to get done before that, so no time for painting this morning :(
Still, hubby is away tonight so I should be able to dabble a little when the kids go off to bed! :)

Have a good day!

Sharon Douglas
05-01-2003, 05:45 AM
Good morning everyone,
YEEEEHAAAAAA:clap: :clap:
I`m not expecting any visitors today, I should be doing shopping, but I refuse to do it.
My daughter has been going to school now for nearly two weeks and I haven`t had a single day to paint yet, and today is the day.
If anybody knocks I`ll hide behind the door if I have to.....lol....
Tomorrow I`m at the hospital AGAIN, it`s my second home did you know?llol.so I won`t get a chance then, weekend kids are off school, monday is bank holiday so the kids are off again, Tues...... the list goes on and on,..........
:rolleyes:
Never mind, I`m going to have a quick tidy around now so that I can come home from dropping Danielle off at school, and get straight on to painting.:clap:
So bye for now
have a great day one and all, see you all later
Sharon.

painterbear
05-01-2003, 06:21 AM
Good Morning all,

It is only 6:15 a.m. here in Ohio and day is breaking outside. Birds are chirping and we are supposed to have a warm, sunny first day of May.

When I was a little kid (many years ago), on May Day we used to make little bouguets of violets and other early spring flowers and hang them in little paper baskets on the doorknobs of people we liked in our neighborhood. Does anyone else remember doing something like that? It was a lot of fun for givers and recipients.

We had a nice visit with our grandson, Quinn, but it was so-o-o-o nice to come home too. Where do four year olds get all their energy? We went to the park one day and the zoo the next. Took lots of photos but I have an old fashioned camera and will have to show you after I get the film developed.

Will try to finish my painting of the mother swan and her baby today and post it later. I'm pretty happy with the way it is going, but now I need to add more darks in the background water. Now I tell myself to add darks, even before I post it here—Something is sinking in. ;).

Marvin, Good luck with the mural commission. See that you are hard at work on it already.

Sharon, Anita, Doug, and all others who are planning on painting today--go to it. Look forward to seeing your posts of a productive day.

Ruth, Good luck at your teacher's conference. I had one like your Craig so I know what you mean. Our daughter brought home a note in first grade "Kari is distruptive in class." We were stunned and went to see the teacher--turned out Kari talked a lot and "looked out the window" when she should be doing her work. Also turned out when we talked to Kari at home that she was bored stiff and looked out the window because she finished her work faster than the others did!

Well, it is good to be back on WC, now I have a lot of catching up to do. I'm sure I missed many wonderful paintings while I was gone.

See you later.

CharM
05-01-2003, 06:36 AM
Good morning Everyone... Just a quick hi before I dash off the the Mfg. Plant... I managed to skim through yesterday's wash when I got to my hotel room last night... I was too tired to check out the threads and probably won't get to them until tonight or tomorrow... Coming back from Ft. Wayne, Indiana last night, we drove through some pretty nasty thunderstorms... The forecast was marking some of the same for Springfield, Ohio (where I am just now), but it doesn't look too bad out there... Driving back to Canada this afternoon, so I hope the weather holds...

Good health, good luck, good painting to everyone!!!

Have a great day!

artmom
05-01-2003, 06:38 AM
Good morning, World Wide Washerees!

Hey, Brits, do you all still do maybaskets and maypoles, or has that all gone by the wayside there as it has here in the 55 years since I left the land of my birth? Those days were so much more innocent or naive or maybe I just was so young! (Big sigh!)

Andy, check out my post "Need skin help, WIP," it's my cropped version of your son's hand with grandbaby holding on tight. I've never painted hands before--in fact, this is only the second time I've ever tried skin tones. Thanks for the use of the pic.:D I hope you won't be sorry I've tried it! LOL

Madmum, you said ' Expecting lots of reports about him talking in class and "he's very bright, but he messes about too much" type comments'--I LOL, because my report cards always said "she's very bright, but Lyn reads other books in class." Can't they figure out we are/were bored!!!!! Thanks for the help w/the skin tones:D

Marvin, keep truckin'!

Doug, I'll check the RIL out and wait to see your portraits.

Anita, don't work too hard! LOL

Sharon, hope you get to paint.

I'm going to work some more on the Hands painting, and I have another started (third try on this one) of a Venecian scene, a bit larger than I've been working on. Hopefully, third time will be the charm!:D

If anyone has experience with skin tones, I can use all the help I can get!! Please look at my Help with Skin Tones post and comment!

Hope everyone has the kind of day they wish for:)

Lyn

Bill J
05-01-2003, 07:22 AM
Rain here in Sunny Florida again today. I'm going to sit in on an art class today and try to fix the sail on my sailboat pic I posted earlier this week. Have a good one
bill

I'm drawn to art:)

artmom
05-01-2003, 07:42 AM
Whoops, PainterBear and CharM--we cross posted.

PainterBear, your daughter's experience at school was exactly as mine was--as you can see by my post. And my experience with may baskets was similar to yours --again as you can see by my post!
Great minds... LOL

Char--hey, buddy!--drive carefully!

Bill, enjoy your day--Have you tried the uploader yet?

Lyn

Yorky
05-01-2003, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by artmom
Good morning, World Wide Washerees!

Hey, Brits, do you all still do maybaskets and maypoles, or has that all gone by the wayside there as it has here in the 55 years since I left the land of my birth? Those days were so much more innocent or naive or maybe I just was so young! (Big sigh!) ........

.......... Madmum, you said ' Expecting lots of reports about him talking in class and "he's very bright, but he messes about too much" type comments'--I LOL, because my report cards always said "she's very bright, but Lyn reads other books in class." Lyn

Yes, Lyn they still dance around the Maypole. I'm going to a May Day Gala on Monday 5th (politically correct *diots can't help monkeying around with our traditions) where they have sideshows, games, Morris Dancing and yes- a Maypole!

Lyn - you want to ask Madmum and Sharon what they gor up to in the classroom at Wigan Pier :D :evil:

Doug

ScarletLake
05-01-2003, 07:58 AM
Hi everyone

Almost 8 am here this morning. May have some thundersotrms here this afternoon.

I am planning on doing a few errands this morning & then I'm going to sit down & paint this afternoon. Housework be damned!!!!

Andy - Have a good day at work

Ruth - You may just get suprised at teacher conference. I have a 14 yo who does not do well in school & we just found out ADD & on Concerta but I talked with the pediatrician I worked for yesterday & we have Josh on lowest dose & she said usually don't see any change until on higer dose.

Marvin - Ole!

Sharon - glad you're going to get to paint also.

Sylvia - I guess that is the good thing about being a grandparent. Glad you had a good time.

Well not much else to report.

Anita J.

Bill J
05-01-2003, 08:15 AM
Just saw this and had to post it
bill

A customer was really hassling an airline agent at the ticket counter -- yelling and using foul language. However, the agent was polite, pleasant and smiled while the customer continued to abuse her.

When the man finally left, the next person in line said to the agent, "Does that happen often? I can't believe how nice you were to him."

The agent smiled and said, "No problem, I took care of it. He's going to Detroit. His bags are going to Bangkok."

Little Old Lady
05-01-2003, 08:44 AM
Happy May Day.
Cool and cloudy
Glad no reported sleep problems today.
I can relate to school reports "not working up to potential" was common report.
My grandson the chef had a troubled relationship with the High school principa, always testing the limits. At graduation as he received his diploma he threw his arm around pricipal and kissed him!
Have a good day.
JoAnn

Phillip
05-01-2003, 08:48 AM
Good morning all, I see you's are starting to wake up.
Just about to go to bed here , its almost 11pm.

Hardly anyone on during the day here, you's sleep to much. LOL:D

Uschi
05-01-2003, 08:59 AM
Good morning Everyone!!!!!

Rain!!!!!!!!!!! Hip, hip, hurray!!!! Hadn't had a drop of moisture in about 3 weeks and this is spring. Supposed to end by tonight so just the right amount.

Went to life drawing last night, had a model who, without a lie, must have weighed 300 lbs. and yet she was wonderful. Great poses and wonderfully bendy. Well, I took my watercolours, longest pose ended up being 30 minutes, not really long enough to draw and paint, but I did it, actually did two. Might add pen and ink for defining lines. Will need lots more practice and wish they brought back those 3 hour poses, could do something really nice that way. I may post it later when the light is good for photographing.

No idea what I am going to do today.
Have a great day!!!!
Uschi

Phillip
05-01-2003, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Uschi

Went to life drawing last night, had a model who, without a lie, must have weighed 300 lbs. and yet she was wonderful. Great poses and wonderfully bendy.

Uschi [/B]

Good morning Uschi, I just got back from life drawing about an hour ago, we had a great model she was here on holiday from England. did not do any watercolor though, the longest each pose went for was 20 minutes. Not long enough for me with watercolours, so I just used ink, charcoal & crayons.

Strawberry Wine
05-01-2003, 09:22 AM
Good Day to All :

Raining here too Uschi:) :) :) An all nighter and will probably be an all dayer as well. Thank goodness. I planted some seeds the other day and the soil was barely damp.

Ruth: My report cards all through school were " Gail is a very bright child, chats too much and does not apply herself" Barely made a C average all through school. Went into nursing and my lowest mark was an 85 in nutrition with a very boring teacher.

Sylvia: Glad you had fun with grandson and isn't it nice to be home again:)

I am working on my second attempt of Lyn Cyr for the portrait exchange. Blonde hair and light skin tones sure are tough.

I am experiencing a bit of upset stomach and head ache tday. So phoned the office and my clients and said I was staying home. No need to pass anything around. Hope I am feeling better this afternoon as I need to pick up dog food and perhaps do the shop early this week. We will see

Happy painting to all who can paint today.

Gail

Oh yeah Doug, What did the butler see?

pampe
05-01-2003, 09:29 AM
Happy Thursday, all

SO glad to be back in my routine.....seems more important the older I get

SUNNY and beautiful today.....but we, too need rain!

I have all day to paint without interruption until 5PM when we go to a reception at the Hockaday Museum for it's 100th birthday! (I know a hundred isn't much to you Europe dwellers) but champagne and bagpipe music is a pretty big deal in Kalispell, Montana;)

HOCKADAY MUSEUM (http://www.hockadayartmuseum.org/)

Have a creative and beautiful day (or a good night's sleep)

Pam

sisangel
05-01-2003, 09:42 AM
Just a couple of things to share today

I had my 3rd painting out yesterday (flowers in vases) and was getting ready to use it as test scrap. Someone came over and I brought them in studio area to show a WIP landscape. She told me she loved the flower vase painting and wanted to buy it. Well, one never knows. I guess even though I may not like it, someone else may be reached by it.

For those in US with access to Michael's, they have coupon for 40% off an item in newspaper. The coupon runs 3 weeks out of the month. Arches paper is regulary $33 but with coupon is only $20, less than $1.50 a sheet. Not bad.

Have a great day and enjoy painting

Bonnie

Phillip
05-01-2003, 09:49 AM
Wow just goes to prove maybe we should not throw to many paintings away, that we think are no good.

Christie
05-01-2003, 09:49 AM
Morning all! Had a night of little sleep due to small children not sleeping well. My son had a door slammed on his hand yesterday and I think it was uncomfortable for him last night.

Anyhow, this morning is looking better. George is using his hand better, so nothing appears to be broken. I can paint this morning and nap this afternoon when the girls go to school.

Ruth, I have a son like yours too! I sometime despair of his ever finishing school and he is only eight.... :D His sister is his complete opposite and is doing swimmingly in school. :)

Okay, I am off to paint (or fall asleep in my palette). :)

coffee_girl3000
05-01-2003, 11:04 AM
Good afternoon! Funny weather today - poured with rain on way to and from school (I walk for 30 minutes each way) but has been sunny with broken cloud when indoors, like now. How irritating! Sure the weather knows when I'm outdoors.

Woke up this morning and dad was here shouting, mum was very upset. He left as me and my sister got up, but I'm pretty annoyed. This whole thing is really taking it's toll on my mum and younger sister. My little brothers don't notice it or let it bother them. Luckily, I don't think it's affecting revision for my exams, and I am able to take a deep breath and not be bothered. I'm glad I have plenty of people to talk to about it at school, and online as well. Otherwise I might go mad!

I've realised that my problem with oils may be that I don't paint things that I usually paint with w/c. I've been trying new, difficult things and failing. One of my favourite w/c subjects is macro flowers so I plan to paint one on this big canvas I have. Exciting stuff but a bit daunting :).

Hope things go fine at the Parent's Evening Ruth. I get those comments in Physics :D, it's very boring so get distracted.

Have fun tonight Pam! You're right, 100 seems not very old here, but over the pond I suppose a lot of buildings are new.

:clap: Well done with the sale Bonnie, what a stroke of luck!

Feel better soon Gail (((hugs)))

Christie
05-01-2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by coffee_girl3000
[B]Good afternoon! Funny weather today - poured with rain on way to and from school (I walk for 30 minutes each way) but has been sunny with broken cloud when indoors, like now. How irritating! Sure the weather knows when I'm outdoors.

Sounds like our weather here....

Woke up this morning and dad was here shouting, mum was very upset. He left as me and my sister got up, but I'm pretty annoyed. This whole thing is really taking it's toll on my mum and younger sister. My little brothers don't notice it or let it bother them. Luckily, I don't think it's affecting revision for my exams, and I am able to take a deep breath and not be bothered. I'm glad I have plenty of people to talk to about it at school, and online as well. Otherwise I might go mad!

I am happy that you are not letting their problems affect your exam work, but this must be a difficult thing for everyone in the house. I'm glad you have plenty of people to talk to as well. it will help you "keep your head on straight" as my grandmother used to say. :)

Your oil painting endeavor sounds interesting. I can't wait to see how the macro flower turns out!

pampe
05-01-2003, 11:36 AM
Sarah...thanks

and you take care...sometimes it takes it's toll on you too.....so take care of yourself....((hug))

Uschi
05-01-2003, 11:51 AM
HA! Phillip, 30 minutes isn't long eneough either, but it sure helps getting looser, not much choice!!!

Gail, wasn't the rain wonderful!!! Hope you'll feel fine soon!!!

Pam, re routine, you and me both and I used to be so flixible and full of adventure.

Bonnie, I have heard that soooooo many times before, our own taste isn't necessarily everyone elses, we shouldn't judge!!!

Sarah, lots of ((((((hugs)))))!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I hope this is O.K. to post my last night's nude here. If not, I hope someone can remove it and please let me know and I'll never do it again!!
Uschi

Here is Gorgina
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-May-2003/10602-Gorgina.jpg

bswilson1147
05-01-2003, 11:52 AM
Looks like the dry season has ended. We've had lots of slow day long rains, no lightning. Nice to leave the lanai door open in the evening. Cats are SO lazy!

Got my full sheet drawing of the blue & gold macaw done last evening. Will transfer it tonight to w/c paper (300#).

Off to the art supply store at noon to buy mats.:D

Little Old Lady
05-01-2003, 12:06 PM
Great job Uschi. Love your loose lady.
Sarah hope things improve. Keep an eye on your brothers they may be feeling a lot more that they show! You all may need some type of counseling.
JoAnn

artmom
05-01-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Yorky

Yes, Lyn they still dance around the Maypole. I'm going to a May Day Gala on Monday 5th (politically correct *diots can't help monkeying around with our traditions) where they have sideshows, games, Morris Dancing and yes- a Maypole!

Lyn - you want to ask Madmum and Sharon what they gor up to in the classroom at Wigan Pier :D :evil:

Doug

Doug, thanks for answering the question about May Day. I wondered why Andy was off to work on May Day. I Yes, our politically correct *diots move all our holidays to Mondays and the traditions get lost in everyone taking a long weekend!!!! And Doug, what did the Butler See????LOL

Madmum and Sharon--what on earth did you get up to in the classroom at Wigan Pier????

Lyn

Yorky
05-01-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by artmom
And Doug, what did the Butler See????LOL

Madmum and Sharon--what on earth did you get up to in the classroom at Wigan Pier????

Lyn

You'll have to come and see for yourself :D

My lips are sealed, Madmum and Sharon - for a while anyway :evil:

Doug

sweetbabydill
05-01-2003, 02:34 PM
Hi all!
Hope you all are having a great day of sorts. As usual, I just dropped in to say hello. I guess because I never no what to say. Anyways- Take care
Carolyn

lyn lynch
05-01-2003, 02:51 PM
Hooray, hooray, It's the First of May!
Here's a little smooch from Auntie to start your day....
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-May-2003/16729-Smooch.jpg

LOL, Bill. Agent remembers man has had such intimidating behavior, just made mistake...LOL

Ah, Uschi. Would love some snaps of 300#'er, don't even need the head, just the body for practice, I add the head. Oooo, I love it! Great interp, Uschi, thanks for showing it to Washers.

Sarah, I about to hop on broom and fly over there have stern talk w/mom and dad. JHC! I see this all the time as I advocate for children here in USA. What a way to start the day. Bad example for children of how to cope with emotions. You deal w/it well, by talking about it to others. You know they both love children, but can't resist getting in playpen to hurt each other. Let it go Mom and Dad. It's a done deal, you acknowledge that you cannot live together anymore. Auntie has cactus spine in foot over issue of parents hurting children, whether intentionally or not. Whether acknowledged or not, this behavior hurts all children, glad you are talking about it so you see that other adults do not condone this behavior.

I woke late this am and missed meeting re volunteer job. Yikes! More data for book how to start relationships w/foot in hole.

See new Project "Wild West 2"? Good one, I entered. Chance to practice dreaded landscape work, and a bit of buildings, too. I love buildings but have been away from there since began watercolor. Should be interesting..

Hi, Pamps, Good day to all and good night to all. Auntie

[edit] There is a good discussion in Site Discussion re nudes in RIL. There is a link provided in a Cafe thread. May want to check it out and add comments, especially how Scottb could administer it, if you are in favor, as there could be problems. Also, to add your comments if not in favor, specifically why you are not in favor.

vestalqueen
05-01-2003, 03:02 PM
Hi, you washers! Just poking my head in to comment about Uschi's lady and Fookie's smooch! Both are delightful! Yorky, just what did the butler see? I can't wait for Lyn to go over there and report back.

Fookie - I seem to have a spare foot today. Would you like to remove it from my mouth to put in your hole?

Erin

madmum
05-01-2003, 03:03 PM
I'm STILL not saying a word about the classroom!! Have to beat it out of me! ;) Suffice to say it was hugely embarressing!

Wow, Uschi, that could almost be me! :o

((((((((((Sarah)))))))))) Tell mum and dad to save arguments for times when you children can't see/hear. Their timing stinks :mad:

Auntie, I'll have a look at that thread, thanks :)

Parents evening went as expected - used to it now! lol Just hope he knuckles down next year :rolleyes:

Ruth

Sharon Douglas
05-01-2003, 03:42 PM
My lips are sealed too Ruth.:evil:
Sharon.

pampe
05-01-2003, 04:10 PM
HEY!

9000th post

*I definitely need a life*:rolleyes:

andylavallee
05-01-2003, 04:14 PM
Congratulations Pampe, how many people have you helped in that 9000 an awful lot from one of them thanks very much

Nandie
05-01-2003, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by coffee_girl3000

Sarah, you can be sure that your little brothers do notice the strife between their mom & dad and it does bother them. Younger children sometimes cope by trying to pretend the problem doesn't exist. I really wish you could get counselling for your family..... when I was 9 years old my parents fought like crazy (things did get better and they are still married!) but I couldn't stand listening to them fight - and then mom would unburden on me afterward. I finally screwed up my courage and told her bluntly that either she and dad needed to get counselling and quit fighting around me or I was going to need a psychiatrist! Well, I don't think they ever did get counselling but she then realised the emotional toll this was having on me, and they tried not to fight so openly around me. I think you need to point this out to your parents - the damage they are doing to the rest of the family (you & your siblings) with all this fighting and carrying on, and they may not even be aware of it. Also, talk to your little brothers if you can about how they are feeling.. they may not open up but let them know they have somebody to run to if they need to talk about it.

Good luck and God bless!

Uschi
05-01-2003, 05:20 PM
Nandy, soooooooo very well said. Actually wouldn't be a bad idea for Sarah to show this thread to her parents.

Congratulations Pam!!!! I agree with Andy!!!

Ruth, I don't think so!!!!! This lady is not chubby, not plump, not fat, not obese, but extremely obese and yet we loved her. Shows you don't have to be skinny as a rake to be a much desired model!!! (Which she is!!!)

Fookie - another beautiful painting!!!!! Heading off to the two places you mentioned, right after finishing this. And furthermore, what's going on, no puppy tale?????????
Oh, fookie, no snaps of the lady, remember "life" drawing, no photos allowed but I can share my drawings.

Thanks JoAnn and Erin - glad you like it, only 4 more evenings, but I think I'll sign up for the summer as well.
Uschi

Yorky
05-01-2003, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by pampe
HEY!

9000th post

*I definitely need a life*:rolleyes:

Not a local legend - a worldwide Legend!

Congratulations. :clap: :clap: :clap:

jaytee
05-01-2003, 05:46 PM
Just LOVE Uschis and Fookies Paintings....................could be a bit like what the butler saw ? :evil:

(((((Sarah)))) Take good care of yourself............mature though you are for your years, you are too young to be carrying the burden for the whole family without finding some 'live' ( as opposed to internet ;)) experienced adult support for yourself.......... perhaps you have already found that in one of your schoolteachers? Is there someone locally who knows your brothers and sisters too who can be supportive without taking sides ? Remember we are always here for you . And good luck with your oils portrait :)

Pamps ............:clap: :clap: :clap: ... but Ill save the champagne till you hit 10,000................... in a few weeks time :evil:

Nandie
05-01-2003, 05:59 PM
Congratulations Pam.....and you DO have a life - our lives wouldn't be the same without you!!

Fookie, what a lovely pucker!! Is that a loose woman??:D

sweetbabydill
05-01-2003, 06:29 PM
Just curious by what you all mean by what the butler saw?
Carolyn

Yorky
05-01-2003, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by sweetbabydill
Just curious by what you all mean by what the butler saw?
Carolyn

Madmum took a photograph of me looking at a "What the Butler Saw" machine at Wigan Pier. It was 2nd thread in Wednesday's Daily Wash, Carolyn. Here's the link:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=104508

My lips are sealed about what happened in the classroom, Madmum and Sharon - for the time being :D

Doug

pampe
05-01-2003, 07:05 PM
*writing champagne contract for JT*

thanks for the good wishes, fellow WCers.....you too can yack and paint

sweetbabydill
05-01-2003, 07:37 PM
Thanks for the link Doug. Now I remember seeing that post. Hey, what did the butler see?
Carolyn

Little Old Lady
05-01-2003, 08:02 PM
Just dropped back in. Love the pucker Lyn and your input on fighting parents. I can still remember fights between my mom and dad.
Good advice from Anita too!
Congratulations Pam. What would we do without you!
JoAnn

hopefulbucky
05-02-2003, 12:24 AM
Good evening all. Most of you are probably already into tomorrow. What a neat thing about this site!!!:clap: :clap:

Pampe, congratulations, wow 9000+ that is certainly a huge achievement and I can tell from the many posts that I have read on this site you have contributed greatly. A 'Legend' hmm, well deserved.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

mchew
05-02-2003, 08:09 AM
Hi everyone,

Just came back from the meeting with mural client. Changed part of my design... they like the first sketch better.. as they want more depth... took out the pillars, replaced with bricks surronding the window...etc.

I don't know if this is great news or not...after all this... we agreed on a lower price which I can still live with... 20% discount!

But I only agreed when they offered to provide a little space in their shop where I can display some prints and small paintings (But cater for the younger generations... :D) They suggested I put my service for commissioned portraits painting, but I said I can't do likeness of portrait very well)... I guess now I have a reason to join the portrait project now. :) I suggested commissioning pet & animal paintings and they like the idea....

I guess that's what they say about give and take. Will start painting mural on May 14th... shop opening on 20th... hope I can make it!

and guess what... since I'm free next week... I'm gonna use one of the walls near our dinning area as "guinea pig"... lol