PDA

View Full Version : on the ocke

andylavallee
05-01-2003, 03:04 AM
Hi all, Not my best effort the perspective walked out on it, BUT I did manage to get the brick work colours to do what I had in mind, so I'm looking on the bright side just for a moment there I was in control!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-May-2003/16392-pub.jpg

comments/Advice welcome as are chuckles

madmum
05-01-2003, 03:17 AM
Great job on the stone wall, Andy! Yes, perspective is out, you need to start drawing perspective lines meeting at vanishing point if you continue to struggle with perspective. Drawers perspective would be bottom heading upwards, top nearly horizontal for example :)

I want to see this again with Bobby George type character :D

Ruth

Nitsa
05-01-2003, 05:28 AM
You've already spotted the faults here so I'll just suggest that a little more red on the dartboard would be a nice punch.
WD on your brickwork but most all WD on the mood of the piece, even with it's faults I felt I had visited somewhere quite private!

andylavallee
05-01-2003, 03:13 PM
Thanks for your comments Ruth and Nitsa, made a few adjustments.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-May-2003/16392-pub.jpg

madmum
05-01-2003, 03:17 PM
Ut oh Andy, you didn't give the painting a new file name so you replaced the original!!!

I know what you did, anyway, so :clap: good save!

Next one include Bobby ;) :D

Ruth

andylavallee
05-01-2003, 03:21 PM
I often wondered how people did that , thanks Ruth . I'm afraid I ain't got no bodies, not got to that lesson yet:D

sweetbabydill
05-01-2003, 06:41 PM
I don't have any critique but just wanted to say that I like it.

Carolyn

CharM
05-01-2003, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Nitsa
You've already spotted the faults here so I'll just suggest that a little more red on the dartboard would be a nice punch.
WD on your brickwork but most all WD on the mood of the piece, even with it's faults I felt I had visited somewhere quite private!

Anita has said it...