MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
comments and suggestions are welcomed. Thanks, Jim

Gilberte
04-30-2003, 03:36 PM
If I may ...
add some more quick greens and some shadows and it will be sold "quickly" ...:D

coulter
04-30-2003, 09:02 PM
Hey Jim, you're getting looser! This looks really nice...

And I would do anything Gilberte says, that woman KNOWS flowers :D

Mark

woodguy
04-30-2003, 09:32 PM
Gilberte...To the QUEEN of flowers I say, "thank you'! I am not sure what you mean by "quick green"? I will certainly add it if you say so.

Thanks, Mark! It was quick and loose. And she does KNOW flowers!

Thanks, Jim

mattlart
04-30-2003, 11:25 PM
NICE and LOOSE!

Jim,....maybe just a TOUCH of detail to distinguish those flowers.....

Man,..I LOVE the flowerpot and it's shadow. To me......THAT'S the painting.! Cheers,-Scott

woodguy
05-01-2003, 12:17 AM
Thanks, Scott! Me too. I really like the pot! I know that the flowers need some detail, but because this was made up I did not have anything to reference back to for the detail. Oh well, it was fun and may lead to new things. Jim

Gilberte
05-01-2003, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by woodguy
Gilberte...To the QUEEN of flowers I say, "thank you'! I am not sure what you mean by "quick green"? I will certainly add it if you say so.

Thanks, Mark! It was quick and loose. And she does KNOW flowers!

Thanks, Jim

Helly Woodguy,
THANK YOU for the compliment. I didn't even know you knew of my painting existence. As you mentioned your work to be a "quickie one" I just suggested some "quick-vivid green" to be added ... :D I like your style very much and whenever possible I always take a look at your postings ... WC having so many forums I sometimes miss things.
Sincerely,

jerryW
05-01-2003, 07:50 AM
exciting whites and greens on a supportive matrix.
BTW
flowers are selling well now.
it is a great idea.
I might go for more of that.
possibly improptu paintings of people and portraits are too personal or private to purchase.

HSargent
05-01-2003, 08:45 AM
A very good nights work. I would be afraid to add to the greens and distract from the overall feel and eye attraction.

Congratulations. I haven't accomplished fast and loose!

Ginette
05-01-2003, 08:47 AM
Lots of your work as a milky softness that I like
This one especially, it as if one looks through a steamy shower door do make out the object on the other side.

Mysterious.

Ginette

artinoils
05-01-2003, 03:04 PM
Whoohoo:clap: Awesome...would not add a thingto the flowers!
Would make the pot a bit wider beneath the rim on the right side.
It should sell before the paints dry.

woodguy
05-01-2003, 07:45 PM
Gilberte...I know your paintings well! I have always admired your ability in watercolor to paint such wonderful florals. I am an avid looker, but not so avid when it comes to comments and responses. Thanks, again

Thanks, Jerry! Good observation about what people want.

HSargent....Thanks, I am trying to let looser and less caught up in detail. For me it is not easy.

Thanks, Ginette! "Through the shower door" I like that description, and that is the kind of softness and mood I would like to be able to convey.

Susan...Thanks for the "clapper"! And I love you optimism about the quick sale. I put it on my web gallery at Yessy today, so we will see!

Thanks again to all, Jim

bocote
05-01-2003, 10:06 PM
this is great work. as a work of art it holds together quite strong for me and I especially like the very soft use of paint on the canvas in areas; it almost has that soft chalk feel to it. Color mixing/selection is top notch. This is the magnum opus.

have fun,

Bocote

woodguy
05-02-2003, 01:01 AM
Thank you, Bocote. very flattering!! I appreciate it very much. Jim