PDA

View Full Version : Latest SCRATCH project

myorca
04-30-2003, 12:48 PM
Hi gang!!

Well here is my latest project almost completed. I couldnt wait any longer to post what I have been working on. As always, comments welcomed!!!!

Bob

ironhorse
04-30-2003, 01:42 PM
Oh WOW that is SO cool!
Great lighting!!!!
I'll admit thought that the light along his back took me bit to figure out what exactly it was?
Love his face though!!!!
Twyla

myorca
04-30-2003, 01:56 PM
Thanks Twyla!! The back does cause a bit of confusion, but as soon as I get his hind leg (the black curve just below the back) dialed in bit I think that will be a bit less confusing.

bob

Paul Hopkinson
04-30-2003, 02:18 PM
This is great work Bob and so finely done. I keep saying that I will have a go at Scratch Art one day but my local art suppliers don't stock the materials!:(
Do you use your own reference photo's? If so you must be one heck of a photographer!

Paul

myorca
04-30-2003, 02:47 PM
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the comments!!!

This particular scratch I used a photo by Harry Giglio. He was extremely kind in allowing me to use it.
I do get out at times to take pictures depending on how my body is doing. I have a rare form of arthritis called Ankylosing Spondylitis which has fused my entire spine. It is difficult to see through a camera lens when you can not bend your neck to get a good angle at something. So, I do what I can, and most people I have asked have graciously allowed me to use their photos.

Can your art suppliers order boards for you? I know that some of the scratch knives are made in England.

Bob

crazeejumper
04-30-2003, 03:40 PM
Your scratch art looks like excellent B&W photos! So much detail! :clap:

myorca
04-30-2003, 04:49 PM
Hi Crazeeeeeeeee :)

Thank you!! That detail is what I strive to achieve. Thanks for lookin!!

Bob

Paul Hopkinson
04-30-2003, 06:34 PM
Hi Bob, I will do some searching for any stores in the UK that stock them. I'm a bit daft really, I've recently ordered some things from Dick Blick and could have ordered these at the same time. The only problem is the extra costs like shipping and added tax.
So I think I will try to find somewhere local next time!

My wife and I were watching a shopping channel on sky the other day who were advertising the same kind of thing, the problem was that these were basic kits with pre-printed scibing line on them. Also I see you can get the background in white, hologram, silver and gold. Which do you prefer?
Is there a particular name for the type of art other than scratch art?
Thanks ans sorry about all the questions,
Paul

myorca
04-30-2003, 06:45 PM
Hi Paul,

I have used Ampersand's Claybord Black from the very start. I love how it works. Scratchmaster on WC uses Esdee scratchboards.

The ones that I use are a masonite backing with white clay layered on top the sprayed with black ink. It is a sturdy board that will not bend.
I believe that Esdee is a paper product.

The kits you probably were watching were for kids and I would not bother with them. They have a tendancy to rip while working with them.
Ampersand's boards also come in white and you can add your own colors then scratch. They are very reasonable in price.

Hope it helps!
Bob

k9artist
04-30-2003, 08:50 PM
This is beautiful Bob!! Weimeraner??

myorca
04-30-2003, 08:59 PM
K9, it sure is!! Thank you!!!!!!

Bob

inkskin
04-30-2003, 09:56 PM
I don't know what to say, Bob! It is just breathtaking!
I LOVE the drama of the lighting on this and weimeraners are such stunning looking dogs. You have really captured the short haired and sleek look. The ears, the muzzle...goodness,I am in love.
Is this a commission?How big is it?

Heather

myorca
04-30-2003, 10:02 PM
Hi Heather!!

This is an 8x10 board. It is not a commission, but one that I will be taking to my big show in June. I think it will be a hit! Hopefully will have a few more as stunning done by then! I appreciate the comments Heather!!

Bob :)

lorna12
05-01-2003, 04:05 AM
Wow, Bob, this is awesome!! I just love it...the pose...the lighting...everything!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

*me, bowing to the King*:D

Paul, those kits in gold, silver,etc. are really for children. I bought one by accident thinking I could put my own picture on it, but there is one already on there.

Paul Hopkinson
05-01-2003, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by lorna12

Paul, those kits in gold, silver,etc. are really for children. I bought one by accident thinking I could put my own picture on it, but there is one already on there. Thanks Lorna I will shop around on the net and see what's available.

Paul

myorca
05-01-2003, 07:59 AM
France
Couleurs du Quai Voltaire
3, Quai Voltaire
Paris, France 75007
33-14-668-2299

Paul, here is closest retailer I could find to you that sells Claybord Black. This may be a bit cheaper than having it shipped from the U.S. Let me know if it helps!! This was from Ampersand's website, the manufacturer of the boards. The company above may supply something close to you as well, and may be worth looking into.

Bob

myorca
05-01-2003, 11:00 AM
Hi Lorna!!

Thanks....quit bowing before I turn 10 shades of red!!!! hehehheheh I appreciate your comments!!

Bob

BTDogMom
05-02-2003, 02:12 PM
BOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is ridiculously good - I can't wait 2 c it complete - :clap: :clap: :clap:

echidna
05-02-2003, 03:13 PM
wow!!!!:D i think i may have a new favorite as far as your scratchart goes!!! can't wait to see this finished!
~echidna

Leslie Pz
05-02-2003, 04:41 PM
Wonderful!

I also can't wait to hear about the show!

ironhorse
05-02-2003, 05:45 PM
Sorry myorca. I did not see the "almost" in your post. I have a bad habit of not reading and just skiping to the pictures.:o :p BTW where is the up date???;) ;)
Twyla

rollow
05-02-2003, 06:55 PM
Bob,

Outstanding work, and great detail work i might add. I wish I had the talent to do scratch work. B&W work can be so dramatic in what it has to say, just look at Ansel Adams.

I will have to ommission you to do my chocalate Lab one of these days.

Ron

shedreamsbig
05-02-2003, 07:17 PM
This is gourgous!! Well done!! Simply wounderful!! WoW!!.......Ok I will stop now but Gosh it is Great!!!!

Christina

Paul Hopkinson
05-02-2003, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by myorca
France
Couleurs du Quai Voltaire
3, Quai Voltaire
Paris, France 75007
33-14-668-2299

Paul, here is closest retailer I could find to you that sells Claybord Black. This may be a bit cheaper than having it shipped from the U.S. Let me know if it helps!! This was from Ampersand's website, the manufacturer of the boards. The company above may supply something close to you as well, and may be worth looking into.

Bob Thanks Bob I will look into this and let you know how I get on.
Cheers
Paul

Crias
05-03-2003, 02:44 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: Great stuff and one of my favorite breeds :D Awesome work! I too can't wait for an update or a final pic :)