PDA

View Full Version : Left Over Birthday Money!

Nitsa
04-30-2003, 08:48 AM
I have just ordered some paints, FUB (can you believe I don't have this, I usually use ind blue!) Cad red deep, hookers green and Lemon yellow-nickel titanate...All picked on a whim of indulgence! LOL!

While indulging myself I also ordered some TINTED bockingford SHEETS of paper in 1/4 size. The pack comes as a mix of colours and I thought it would be fun to try them. :)

Now, I know nothing of Bockingford, only that I have often heard it mentioned on here and is used by some of you. The pack is 140lb weight paper and I was wondering if you could maybe tell me of your experience either with bockingford or tinted paper......

...Much appreciated!

Obviously, I will inform you of my results with it all when it arrives!....Just have to wait for it now! :rolleyes:

babybrush
04-30-2003, 08:52 AM
i'm excited for you. know nothing of Bockingford, but so glad you could indulge yourself.

Bethany

karenjh
04-30-2003, 10:13 AM
Nitsa,
Where did you purchase your treasures? I am waiting for my order (an indulgence) from Daniel Smith which is supposed to come Friday. I am curious about this Bockingford stuff too - looking forward to hearing some responses.

tessp
04-30-2003, 01:16 PM
I tried Bockingford (white) last year after reading that both Gilberte and Flattwo preferred it. Even though it's not a cotton rag paper, it's acid free and archival. I like it a lot and find it very workable. You can do a fair amount of both layering (with staining pigments) and lifting (with non-staining pigments).

I find it way more usable than other similarly-made papers like W&N Cotman and Canson Montval. (I have problems with the sizing on Cotman and can't layer at all on Montval.) If you compare it to Arches 140# CP, Bockingford is whiter and the colors (esp. blues) appear brighter, but it's not as good if you use multiple layers.

Cheap Joe's has it at a very good price, around US $2 a sheet.

Let us know how you like the tinted Bockingford.

Tess