PDA

View Full Version : flowers for daddy

rapolina
04-30-2003, 03:43 AM
this is my first time of a work in watercolor+permenent felt pen.
I layed a wet on wet wash, then draw with pen, afert more w/c strokes.
I called it so because it reminds to me my father's drawing style:) .

can you give me suggestions? (moreover, the vase is too small...:( )

thank you, rapolina.:cat:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Apr-2003/744-fioripapÓ.jpg

oh oh, I can't upload...:confused: :confused: :confused:

rapolina
04-30-2003, 03:52 AM
Itry again..:(

artmom
04-30-2003, 04:07 AM
Buon giorno! (I bet I got the spelling wrong LOL)

Rapolina, this is so fresh and lively! Who cares if the vase is too small, if in fact it is.:D

IMO, you could use a little bit more color on the table or tablecloth. Right now, that part seems sort of blah! A light wash of one of the flower colors would probably work well. But even if you do nothing more, I love "Daddy's Flowers."

Ciao!

Lyn

rebus
04-30-2003, 04:08 AM
Really like the fresh, vibrant feel of the flowers but maybe you need to consider the shadows and reflections on the vase. And what about the table? The foreground/background just looks flat. Otherwise, well done, especially if it's a first attempt. *pat on the back*

K8Black
04-30-2003, 07:07 AM
Simply lovely.

Kate

mpopinz
04-30-2003, 07:57 AM
Vibrant & Fresh! I really like this a lot!

Annetta
04-30-2003, 08:48 AM
Loose but yet defined. Lovely, 'fresh' painting :clap: :clap:

karenjh
04-30-2003, 10:16 AM
I like this - fresh, fun, light and like the ink work too. You've got a couple of great suggestions here to make this outstanding.

al22
04-30-2003, 11:02 AM
Fresh bouquet.............nice, loose ink work......suggest some hint of cast shadow so pot won't float.......
Pleasing......
.......al

vestalqueen
04-30-2003, 12:06 PM
Delightful painting - I like the ink! Agree with Al on the shadow - but the vase isn't too short if you have your flowers in a "frog" (a weighted object that holds the ends of the flower stems so they stay standing upright).

Thanks!

Erin

mccab42
04-30-2003, 12:42 PM
Rapolina:

Tutto Bene! Nice choice of colors, it's definitely IMHO a fresh painting with felt pen to add structure. I'm with Al, a shadow on the right side of the vase would be a great added touch creating dimension.

Keep on painting and posting! Ciao!

Skip

surreal
04-30-2003, 01:30 PM
Very fresh and cheerful looking!

MKathleen
04-30-2003, 02:15 PM
Hi rapolina--I too like the freshness and misty look of the background areas behind the flowers creating nice softness. What a wonderful greeting card your painting would make.
Best,
Kathy:)

Darren
04-30-2003, 02:43 PM
Rapolina, this is beautiful. I agree with the previous comments about the vase and the table. I just did something like this with my daughter over the weekend (it was really just big blobs of color that she made into flowers with a black crayon). I'm going to show her you work to see what's possible with this approach--she'll be amazed.

thanks

darren

Bill J
04-30-2003, 03:19 PM
Unique --- One that I think all of us will try. Thanks for posting

bill

I am "drawn" to Art!:p

pampe
04-30-2003, 03:22 PM
nice work, Rap.....agree with al about a shadow

Ink is fun, isn't it? such a neat look!

CharM
05-01-2003, 07:17 PM
Wow, Rapolina!!!! This is absolutely beautiful!!!

rapolina
05-06-2003, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by artmom
Buon giorno! (I bet I got the spelling wrong LOL)

IMO, you could use a little bit more color on the table or tablecloth. A light wash of one of the flower colors would probably work well.
Lyn

Thank you to all!
I'm proud of this one, because it seems to me a painting of my daddy, i loved him a lot!

thank you even for the suggestions; actually, :o :o :o i didn't painted shadows as... I'm not able! but with yours succestions I'll paint them.
Moreover, I will add a light glase of pink on the tableclth, as Lyn suggests, I can imagine the improvement it will give!

thank you again:) :) :) :)

Lyn, buongiorno is correctly written, it's just a unique word, :clap:

ciao, rapolina.:cat:

Astur
05-06-2003, 10:07 AM
beutifoul...!!

some shadows between the branches, and on the table (to fix the pot in) and will be superb...

I like that style, I try that with permanent ink and watercolors on my own., and normally help me to achieve more contrast....

Thanks for share