PDA

View Full Version : Making Really Soft Pastels - Help Please

DebbieR
04-30-2003, 04:13 AM
I am trying to make some really soft pastels and would be very grateful for any help anyone can give me. I would like to make them really soft like Schminkes (not sure if that is even possible with handmade). The ones I have made at the moment are much harder than I like.

I would be very grateful for any assistance and tips on how to make them really soft, and to know is it possible to make handmades as soft as the Schminke types?

Any tips would be very welcome

Thank you

Debbie

Dark_Shades
04-30-2003, 08:22 AM
This article by llis is of making pastels....... not sure how soft they are

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Articles2/11/293/

DebbieR
04-30-2003, 06:45 PM
Thank you Dark Shades for your response. I have previously read the article you mention, which is certainly excellent, but I am still not producing them as soft as like.

I have heard of products like Kaolin which supposedly make them soft. Firstly I was wondering if it is possible to making them as soft as a Schminke, and if there are any tips. Eg. weaker binder solution, add Kaolin in certain quantities.

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply.

Mo.
04-30-2003, 07:37 PM
Hi Debbie, welcome to the pastel forum...sorry cannot help you with your question, but maybe if you P.M llis, she may be able to help you further?

cheers,
Mo.

DebbieR
04-30-2003, 07:57 PM
Hi Mo

Is an email address available for the person who wrote the article? Clearly this person is very experienced in this regard and is likely to have the answers I need.

Thanks for your response

Debbie

Mo.
04-30-2003, 08:05 PM
Debbie...

Just click on llis name...you can then send her a P.M (private message) via W.C.

Most folks don't reveal their private email addys for security reasons, so this gives you the opportunity to make contact.

You could also add llis to your buddy list, which saves you having to find her posts in future should you want to send her a message.

Cheers,
Mo.