PDA

View Full Version : *~~Daily Wash~~*Wendesday, April30

tigre255
04-30-2003, 02:38 AM
Good morning Washer's.....lol It is now 2:40am and I can't sleep:rolleyes:....so I figured I'd start the wash........:D

Not good, the not sleeping bit, as I have to meet up with my daughter to help groom four dogs in the morning around 8am.....:rolleyes: I'll be alot of help falling asleep in the middle of bathing a dog.......:(

Oh well, she'll just have to put up with it.......:o

Well I think I'll surf around and see what's happening on the boards.

Hope who ever is in the night time zones are sleeping well:evil:

madmum
04-30-2003, 02:49 AM
Morning all!

First
WELCOME BACK PAM!!!!!!
Great to have you back :clap:

Barb, you need to get off the computer ( :eek: heresy!), make a glass of warm milk and read a book until you feel tired enough to sleep. Whatever you do, DON'T start painting, you know how addictive it is ;)

Making my way through all the photo's I took on my break, here's a fun one :evil:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Apr-2003/10535-What_Doug_saw_lol.jpg

Somebody might recognise it ;)

Other photos from that day didn't turn out well at all - daughter obviously not great with camera :(

Have a great day

Ruth

andylavallee
04-30-2003, 03:11 AM
Good morning Barb or good night , Hi Ruth and other WC ers , Great start to the day here , mine started when she who must be obeyed ,got up at 6.30 to watch a good murder before she goes off to work!!.
Wendy had to Video last night as we went to a local Theatre saw 60/70's bands Marmalade* Tremeloes* Barron Knights* and the Fortunes over 3 hrs excellent show ,but had a ringing in my ears whilst trying to sleep...
. My Son Mark is arriving home today , he is at Student at J.M University, Liverpool studying Zooology, he is in his final year just about to take his exams,
I will be taking him back to Liverpool on Sunday and hopefully getting a chance to look around and get pictures on Monday as its a Bank Holiday In the Uk. must off to work now , have a good day

jaytee
04-30-2003, 03:12 AM
Morning those here and those to follow.

Maddie LOL at pic.............. . couldnt be why Dougs back not getting better could it ? :D

I wasn't up quite as early as 2.40am but did get up at 5.30 am........ went to bed at 11.30 and fell asleep immediately. unheard of for me............ but now yawning again :D:(

On the rare occasions I have trouble sleeping I take the herb Valerian intablet form .......... the DOc approved. and this seems to do the trick. not sure whether its suitable for everyone........ Pamps would know ( welcome back too. we dont half notice it when youre gone :evil:

Just realised I have a visitor all next week............ thought I had plenty of time to sort out things.......... no longer !!!! May have to put painting on hold for a bit. D**n !!!! Just when Ive got started again too...........

Will return later. if not asleep.........must stay awake till 9.15.... having a couple of of stone heads delivered for garden ;)

Happy thoughts for everyone today..............

rks
04-30-2003, 03:15 AM
Morning all, I've not been around much the last few days - busy doing necessary paperwork, such as reviewing our tax returns which have to be filed by the Canadian April 30 deadline. Started browsing through yesterday's Daily Wash to catch up on things, and my subconscious (sp?) kept telling me something was missing. Then at the tail end of yesterday's Wash, there was Pam's note that she was home from Portland. Welcome back, Pam! I want to hear all about your adventures in Portland.

I'm off to a life drawing class in the morning which I usually enjoy. We do a series of limited time sketches and then finish with about a one hour sketch. These classes gave me the courage to try portrait painting. Hubby's portrait is still not finished:crying: but I plan to spend some time on it after class tomorrow.

Have a great day with time to paint,

Roberta

Olga
04-30-2003, 04:01 AM
Hi everyone,

Just fetched my mom from the airport and have a bit of time to catch up with WC while she catches up with her sleep.
It's a holiday here today and it feels like weekend so it's strange to read about Andy going off to work and Jaytee waiting for deliveries.

I finished a painting of a vase with lilies yesterday--it did not really work out, though, and for the next week or so my chances to paint will be few and far between. :(

Seems like the Daily Wash has become a refuge of those who can't sleep... I do sympathize. It does not happen to me often--but I hate it when it does. And all the life's problems look ten times more serious and hopeless at 3AM than at 9AM.

Ruth--lol.
Pam--welcome back
Roberta--your live drawing class sounds good. In mine we do not get longer poses except when paintng (in oils). Sometimes I really wish I had an hour instead of 5 or 10 minutes to finish a drawing--but I must say doing lots of those short poses did improve my drawing skills.

Have a good day (and/or peaceful night)

Olga

Kari
04-30-2003, 04:37 AM
Good morning! I haven't been around for a while. Been busy paiinting this week, last week I hurt my back was taking it easy. I've also been researching Wichita Falls, Texas as that looks like where we will be stationed next. We will know for sure later in May. It will be close to my family so that is good, but we really wanted Florida. Nothing definite yet though. It's getting nice weather here now, too, so time to get going in the yard.
Friday I went with my son's 7th grade class to the beach all day. They had been researching kites and made their own and we went to fly kites. It was a lot of fun, even without enough wind to fly very many. The kids all got in the water- fully clothed! Played in the sand, ate icecream, just plain had fun.
Well, I have a bunch of paintings I want to do, but I have to wait probably until next week. I have my quilt meeting this weekend and we are getting together to make baby quilts to donate to a charity. I still have to get my fabric together, pick out a pattern and get started. Yikes!
Have a great day!

Sharon Douglas
04-30-2003, 04:45 AM
Morning everyone,
It`s a beautiful day here in Wigan.
I`m meeting a friend today, but if I`m totally honest, I don`t want to go I`d rather be here painting.......lol......
When my youngest daughter started nursery last week I thought "great I`ll have 2 1/2 hours every day to paint",but I`ve been so busy that I haven`t painted once while she`s been at school. Too busy catching up on other things:rolleyes: or getting too many visitors:rolleyes::evil:
I hope everyone gets to paint more than I do today,hopefuuly I can lock myself away tonight and do some:evil: kids can starve:evil: ....lol.
have a great day everyone.
Sharon.

mchew
04-30-2003, 05:03 AM
Hi everyone,

I only woke up 11 am this morning as I slept at 3 am!! it usually took quite a while for me to fall asleep but once that's done, I could sleep quite well thru out the night...

Anyway, nice to chat with some of you while I was in the chatroom.

Barb, hope you're asleep now as I type this...

Ruth... thanks for the laugh.

Andy... mention Liverpool and my eyes grew twice their size...lol ;)

Jaytee... happy gardening or painting

Roberta... enjoy your drawing class

Olga... thanks for the pic again...

Kari... kite!!! I almost forgot the existence of this wonderful little toy.... your post brings back many similar childhood memories...

Sharon... yeah... lock them out and paint away :evil: :evil:

A few of you commented that my sketch yesterday didn't feel Mexican... So, I did another one based on Olga's picture.... hope this one is better but when I paint the real thing... I'll put in more colours for sure... I simplify the two pillars but also think of removing them all together....

This is only part of the mural... but most complicated part.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Apr-2003/14541-window_-_draft2.jpg

artmom
04-30-2003, 05:32 AM
Good morning, all!!

Andy, you said "mine started when she who must be obeyed ,got up at 6.30 to watch a good murder before she goes off to work!!. " I hope you meant a film and NOT a real murder!! You should have seen the picture that popped into my head when I read what you had written! ROFLOL

Kari, we were stationed in Wichita Falls! As it was 43 years ago, LOL, I don't think anything I could tell you would be of much value. However, it IS hot in the summer, and they do have tremendous thunderstorms, and almost everyone has a tornado shelter! But we were young, our oldest son was only 5 months old when we got orders, and we had fun!

To all who can't sleep (when they are supposed to) I haven't checked--is the moon full!! I went to bed at midnight, and was up at 3:00 am. and am still up (duh! that's obvious).

Marvin, just a thought, you could keep the pillars, simplify them, and at the bottom section paint colorful Mexican tiles in bright blues and yellows. They are really prevalent in Mexico and I love them! Is this a window view, or are we looking through an arch at eye-level???

To everyone else--I hope your day goes well!!

Lyn

jaytee
04-30-2003, 06:06 AM
Kari. hope you got some good pics on the beach. sounds like wonderful subject matter :D

Marvin....... I like simplification and planting in sketch2............ but cant speak for mexican-ness:D

I'm back to own up to the fact that Wc has taken my little remaining willpower from me :crying:

So, waiting for delivery of heads, ( now arrived) started another portariat, posted a WIP( dangerous.. they always seem to go wrong :D)
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/418/progress/4661/tn_jiojWIP1.jpg

Taken a photo.......... title........ If she MUST paint on our kitchen table, cant she leave a bit more room for us ?

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Apr-2003/4661-ArtCats75.jpg

NOw. back to pinting.... or pay a few bills :D... or decide where to put heads :D:D

K8Black
04-30-2003, 06:48 AM
Morning all:

Just wanted to say hello. And welcome back to Pam. Hope you had a great trip.

Why do cats and/or dogs always have to be right in the middle of whatever is important?!? :) They just need the attention I guess, bless their precious little heads.

Hope everyone has a great and creative day. Looks to be beautiful here and I am having 3 yards of topsoil delivered this morning. Guess I have my work cut out for me the next couple of days!

Happy Painting!

Kate

Little Old Lady
04-30-2003, 08:10 AM
Good Day All! Back to the 40' here this morning. After a few warm days my neighbors of daffodils have started to pop. Will get some pictures in a couple of days. don't know if a picture can capture the thousands of blooms.
Sorry for those of you that have sleep problems,
Board meeting this morning and finishing my newsletter and getting it in the mail. Hope to paint later.
Have a good one!
JoAnn

Strawberry Wine
04-30-2003, 08:10 AM
Good Day Washies

Bright and sunny again today. I will have to water in the seeds I planted the other day since the promised rain never happened.

Marvin: Sketch is looking better however I am still not getting the feel of Mexican desert, The blue tiles sound like a good addition and I am thinking some big terracotta pots for the greenery to sit in.

WElcome back Pam.

Sharon: Leave sandwiches on the table and lock yourself in until you at least get your brushes wet. LOL :)

To all those having trouble sleeping. Someone yesterday mentioned Elavil. It works very well, is non addictive, and will often get you back on the sleep cycle track. Must have doc wirte out Rx. for it though.

Ruth: I am intrigued What did the Butler see?????

This wash is getting so long by the time I am up that I just can't respond to everyone. So to those I missed, I enjoyed reading all your posts and to those who arrive later sorry I missed you.

Everyone have a great day and I will pop back in later today..

Gail

Yorky
04-30-2003, 08:18 AM
Morning sleepyheads!

I'll have you know I haven't had a good night's sleep for going on 20 years. I end up listening to BBC World Service through the night, dozing on and off. I reckon I get around 4-5 hours max a night. Perhaps why the wife says I am a dozy so and so :D

Tried bowling (crown green) yesterday afternoon - thought it might do my back some good. Disaster! I was much worse and had a terrible night. Just been touring the local chiropractors and made an appointment for tomorow afternoon.

Pam's back! I suppose we'd better stop talking about her now :evil:

Anyway, hope you had a good trip Pam, and that your heart tracker gave the correct signals.

LOL Maddie, I thought that picture would appear before the week was out :D My photos of Wigan Pier came out OK, so I'll post them in my RIL.

What a tidy painting area you have Jaytee! :D

I like the new mural sketch, Marvin, I'm sure it will turn out fine.

Careful humping that soil, Kate you could get a bad back and I wouldn't wish that on you.

A true story:
Some 30 years ago, we decided to build a concrete block wall in the garden, and bought a decorative mould to cast our own blocks. Then I ordered a ton of sand and 5 bags of cement.

Trouble is I got up in the night to get my eldest son an aspirin for earache and then instead of walking back into the bedroom I walked straight off the top of the stairs! I ended up in hospital with concussion, bruises and 2 broken wrists.

Next day the sand and cement arrived and was dumped on our drive. So Ruth my wife proceeded to barrow it through into the garden, and when I came out of hospital, all bandaged and splinted up, she proceeded to make 180 screen walling blocks (under my expert supervision of course!). As I was still incapable she then built a 20ft by 6ft high screen wall and another 7 by 6ft. And they are still standing today.

So now she gets her fair share of the heavy work (I have a fragile back :evil: ).

So I learnt that you wimmin' aren't as delicate as you appear :D

Doug

Uschi
04-30-2003, 08:53 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!!

Too many here already to address them all but wanted to say that I love this new sketch Marvin although I have never been to Mexico and Doug, love your story!!!! That's the kind of women I was and am still trying to be but age is getting in the way.

Said my welcomes to Pam yesterday, for sure there will be one of her paintings up today HA!

Going to life drawing tonight and will take my watercolours, will see what happens; surely it is easier to paint in shadows then to draw them HA!
Have a great day one and all!!!!
Uschi

ScarletLake
04-30-2003, 09:14 AM
Hello everyone

It must have been the night last for not sleeping. I was up at 4 am myself. I couldn't get back to sleep so took Tilly for a walk in the back yard at 4:30 am.

I did get to visit the art store yesterday & used my gift certificate to buy 2 books. They were having a 20% off book sale.

1. Brush with Watercolour by Terry Harrison
i liked this one because he shows you what you can do with the brushes. Rem I'm new to this. He is from Hampshire & went to Farnham Art School. Thought some of you may have heard of him.

2. Texture Techniques for Winning Watercolors by Ray Hendershot.
Wonderful book on textures. Wonderful artwork. He is from Pennsburg Pennsylvania.

Taking youngest son to a Dr. appointment later this morning.
Then a day working in bedroom trying to get new workspace organized.

hey I just talked to Kate Black on the phone for the first time. We have so much in common. We are planning on meeting Friday at the Hotel Galley that I posted pic of earlier. Can't wait to meet her.

Kate don't throw out your back moving all that soil around.

Don't have time to respond to all posts - just everyone have a good day.

Anita

PS: Marvin - still dosn't feel like Mexico to me but I've never gone to Mexico either. I guess I'm thinking about those bright colored mexican tiles & a fountain out in the courtyard. Hacienda style.

pampe
04-30-2003, 10:20 AM
Good morning, washeroonies!

Missed you all!

Thanks for the many greetings, references, ans digs...makes me feel loved!

MARVIN.....sorry, kid...that does not have a Latino feel....too European....more primary and earth color needed...less froo froo on the archetecture

JT...I have animals with the same attitude..imagine

Ruth...what DID the butler see?

Have a wonderul day...I am aching to paint!!!

Driving home...sunset along the Columbia River:

pampe
04-30-2003, 10:23 AM
oh..and the best part....Becca as Culinary Graduate (never serious)...don't know where she gets it:rolleyes: )

after graduation there was a HUGE buffet of the most amazing treats!

the thing in her mouth is a stick....BTW..the medal around her neck is for graduating with a 4.0 average....*proud Mom look*

karenjh
04-30-2003, 10:25 AM
Hello everyone!

It's a rainy day here in Chicagoland but I'm working so I guess it really doesn't matter (oh yeah you can see how hard I am working at the moment).

Had a fun art class last night. Lots of laughs. The art teacher's husband (also an artist) worked on the shadows of the roses and butterfly painting I posted a few days ago. We "fixed" them and they look much better now. I also worked on the background a bit more and I am much happier.

Pam, That picture is beautiful and is asking to be painted. What a cool sky!

al22
04-30-2003, 10:55 AM
Morning all.........

Hope all are doing well...........

Marv....suggest you get some red tile roof material in there to go with those greens......also stick some plants in some pots.....

Pam, congrats, mom should be proud......

Waiting for a call from Em to confirm coffee today........Hope meeting works out...... Jprice may also be able to make it.......

Been bizzzzier than heck and had no time to paint.....going thru withdrawals.......maybe end of week... have one that will be a challenge on my desk.......

Have a good one..............

............al

lyn lynch
04-30-2003, 11:10 AM
Morning all.

Welcome back, Pamps, missed your smiling face. More purple to the pic...congrats on gene pool contribution to dau's achievement. Nice lookin' family, BTW.

JT, put the kitties in the Cafe, too, kitty lovers over there. Love to see them. They go where they please and please where they go...thinking of my Beautiful Girl.

Marvin, looking better on latino scene but think you need to google on Mexico scenery. Get the sketch right before beginning job. BTW, save all reference sketches for presentation to client. Let client decide which one wanted and sign off on the sketch.

Hanging around the house today, waiting for phone calls on volunteer job--no cell phone--problem only for volunteer job.

Painting again today; laundry still waiting put away; to PO as soon as it opens, and then nothing until doggie park this afternoon. Dogs take so much time.

Good day charging batteries.

Christie
04-30-2003, 11:13 AM
Good morning everyone! Got up at 6 am and did mummy things for the first three hours. Kids are now either playing outside or off to school.

I am now going to paint for an hour (with all the dogs sleeping on my feet) and enjoy the peace and quiet.

This is my day to do nothing but what I want, so I expect that much painting will happen!!!! :D

Marvin, I like your new design, but I have never been to Mexico (or anywhere else warm...) so I am no help to you. :D The pillars that you were talking about taking out really drew me into to piece.

Pam! 4.0 ! You should be proud! She is beautiful and talented. Where will she be working now that she has graduated?

Our snow is melting and I am seeing what has survived in my garden. Things are looking good so far, but there is still about a foot of snow in of the more sheltered places, so the inventory is not complete yet. :)

Okay, things are too quiet, I have to check on the girls... :D

madmum
04-30-2003, 11:26 AM
Pam, you'd better ask Doug what he saw, my eyes are too sensitive to look in those machines ;)

Congrats to your beautiful daughter, Pam, you have every right to be proud of her :)

Marvin, when I think of Mexico I think of the amazing pyramids and hot colours! Think chilli peppers, terracotta and bright sun. I agree with Pam that what you have so far is more Italianate.

Later :)

Ruth

jaytee
04-30-2003, 11:35 AM
Pamps........as well as congrats to offspring. just had to say thats an amazing sunset shot..... and the fact that the suspension bridge exactly shadows the mountain makes it just about perfect :D

Dogs been to vet for booster jabs............. cost equivalent of 1+ per week... an di thought it was only food :D

Fooks. cats have featured many times in cafe so theyre probably sick of them............ but will get a little gallery and post either there or here ;) OOh, and like the way youve rolled back the years in the portrait project .... if I were clever Id try and do something clever with them both ;)

DOug......... cos its the kitchen table and I only started working on it a few days ago :D Longing to see how you explain away what the Butler Saw:D Oh, and would you like to send Ruth down here for a working holiday...... I need a concrete path sorting :evil:

Finally got to go in garden ........ positioned I head and it POURED with rain :(

mchew
04-30-2003, 11:45 AM
Thank you all... yes... more primary colours... earth colours and the like...

pampe
04-30-2003, 01:41 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Apr-2003/4054-MArvin.jpg

Bill J
04-30-2003, 03:31 PM
I pulled my boat out of the water today so no more water photos. I head north next week. I plan to take 3 days going from south west Florida to upstate New York and will take lots of digital pics on the way and will post any interesting ones that I plan to paint.

jageo
04-30-2003, 03:58 PM
afternoon folks. No time for nuthin'.... just a hello! :D

JA

coffee_girl3000
04-30-2003, 04:32 PM
Phew......too many posts! So will try to reply to a few :).

Welcome back Pam! Missed you, been having to remind myself about darks and purple.

Marvin - more orange, more earthy methinks. Maybe a bit less greenery. Lots of warm colours.

Doug, smiled and winced at your story!

Was hot and sunny here again, except was cooped up in school. Can't wait 'til after exams, we get an 11 week holiday! So I'm off camping with friends, most definately will be painting as well. I have decided to sacrifice a night out and buy some Arches paper, I'm sick of the Langton and want to try the decent stuff now.

Family things are degenerating further and further, but I'm just sitting back and letting it drift by. At least dad isn't living at home, helps somewhat. At school things are going well, what is it that they say about one area of your life going fine and another not?

Have a nice day all!

Little Old Lady
04-30-2003, 05:10 PM
Just popped back in to say welcome back to Pam. Your daughter is beautiful and smart. Great photo, What is the new portrait in your signature line? Always being nosey!
JoAnn

Uschi
04-30-2003, 05:21 PM
HA! JoAnne, you and me both!!!! and while we are at it, is that your husband Pam??? LOL
Furthermore, wasn't there a photo of daughter and mother?????

Beautiful daughter Pam and smart too!!! Congratulations to her for the success at college!!!! I thought she had a spagetti between her teeth.

Also like your new quote

The deepest definition of youth is life as yet untouched by tragedy. ~~Alfred North Whitehead (1861 - 1947)

so true!!!

Well, spent hours digging up more dead sod then it started raining, too much to be outside, not enough for the garden but supposed to get more. I hope so!!!!
Uschi

pampe
04-30-2003, 05:24 PM
thanks, JoAnn.....takes after her dad :rolleyes:

Painting is by Whistler, I believe....I'll check and let you know for sure

yes, Usch.....my hubby of 29 years

college was a while ago...this was Cordon Bleu Culinary School.....now SHE cooks all the holiday meals;)

sweetbabydill
04-30-2003, 06:11 PM
Hi All!
Just dropped in to say a quick hello. Hoping all have had a nice day. Take CAre.
Carolyn

tigre255
04-30-2003, 07:41 PM
Hi all, just thought i would check in and let you all know it's 7:45pm and I'm still up.....helped groom four dogs and then went and taught my class tonight........

Been a long day......maybe I'll sleep tonight.......... :rolleyes:

Hope everyones had a nice day today..........