PDA

View Full Version : Grapes in Crystal Bowl....Redone

Starsprite
04-29-2003, 09:04 PM
Howdee again!

Well, I thank everyone who commented on my first painting which I will attach after I show this one. I like this one much better..thanks for the help. :)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Apr-2003/6385-grapesredone.jpg

and here's the before picture:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Apr-2003/6385-grapesandplant.jpg

CharM
04-29-2003, 09:17 PM
I spent my life thinking that doing something twice was admitting to failure... I have quickly learned that's not the case at all... I now believe it's a way to apply the lessons learned along the way... You applied your lessons very well... I'm glad you left the leaves out of the second composition... and added the few on the table...

tigre255
04-29-2003, 09:38 PM
Much improved Patty.......you'll doing great :clap: :clap: :clap:

Rich Williams
04-29-2003, 09:44 PM
Patty you have out done yourself. Looking good.

Rich :evil:

Starsprite
04-29-2003, 10:26 PM
Thanks CharM! Yes, I learned that lesson too. I think almost everything can be improved upon and that's how you get better by listening and looking and not being afraid to try new things.

Barb, thanks for the vote of confidence!

Rich, thanks (I think)....LOL...hard to tell with you...you little :evil:

mhimeswc
04-29-2003, 10:34 PM
I like the composition on your second try better. The colors are beautiful, especially on the grapes. I think the grapes look a little "droopy", but maybe that's the way they looked in your reference. Good job on the crystal bowl.

I'm glad that you enjoyed your second attempt, and that you feel that you have learned a lot from it. I don't usually do well at all when I repeat a painting. So I just try to remember what I learned and apply it to my next subject.

Michelle

jti
04-29-2003, 11:56 PM
hey, those top grapes really work!! The bottom few need something but I've not looked long enought suggest (sorry). Just wanted to say that this one is a big improvement though!!! jti

bluemagoo
04-30-2003, 12:03 AM
nice.!
youve captured that sense of light perfectly. want to eat the grapes
i can tell you enjoyed painting this.