PDA

View Full Version : Lunch Sketch

drwells
04-29-2003, 05:57 PM
Hi guys! I was playing at lunch today and drew....guess what!!? LOL A tree!! he he he..

.5 Rapidograph and white ink on brown lunch bag 40 minutes... :D

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Apr-2003/8954-gnome2.jpg

MonicaB
04-29-2003, 07:36 PM
How cool is this, Danny!?! :clap: :clap: :clap: Now, just imagine this on some tinted paper, maybe a nice sepia tone? (ha ha) Ever try the two inks together -- black and white, I mean? Hey, they do it with conte crayons or charcoal, why not ink?

I want to go visit this tree, and peer out the windows. . . .

DragonladyfromOz
04-29-2003, 09:00 PM
Winnie the Pooh would love this!!! A two-storey abode for the bear. Is any surface safe from you if you have a pen in your hand? :D
I'm with MonicaB, I want to climb in and sticky-beak out the windows too... also, would like to see how you go with other inks on this.... hmmm, could be fun!
Cheers
Manda

PS - So much for the image of the starving artist huh?:rolleyes:

JustjoGA
04-29-2003, 09:15 PM
Great tree! I think it would look really good on either tan/beige or dark green matboard done with the white ink, and black shading....

seejay
04-29-2003, 10:55 PM
Good to see you recycling, Danny.;)

Lunch sure can be a wonderful time for sketching.;)

Cheers

cnfwriter
04-29-2003, 11:22 PM
Cool -- looks like the Keebler house!!

I'm picturing you loading your pen with white ink and carrying it with you in expectation of knocking out a few sketches. I need to take your example!!

BTDogMom
04-30-2003, 10:35 AM
Daayummm Danny,

This is lovely, u must have a hell of an inspiration 2 knock this out over lunch...what could it be? ;) The Keebler Elves? I know I'm lookin' out of 1 of those windows right now :D. That white ink is SOOOO cool:clap: :clap: :clap:

artdude
04-30-2003, 11:14 AM
GREAT SKETCH DANNY!!! Like the idea of putting windows in the tree. Now there's a good idea for your next tree drawing!! GREAT imagination you have :D:)

:clap: :clap: :clap:

drwells
04-30-2003, 11:33 AM
Monica, Manda, Jo, Chris, Mikey, Jamie, Murray!!!OMG YOU GUYS!! I thought you would totally hate it...LOL I doddle every time I go to that sandwich show...I guess they actually have a couple of them pinned up in their back room...LOL

Monica, I've added some black. :D

Manda--LOL Pooh would be scared of it I think..atleast I know Piglet would be..he he he

Jo, hmm colored paper...I like that idea

Chris, he he he I guess I'm good at recycling some times. :)

Mikey-call you that cuz my kid brother is a Mike and I've always called him Mikey. :D I always drag my bag with my pens and sketch pads with me everywhere...I get picked on by my coworkers about it all the time...They call it my purse...LOL

Jamie, I wanted a new mental hideout so my friends can come over and play with me and we don't have to be bothered by the grown ups.. :p

Murray, thanks, I like the idea of the windows..just wish I could get the whole idea out of my head and onto paper, you know what I mean?

Hugs Thanks guys

d

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Apr-2003/8954-lunch.jpg

Thank you!! I think I'll work on a bigger version..

Christie
04-30-2003, 11:48 AM
Customed designed lunch bags by Danny? :D

This is great The darker ink really makes it stand out.

I have to try white ink. It looks cool.

els
04-30-2003, 12:21 PM
Hey Danny, this is really cool... The B&W (?) version is even greater...

drwells
04-30-2003, 07:03 PM
christie and els! Thanks!

kustom lunch bags...hmmm LOL The white ink is great it is really quite opaque and fun to use. I totally recommend it. The stuff I have is from Koh-i-Noor and is called Tans-mix media brilliant white.

I also think that the little bit of black helps it out...I'll do the next one in brown. :D

Danny

MonicaB
04-30-2003, 07:57 PM
Cool! I was sorta halfway, almost joking, but I love the way the black and white look together on the brown. That is completely awesome. Good job.

BTDogMom
05-01-2003, 09:19 AM
I want 2 come & play without any grownups!! Do u have crayons in there? Me & Monica r coming over & we're going 2 color on the walls :D :D

Seriously, Danny, the black really does mke it POP - 4 a quick sketch it's brilliant!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

MonicaB
05-01-2003, 09:30 AM
Oh boy! Can we bring our puppies too? :D

mel-ink
05-01-2003, 08:02 PM
Wow, Danny!! You've been busy! What a novel idea, custom lunchbags!! The combination of black and white on that brown is so awesome!!!

I guess they actually have a couple of them pinned up in their back room

I believe it!! Would they be trees, by chance...? :evil:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

drwells
05-03-2003, 01:08 AM
I was sorta halfway, almost joking

Great Monica!! Now you tell me....LOL...nah you were right it needed it. :)

Aw shucks Jamie...since you guys inspire me so much of course you can come over and color the wallz....hmmm doggies...I have a feeling if I said no you guys wouldn't show up. :D

Monica:
I believe it!! Would they be trees, by chance...?

(blushing) yeah...

taffetta
05-05-2003, 09:33 AM
ahaaaaaa!!
havent seen this one before, like the teddy bear house idea.
it's really nice to see this, a departure from the norm ;-)
really like the paper you've used too
< sneaking away again now....>

drwells
05-05-2003, 01:54 PM
Taffy!! I'm so happy you stopped by to say hi! :) Glad you like it. Guess it isn't very archival but what the hell.. :)

Please come over and play more. Promise?

:D

danny

jjsangel
05-05-2003, 05:02 PM
Hey Danny, this is a cool idea. I love the B&W version. I agree the black really makes the white stand out more. I like artdudes idea of the windows. Your next tree should be like a Swiss Family Robinson type house. A couple of hollowed out trees with windows and porches and a water wheel and pullies for an elevator to go up and down and a walkway connecting the two trees, etc. That would be sooooooooo cool....:D

drwells
05-05-2003, 05:33 PM
Yeah! Sharon!!!! I like.....hmmm gotta start doodling, obsessing, or as Chris says...doing "studies" :D

I like

d

jjsangel
05-06-2003, 08:19 AM
WONDERFUL!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see it. YEA!! Hurry, Hurry..:D

Nicolart
05-06-2003, 08:47 AM
I love that tree Danny... I would definitely love to visit, must be so cozy in there:D

Great stuff;)

rapolina
05-07-2003, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by DragonladyfromOz
Winnie the Pooh would love this!!! Manda

that's true!!
lovery sketch.

ciao, rapolina.

MonicaB
05-09-2003, 04:48 PM
Inspired by your tree, but it's not in ink:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=106449

Jakeally
05-10-2003, 06:14 AM
Wonderful Danny....so loose and free. I like the white ink.....something else to put on my to do list:rolleyes: :D