PDA

View Full Version : love thoes transparent colors

karenboss
04-29-2003, 01:51 PM
but... they are such a laundry problem.... does anybody have any ideas for getting perm rose, thalo blue & green, aliz chrimsin &ctera out of laundry??? Please don't say ware an apron, caus I do except I can never resist the urge to touch up a painting on my way out the door...

tell me I'm alone in my collection of spotted white blouses.

ScarletLake
04-29-2003, 02:19 PM
Karen

Excellant ?. Wonder what answers you'll get.

I haven't been painting enought to even get paint on my clothes but was also wondering abut this issue.

I know that nursing uniform supply stores usually carry laundry aides to get out lots of stains. Wonder if one of these might work. I have gotten out iodine, blood etc from my uniforms.

Anita

mpopinz
04-29-2003, 02:32 PM
Karen,

You are not the only one with white blouses spotted with paint. I've found nothing to get those staining pigments out.

I wonder tho, if any of that oxy scrub stuff will work. Fabric stores have special sections with special stain removing potions. You could try that. (or just e-mail the manufacturer, maybe they'll have suggestions!)

saint eyebeat
04-29-2003, 02:39 PM
wet the area and apply woolite directly. roll up the damp garment and let it sit with the woolite on the spot for 4 hours or so. launder as usual. this generally works for me.

madmum
04-29-2003, 04:48 PM
Wear clothes that match your favourite paints!!!!! :D ;) :evil: :p

Sorry, couldn't resist! I never wear white, and being in England all products have different names :rolleyes:

Ruth

CharM
04-29-2003, 08:35 PM
We have well water... It's very, very, very hard... Powdered detergents will not even dissolve in it! So, I've had to accept that certain things will never happen... I'll never have white whites... I'll never get stains out... Our socks will always look like I never clean my floors...

One day, I accepted a package from UPS... The lady driver said she couldn't help but notice my wonderful shirt... It was my paint shirt... that never comes clean... the stains never come out... Now, I didn't have the courage to ask her whether or not she was serious...

lyn lynch
04-29-2003, 09:53 PM
This doesn't happen since I quit acrylics. I use Wisk tablets, which takes out pretty much everything. Try RIT color-out.

karenboss
04-29-2003, 10:22 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by madmum
[B]Wear clothes that match your favourite paints!!!!! :D ;) :evil: :p

LOL! everything I have is starting to look that way!!

We're on well water too, maybe that's some of the problem, have tried oxi-cleans & spray n wash and bleach... it makes me so mad. I just got some blue thalo on my new white blouse :mad: I'm tempted to cover it with white acrylic!!

al22
04-29-2003, 10:25 PM
No blouses......but several fashionably colored T-shirts.......
..........al

Carole A
04-29-2003, 11:22 PM
I've been able to get rust spots (from our well water) out of whites by using Oxalic Acid. Here in Oregon, we have to buy it from the pharmacy. It might work for paints and worth a try. It's a little expensive, but not as much so as replacing clothing.

Carole

Bill J
04-29-2003, 11:44 PM
Easy fix tell them you are an artist.:D

Christie
04-29-2003, 11:48 PM
Scissors! :D

Seriously though, there are some good suggestions here. I hope something works.

I need a solution for dioxazine purple on walls and five year old's fingers.... :D