PDA

View Full Version : Field

mallory
04-29-2003, 12:52 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/04-29-2003/5199_Landscape_Mallory.JPG

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Field
Year Created: 2003
Medium: Watercolor
Surface: Paper
Dimension: 15
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
This was done in a quick 2 hour session. Perhaps the best thing about this painting is that I don't have a lot of time into it.

I was trying to get a sense of "movement" with the furrows.

This is pretty close to the image of the reference photo. I don't necessarily try to stay with a photo image, but in this case I liked the image as it was.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Like a lot of my paintings this one doesn't seem to do much for me. There is not a lot of value contrast, but is wasn't a value contrast kind of day. Same with color intensity.

mallory
04-29-2003, 12:59 PM
Let me add that I already see that the mountain tops are way to repetitive. It is possible for me to alter at least two of them, but I don't know if the painting is worth the effort.

I think the dip in the horizon to the right is a photography problem. I don't think the original does that.

There is a "hard line" on the very right hand side of the horizon. I realize that should be scrubbed out. What I am not sure about is whether, after scrubbing. Should I allow the field to fade into mist? I find that a little disturbing, but I don't know why.

Anyway, your time on this image is greatly appreciated.

mallory