PDA

View Full Version : WIP North Korean KumKang Mnts.

jti
04-29-2003, 09:05 AM
I'm quite happy with this one so far BECAUSE I've never tried to paint without drawing anything first - but several of you have mentioned it so I thought - "give it a try" - well, I did and I found I painted my "mother washes" more quickly and freely... and this got me in a better mood for the rest of it. About 4 hrs. in it so far - think about 4 more will finish (I know it's not a race, but I'm trying to increase my output). SO, I'm happy thus far. Thanks for watching it develope and suggestions welcome. jti

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Apr-2003/19946-kumkang-wc.jpg

babybrush
04-29-2003, 09:19 AM
love the colors and the textures in this one. very mood evoking (good mood). what else do you have left to finish? i think it looks cool with unfinished edges so just wondering how far you will go.

Bethany

Sylvielu
04-29-2003, 09:21 AM
You did very well! I need to practice drawing with the watercolor also. I think it looks looser that way.

I like the color choices and how the bottom seems to fade away.

els
04-29-2003, 11:50 AM
It's finished IMHO... Love the unfinished look...

Yorky
04-29-2003, 12:33 PM
Looking good!

Teriffic texture in the cliffs.

Doug

sweetbabydill
04-29-2003, 12:54 PM
This is looking very good. I can't wait to see finished painting.
Great work!
Carolyn

artmom
04-29-2003, 03:21 PM
You have a wonderful beginning here. I'll be tuned in for updates!:)

Lyn

jti
04-29-2003, 07:33 PM
Isn't it odd - I kinda liked the flowing, undone piece too - but I have to fill it out. I've done a bit more and will post it when done - still open for suggestions though. jti

Frank Fan
04-29-2003, 07:57 PM
it looks good as it is now, I love the colorful mountain and the loose style, it's different than the other painting of yours I ever saw in the forum, it looks a kind of Chinese painting, especially the lower part.

CharM
04-29-2003, 08:11 PM
jti... As a newbie, I don't have enough experience to offer good suggestions. However, I suspect you'll want your foreground darker with a little more distinct detail. I absolutely love the purple in your washes...... Afterthought.... You may want to soften the foliage a little where the mountains intersect... Good luck with this... It's very apparent that you're enjoying this one!