PDA

View Full Version : Barb & Jackie! I did go back! :)

meowmeow
04-29-2003, 08:35 AM
:D I went back to the figure session...it ended up being one long session instead of the shorter poses and I wasn't using pastel so I posted it in the Figure Forum....but I didn't want you to think I pooped out on you! I went back, I did some measuring...no one said a word, of course......I think I did better...we'll see what they say over in the figure place.
I've been going outside to the park with my easel too! Trying to get over all these foolish hangups. It's hard! :D
But it's fun too!
Anyhow here is the link to my pencil drawing in The Figure Forum:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=104331

:D

Sandy

jackiesimmonds
04-29-2003, 01:48 PM
OF COURSE no-one said a word. I am proud of you. Keep up the good work.......and that was a very good piece of work, well done.

It's not easy, painting and drawing with others around you, but you will get used to it eventually and lose all inhibitions.
Jackie

meowmeow
04-29-2003, 02:54 PM
Thanks Jackie.
I did enjoy doing it and it was no big deal to do some measurements. It made a big difference in the drawing I think....certainly better than eyeballing. Although eyeballing helps too!
It's hard at my old age to lose these inhibitions but I am working on it...although I don't think you will see me turn up as one of the unclothed models! :D
Thanks for all the encouragement.

Sandy

bnoonan
04-29-2003, 04:07 PM
Sandy - Congratulations and I'm thrilled you did go back and enjoyed it as much as we had hoped. It's a great drawing. Love his hair and the way you have positioned him. YOu definitely caught the gesture where he's just plopped in that chair and just not sure why he's there. Great, great, great!!!

Measuring can be fun and definitely is worthwhile.

Glad you are doing this more. Keep us posed. Barb:D