PDA

View Full Version : Oviedo Street

Astur
04-29-2003, 02:05 AM
HI:

Watercolor&ink, 30 x 56 cm on Paperlan handmade paper, from my own pics.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Apr-2003/3741-oviedo_catedral.jpg

As usual, I really apreciate all your critiques, coments and advices. Thank you all in advance.

See you

artmom
04-29-2003, 02:33 AM
Oh, Hector, IMO this is the best one of your series so far. Like your palette in particular. Keep them coming!:D

Lyn

Olga
04-29-2003, 02:35 AM
This is really nice, Hector

Very unusual textures you achieved here and the colors are so nice and warm

Olga

madmum
04-29-2003, 03:01 AM
I like this one too, Hector :) The texture must come from that new handmade paper. Very nice :)

Ruth

Phillip
04-29-2003, 03:14 AM
Nice painting.

But I would like to see more shadows on the buildings.
I presume the light is coming from the left.

I can see the shadow on the road. but on the building on the right there is no shadow continuing on from the shadow on the road.
Maybe I am wrong, maybe the light is coming from the top left of the painting,

Otherwise I love it.

Yorky
04-29-2003, 06:54 AM
An excellent composition, Hector. Started with an excellent photograph. The placing of the figures, the wall lamp and the distant church are excellent. Perhaps the shadows could be darker (where's Pampe :D)

I prefer crisper lines and solid washes myself, but this has an "old master" feel to it - can't put my finger on the artist.

Doug

CharM
04-29-2003, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by Phillip
Nice painting.

I can see the shadow on the road. but on the building on the right there is no shadow continuing on from the shadow on the road.

Otherwise I love it.

Hector, this is the best of your series so far... The composition is great, your pallette is very pleasing and your perspective is on the money... I agree with Phillip that all that's needed is a little deeper shadow...

Darren
04-29-2003, 09:29 AM
Astur,

I really like the looseness and the texture as well. I agree with the comments on the shadows--it seems like the values of the buildings on the left are the same as those on the right and maybe should be a little darker?? I aspire to paint like this (those who can, do; those who can't, critique...haha).

darren

Egon
04-29-2003, 11:18 AM
Astur I love it - I agree with the shadows ,otherwise -maybe it was a rainy day ?
But I have a little problem ? Are all of this people kids or is their size wrong?

Und You did the perspective of the right houses wall well , but what about the roof , I think he needs a little more perspective and shadow too. Originally posted by Phillip
Nice painting.

Otherwise I love it.

surreal
04-29-2003, 01:23 PM
The sense of depth here is wonderful!

Astur
04-29-2003, 04:06 PM
Thank you very much for comments and advice...

well, the day in photo ref was cloudy, not clearly where is the light source... i feel is on the left, then I see I must put some shadows on the left bulding...

and yes, the are "little" people :) . Even with the tipical big doors in that ancient houses, 2 on the center are definitly out of size...

Thanks

jti
04-29-2003, 07:22 PM
I like many things about this piece - the multi-colored sky is nice and the loosely rendered cathedral too. Two things: If the larger dark spaces on the closer buildings are doors, then, the people look linda small in comparison since they're in the near area... also, perhaps one of the doors just after the two buildings (on left and right) could be darkened/detailed (I'd do the left one).. I think this might be something I'd do if it were my painting.

In any case, nice work. jti

jti
04-29-2003, 07:23 PM
oops, I tend to look and post - I didn't see someone else had commented on the people/size issue. jti