PDA

View Full Version : 2 people on beach (reflection study)

Bill J
04-28-2003, 11:08 PM
Here is a beach reflection study that I just completed. 11x15 140lb archers-- any and all comments welcome
bill

CharM
04-28-2003, 11:20 PM
Bill, I'm in no way qualified to offer advice... So, I'll pose this as a question... Should the middle rock shadows be reflecting opposite to all others?

artmom
04-28-2003, 11:32 PM
Bill, what a great painting! Would you, could you make our lives easier by uploading images instead of attaching? That way, we can look at the image while replying, which makes it easier to do a full-blown critique.

I think that the big rock to the right could use a little dark at the waterline as IMO it is "floating" a little.

Is this from around Panama? or the West Coast?

Lyn

Bill J
04-28-2003, 11:53 PM
thanks CharM-- I'll work on the little rocks shadows, they should be consistant with everthing else.

Lyn I'll anchor the right rock a little, the beach is in the state of Washington.--as always thanks for your obsevations
bill

lyn lynch
04-29-2003, 12:39 AM
Hi, Bill.

This very nice painting. You are old softie, aren't you.
Excellent figural work, wish I could master them.
To me this reads as "old school" watercolor--high key, not much contrast in values. Revist intent before you add depth to anything.
I am wondering about the foreground Cerulean area: is that portraying a tide pool, or what. Somehow it seems unrelated to me, I am expecting a sandy rock soil, especially if this is near the Pacific.

Bill J
04-29-2003, 01:00 AM
thanks Auntie- flattery will get you everywhere ! I took an artistic license on the cer. blue, I was afraid a brown tidal pool would muddy the pic up too much.
bill

artmom
04-29-2003, 03:30 PM
Bill, I hope you don't mind--I took the liberty of uploading your image just to make it easier to look at while commenting :D

Lyn

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Apr-2003/11722-beach2.jpg