Title: "Seaside"........WIP
Year Created: 2003
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 24x32
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
..Been fighting with this one all day!
It's time to stop. If I can pull this one off,..it'll be a ..........miracle!

My reference photo is attached:

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
All suggestions welcome

louisiton
04-28-2003, 07:53 PM
Scott, I think you are off to a great start. The warm colours are so appealing and you've got a great feel to the water. Please post updates as you go!!

Wes Hyde
04-28-2003, 07:56 PM
Scott! It's looking great! No miracle needed, just keep up the magic you've already started.

Give me a call.

Wes

Wayne Gaudon
04-28-2003, 08:53 PM
dang .. if I could ever get one started like that the finish would force itself .. this is a hummer .. lovely ..

mattlart
04-28-2003, 09:27 PM
GRACIAS MUCHO......Wayne,Wes,and Louisiton:p

Here's an update;..all done painting for today..OY!;)

somerset
04-28-2003, 09:38 PM
Perhaps things are not going as quickly as you would like but I believe you are winning. You've chosen an interesting time to walk away and re-visit IMO. You can resume your original plan OR you could do an Impressionistic rendering.

mattlart
04-28-2003, 10:02 PM
Thank you for your visit,..Somerset:D
I think that the painting is JUST STARTING to get interesting.
All of the color, detail,...and rich,thick textures applied to all the boats should be fun.....Take Care,-Scott

artbabe21
04-29-2003, 12:02 AM
Beautiful reference...you know how to pick 'em...:)
where IS this place?

Not quite the soft curves you're so very used to but always a stellar job...I SO SAVOR the moments of your WIPs
when I can watch you paint...I bet you're a whirling dirvish...:D

Paintonbrush
04-29-2003, 12:32 AM
Thats alot of action going on there.....will you put all the boats in or pick and choose. motion in the roof is marvie!

mattlart
04-29-2003, 08:45 AM
Good Morning,...it's Tuesday.......:;my teaching dayProbably wont get a chance to paint until tomorrow afternoon.

Hiya Cath! If I remember correctly,..this is somewhere in the Carribean;......there's actually LOTS of texture on here (it will not photograph well),..and (smile),...;I'm SO tempted to throw in some wild abstract shapes and flourishes;..but the subject just doesn't lend itself to them..:) I'll write soon,-S

Hey Dianne:) My plan is to paint in all the boats,..but to blur and subdue the rest of 'em......Thank you for watching my struggle....
Cheers,-Scott

coulter
04-29-2003, 02:33 PM
Already this has such a great look! Can't wait to see the rest Scott!! I for one am waiting to see how you handle the blur of the details :)

Mark

artinoils
04-29-2003, 02:49 PM
Scott, always interesting to watch you work. What a great start!

mattlart
04-29-2003, 06:09 PM
Mark! :D Hey, thanks for watching this challenging dance.....
I couldn't resist painting more today....I've attached the progress:evil: :angel: I guess,..all that remains to do are perhaps a few finishing touches. Cheers,-S

Hi Sue.....:) Well....now you can see the mess I've made....;) Cheers......Scott

Zarathustra
04-29-2003, 06:19 PM
This is talent!! The colours are near-perfect, and the there's so much to see, from the tranquility of the water to the intrique of the distant buildings. One of the nicest paintings I've seen on WC.

louisiton
04-29-2003, 07:33 PM
Oh Scott, this is beautiful. I'm absolutely impressed by your talent. :clap:

mattlart
04-29-2003, 10:35 PM
Well,........shucks. Thank you, Zarathustra. I've been doing ALOT of figure painting lately;...this was quite a change,..and even a bit-of-a-challenge.Your kind words are much appreciated..Cheers!-S

Thank you, Louisiton;....I'm actually surprised that it's come together so quickly. I'm jazzed,...and now want to paint MORE marine scenes..:) Best Wishes to you...-S

Wes Hyde
04-29-2003, 10:48 PM
I want it

Wes Hyde
04-29-2003, 10:48 PM
real bad

artbabe21
04-29-2003, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Wes Hyde
I want it

wes, is that ALL you have to say????????????????????????? lol
and it's yours???????

Wes Hyde
04-29-2003, 11:13 PM
Cath, I think that says it all. I'll add, however, for clarity, I've never wanted a painting this badly. Lucky for me, I get to go drool over it in the morning before Scott and I head down to the frame shop.

I wonder how long it would take to pay off at $20 a month? hm
I'm looking around the house for things to sell...

woodguy
04-30-2003, 02:19 AM
Excellant, Scott! I like everything about this one. If you are trying to think of a good wedding present, well then..................Jim

mattlart
04-30-2003, 09:14 AM
LOLOL!

Wes,..I truly am flattered...
TRULY. But,..you can't have my painting.(Chuckling).
You are a good friend,....but ......you can't have this painting.
Now, stop bugging me.
WAIT! NEVERMIND! I've got an idea. A straight-across trade for "Jiggerpin". Watcha think?:cool: :D :evil: :angel:

Jim- :) I forgot to ask;....what are you giving Wes and Nicole as a wedding present? And,...BTW, his birthday is coming RIGHT UP:p :D LOL...Cheers, everybody and thanks.:)

Wes Hyde
04-30-2003, 09:38 AM
If Jigger Pen wasn't sold, I'd do it!

mattlart
04-30-2003, 09:52 AM
LOL,.....that IS a compliment.....:)

Thanks, Wes....
Now,..go-get-dressed,...we've got people to do,..and places to see.....:cat: See Ya!-S

coulter
04-30-2003, 09:04 PM
Holy Smokes! This did come together, it's gorgeous!!

But how come you didn't use the yellow sky? :evil: :evil: :evil: LOL!

Mark

YLCIA
04-30-2003, 10:09 PM
Blazing glow combined with serenity. ..Wow, Scott... It is gorgeous painting!

Julia

mattlart
04-30-2003, 11:29 PM
MARK,..YOU DA DEVIL! This is "Geraldine JONES" talkin' to you ,..honey! I'm gonna call my boyfriend "Killa" on you!!!
LOL!!!! Remember Flip Wilson? MY ALL-TIME FAVORITE!:):D

Ironically,..after redoing the sky several times,lol,..it IS now a pinkish-yellow! Cheers,-S

Thanks Julia. Watcha been up to? Best Wishes,-Scott