PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Night Special - Please critique

M.A.
04-28-2003, 05:43 PM
I finished this painting from Fookie's RIL last night for the watercolor portrait exchange. Would you take a moment to critique it for me, please? The reference pic is black and white.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Apr-2003/18725-fookietubII.jpg

artmom
04-28-2003, 05:48 PM
You have done an amazing job! Your really captured Fookie's eyes, and those Hungarian cheeks. I think it is well done. Frame it!

Lyn

M.A.
04-28-2003, 05:49 PM
Ha, ha. Thanks Lyn. Actually, I'm sending it to Fookie. But I just thought there might be some good *tweaking* ideas around here.

CharM
04-28-2003, 05:55 PM
Mary-Ann, you are getting portraits down to a science!!! I'm so impressed with your growth!

Fookie, I HAVE to ask... Did your kitchen have a hand pump or did you have to carry water? We had a pump...

vestalqueen
04-28-2003, 06:24 PM
Mary-Ann, you've captured Fookie here! I love the hair! She's going to love this.

If you're wanting to tweak, the only suggestion I would have would be maybe softening the dimple on her right cheek a wee bit. You may just wish to leave as is. (I think I would). Sometimes when I get paintings to a certain point I just have to stop or else I get into the piddling and overdoing thing.

Lovely!

Erin

M.A.
04-28-2003, 06:49 PM
Thanks Char and Erin for looking and commenting. I appreciate it.
Good suggestion about the cheek, Erin.
Best,
Mary-Ann