PDA

View Full Version : Fair and Balanced You Decide.

jaymarvin
04-28-2003, 04:21 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/04-28-2003/9437_fb.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Fair and Balanced You Decide.
Year Created: 2003
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Paper
Dimension: 14x20
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I'd did this one with using flat brushes, and a palllet knife.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
I'm trying to do something more art brutish, yet still a bit abstract. Is it too abstract or too busy?

jaymarvin
04-28-2003, 05:56 PM
Is this thing to opaque?

Jay

Patrick1
04-28-2003, 06:20 PM
Jay, I dont know what you mean by opaque...you mean the paint itself? There's a lot of stuff going on, but I don't find it too busy. More subtle and harmonious colours than most of your others. I like this painting; one of your better ones IMO.

jerryW
04-28-2003, 10:39 PM
your colors clash delightfully
you are unique and valuable.

artbabe21
04-29-2003, 12:05 AM
intriguing, nice shapes, good colors...)
nice to have on a wall for sure...:D

jaymarvin
04-29-2003, 06:38 AM
Thanks one and all. Do you ever have this happen? After you paint it you like it. Then the next day you look, and can't figure out what you were trying to do? Or you look at a painting you did, and think "what the hell is this?" Must have been the mood I was in yesterday.

jay:confused:

s-augustson
04-29-2003, 08:20 AM
How do you get such thick paint on paper? I have a hard enough time getting it thick on canvas! This is one of my favorites of yours. Its right up there with Bebop Warfare and Red Rita.

I see so many faces in this! It is very interesting.

jaymarvin
04-29-2003, 09:19 AM
Thanks, I just start putting on the acrylic with no plan in mind. I use thick, heavy water color paper, and a pallet knife. Also flat brushes. Then I move the paint around until something comes up. I guess most everyone thinks this works. I'm going to try and do 100 of them. Then go back and look at the first, and compare it with the last.

jay

s-augustson
04-29-2003, 09:22 AM
Ahh, that makes sense. When I saw "paper", I was thinking of thin brown paper or something. Not sure why :)

jaymarvin
04-29-2003, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by s-augustson
Ahh, that makes sense. When I saw "paper", I was thinking of thin brown paper or something. Not sure why :)

That's what I thought too. But I asked on here what to use, and watercolor paper was the answer most gave. I went to the art store, and got the heavy stuff. It really holds the paint.

Jay

Fagan
04-29-2003, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by jaymarvin
Thanks one and all. Do you ever have this happen? After you paint it you like it. Then the next day you look, and can't figure out what you were trying to do? Or you look at a painting you did, and think "what the hell is this?" Must have been the mood I was in yesterday.

jay:confused:

*LOLOLOL* ........yes

s-augustson
04-29-2003, 09:58 AM
I feel ya on the mood. I paint something, and it is usally at night and I think it is the greatest thing I have ever done. Then I wake up in the morning and think "I must have been dreaming, cuz it looks like junk".

Although the past two nights I have had dreams of paintings. Like actual paintings that I was looking at on a wall so I wrote them down because I think I am going to paint them. With my luck though it is probally something I saw and had made an impression on me at one time or another.

Leigh
04-29-2003, 10:00 AM
I like the vibrant colors. I like the brush-work. I am, however, not so crazy about these two people screaming at each other. The one with the pink hair reminds me of someone I know.

jaymarvin
04-29-2003, 10:01 AM
Look at my own work, and not think there is either something missing or wrong.

Jay