PDA

View Full Version : Somewhere in Bosnia...

ale.l
04-28-2003, 04:09 PM
After Pampe's poll on critique I don't know what to ask from you :)

In any case, give me your comments, criticism or whatever you want to call it.. whatever you'd like to offer. I'll be happy to hear what you have to say about this piece.

See you around

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Apr-2003/17217-buna400.JPG

artmom
04-28-2003, 04:18 PM
Ale,

I was the one that moved Pampe's poll back onto today's page. I didn't mean to confuse anyone--I just thought it was an interesting poll!!

What I do is always ask for critiques if I need help. I just ask for comments when I feel pretty satisfied with what I have done.

I like the orientation of this pic. What size is it? That helps in doing a critique. Is this a painting you have just done, or one that you did before joining WetCanvas!?

Lyn

ale.l
04-28-2003, 04:30 PM
It's one I did recently and it's a quarter sheet... Thanks for looking.

As I said, I would like criticism first of all. If there is none then it's nice to know what is good about a piece, too
:)

babybrush
04-28-2003, 04:30 PM
Wow, this is great. the lighting is very realistic. there is however, some sort of white spot above the building (may just be pic) but it looks wierd.

Bethany

CharM
04-28-2003, 04:39 PM
Hi Ale... the detail work on this painting is remarkable... I am bothered a little by the piece of rockface in the lower right hand corner... I'm distracted by it and my eye wants to leave the picture. I like your pallette and your foliage is excellent...

M.A.
04-28-2003, 04:44 PM
I really like this piece and find the reflections to be quite amazing!
:clap:

ale.l
04-28-2003, 04:50 PM
Oh my ... do you have THE HAWK'S EYE :) :) :)

I had a look at the painting and woooow... I just forgot to paint that !!!!! Isn't that weird.. it was actually supposed to be an L shaped part of the roof and I remember deciding to leave that out.. and forgot to correct the space I had left for it..

How funny now that you spotted it right away.. Here's what we need to post for, isn't it. Someone always sees SOMETHING.
I never saw it and neither did anyone who saw the painting and it's been hanging on my wall for weeks :))))
Thanks.

:)

artmom
04-28-2003, 04:52 PM
Ale, thank you for telling me the size.

Your reflections are wonderful. As babybrush says "Wow, this is great. the lighting is very realistic. there is however, some sort of white spot above the building (may just be pic) but it looks wierd."

Have you checked out your values in grayscale? I think the rocks in the lower right hand corner (as we view it) need to be darkened--as CharM said it pulls your eye out of the painting.

You have handled the rock work very well. Keep posting--I love traveling via armchair!:D

Lyn

karenjh
04-28-2003, 05:14 PM
I really like the subject matter and composition. Your water is wonderfully done and so are the rocks/mountain. Nicely done.

jti
04-28-2003, 07:12 PM
Like the rock work and reflections too. I too would like the rocks in the bottom right a bit darker and also the bushes there. Nice piece, jti

** Pampe, I did a critique, I did one, please don't hit me :D :D "

jaytee
04-28-2003, 07:25 PM
Ale......... lovely clear rich colours and good composition............ my only nit to pick is the stonework on the wall...........I prefer the slightly softer irregular right hand side to the regular detailed rectangular blocks on the left............ the detail distracts me in an otherwise delightful painting.

rapolina
04-29-2003, 04:10 AM
Impressive!
it remind to me my holidays in Jugoslavia when I was 20...

:clap: :clap:

ciao, rapolina.:cat: