PDA

View Full Version : Daily Pixel 4/28/03

digistyle
04-28-2003, 01:08 PM
Some of the other forums run a "daily" thread where people can talk about pretty much any topic or ask a "question of the day". I thought that we could use one here in the Digital Art Forum. Anyone can start the thread, the only caveats being that there should only be one Daily Pixel started per day and that the subject field contain the title and date of the thread (e.g. Daily Pixel 4/28/03).

I haven't been around as much as I'd like in the last couple of weeks, so I figured I'd use this space to catch you up on my doings. I had to quickly put a portfolio together, a gallery owner had an upcoming show featuring local talent and wanted to take a look at my work, digital and traditional. I didn't make it in to the show, but we talked for a while. He gave lots of good info and encouraged me to present more work for later shows. A store owner was also at the gallery and saw my stuff. He asked about turning some of my works into postcards / greetings cards and selling them from his store. I'll let you know how it goes if I decide to give it a try.

Here's the inaugural Daily Pixel question (a two part-er): Do we need a Daily Pixel and should it be called the "Daily Pixel"?

digistyle

gealflings
04-28-2003, 03:41 PM
Way to go, Digi! :D Good luck with all that - I figure any exposure is good exposure, right? (unless you're exposing yourself... :D )

I like the idea of having a daily thread - it gives us all a chance to see what everyone is up to, and, since most of use also do traditional media and may not always have time or whatever for digital (I know that's where I am at right now...watercoloring like I'm in a chain gang..hehe), it'd be nice to at least have a place to say 'hey'!

I like the name, too.. :D

ajlec2000
04-28-2003, 06:25 PM
Good idea, Digi. The answer is: no we don't need it which is why we should do it. A little extravagance is good for the soul.
Gealf,
Watercoloring like you're in a chain gang? Watercolorists chained together! No wonder that's such a difficult medium.
I have the opposite problem. I'm spending alot of time on the computer and not getting enough done with traditional media. I need more work on the basics. It's also NHL playoff time and I have a hard time staying away from the TV(Go Canucks!).
Bottom line: I like the Dailey Pixel idea. Let's do it.

gealflings
04-28-2003, 06:43 PM
Ajlec - gods, I couldn't imagine being chained to another artisty person, let alone a whole flock of them... lol.. I can hardly stand myself some days, let alone a whole bunch of people like me going "is this all right? do you like it? huh? huh???" like I do to my hubby..hehehehe...

BAh, NHL playoffs.. :::Grumbles::: stupid Avalanche...stupid Wings... gah.. :D

digistyle
04-28-2003, 09:55 PM
I've been focusing on the digital stuff a lot myself lately, though I have done some colored pencil on black paper doodles and I was out in the park this evening sketching with charcoal. My goals for the summer are to do some plein aire paint sketches in watercolor and oils (separately, of course!). I really need to work on landscapes. I've got a number of digital WIPs going and have finally started a website again. I'm also itchin' to get back into the weekly life drawing class now that the snow is gone. Not enough time in the day to do it all!

digistyle

ajlec2000
04-29-2003, 01:22 AM
If its nice tomorrow I resolve to get out and fill pages in my journal. If not its indoors for exercises from one of the art instruction books piling up around here.