PDA

View Full Version : Why d'you think it's so quiet here lately?

madmum
04-28-2003, 11:13 AM
I notice the forum has been very quiet since I got back, which got me thinking ;)

Why, in your opinion, is it so quiet lately? ;) :D :evil:

vestalqueen
04-28-2003, 11:17 AM
Pardon me while I pick myself up off the floor from laughing too hard! You ARE wicked!

Of course, you can see how *I* voted....

Oh, yeah. More darks, Ruth.:evil: :)

Erin

babybrush
04-28-2003, 11:20 AM
well i voted for two options. Pamps is away which quiets things down a bit, and then the last because it is buzzing under the surface, just go to the portrait exchange thread or even the poll on the challenge, and the Wash had been busier than ever lately. the traffic is concentrated in individual threads is all.

Bethany

madmum
04-28-2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by babybrush
and then the last because it is buzzing under the surface, just go to the portrait exchange thread or even the poll on the challenge, and the Wash had been busier than ever lately. the traffic is concentrated in individual threads is all.

Good point, Bethany! Is everyone busy with portraits?

Erin, somebody has to do these things :evil:

lyn lynch
04-28-2003, 11:25 AM
While I certainly miss both Pamps and Em, as I did Maddie when she was on holiday, I do not think anyone rules the board, so to speak.

I am very busy what with that dog who takes so dern much time, helping my bro w/his wife's estate, blah, blah. But, as Bethany put so well, Wash is up tremendously, and the protrait exchange is getting much posting and work. Many of us are dedicating T&E to the painting, viewing and commenting. I think this always happens when a new Project is announced.

Glad to have you back, we missed you.

Auntie.

karenjh
04-28-2003, 11:30 AM
Oh good, I thought it was just me. I've posted up some paintings and didn't get much response and thought jeez I must really be bad....

artmom
04-28-2003, 11:33 AM
You little :evil: you!

Have you seen the speed with which the threads are moving down?????????? I can hardly keep up with all the newbies, oldies returning, reading the 20 pages + of the Portrait Exchange!

It doesn't matter that Pam and Em have been gone--I hear their voices saying "Darker, Darker, Purple, Purple." ROFLOL

The next art supply order I send out will ask for GIANT size tubes of Winsor Violet, FUB, etc. I'm already running out!!!!

Great poll--just what we needed:rolleyes: :p

Lyn

Fagan
04-28-2003, 11:56 AM
Hi Ruth! Welcome back...where's the pictures?? *GRIN*

CharM
04-28-2003, 11:59 AM
Ohmygosh... If this gets any busier, I won't be able to keep up... As a newbie, I already have Pamps and Em firmly planted between my ears... nagging, nagging, nagging... Good nagging, of course... But, there are lots of great artists offering up their comments and helping us when we need it most!!! The other thing to remember, those of us on this side of the "pond" are just now getting out doors to the gardens...

Christie
04-28-2003, 12:08 PM
Busy, that's me. :D

I am also trying to work on long unused portrait skills.... sigh.

I can also hear, "Darker, darker". :D

tigre255
04-28-2003, 12:30 PM
I voted "All of the above." Missed you Ruth, and your polls........:evil:

Been busy though with other things, mostly because I'm having trouble finding inspiration in something to paint........have wasted lots of paper starting paintings and messing them up before they get far. :rolleyes:

Glad your back.........

magnuscanis
04-28-2003, 12:31 PM
Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but I've been pretty busy lately. Haven't touched my paints in weeks :crying:, though I have been doing a little bit of sketching and yesterday I had a trip to some botanical gardens which gave me some new photographic reference material for next time I get a chance to paint.

Rosemarie
04-28-2003, 12:42 PM
I can't vote, my alternative isn't there! The amount of threads have escalated the last year and I can't keep up, and I don't have enough time to paint because of WC (not quite true, but nearly). I wish it would slow down more so I could have a look at all the paintings, now I select. I don't want to be called addicted (but I think I am:mad: )

Should we start a new slogan? Paint but not post???

Gilberte
04-28-2003, 02:56 PM
and ... and ... and ... there are so many forums on WC with most interesting subjects and great artists like Sunny who posted this in still life or oils ( I hope she doesn't mind me mentioning it here)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Apr-2003/9813-pruimen.jpg

Strawberry Wine
04-28-2003, 04:14 PM
Hi there

Ruth glad to see you back

Char Wrote:

The other thing to remember, those of us on this side of the "pond" are just now getting out doors to the gardens...

And a long, long winter it was.

If you think this forum is slow, check out the tole and decorative art forum. I posted a welcome sign I painted in acrylics and it has sat on page one in the same spot since Saturday. Ruth you would recognize it as it is the same robin sitting on the nest that I painted for you in postcard exchange.

Sometimes I wish this forum ran a little more slowly so I could keep up.

Off now to think about Portrait number 2

Gail

M.A.
04-28-2003, 04:52 PM
All of the above and none of the above. Interesting how you miss people's posts when they're away. They'll be back soon hopefully.

Uschi
04-28-2003, 05:43 PM
I didn't vote because I would have to click on every one.
Pam is away - yes
mustcreate is away - yes
you were away - yes
portrait project - yes, where I would love to contribute more paintings but don't even have time to check the latest, because we finally have temperatures above zero and sooooooo much gardening to do.
So glad you are back Ruth, and read in the morning you are painting me and I am chuffed!!!!
Uschi

Sylvielu
04-28-2003, 05:43 PM
Maybe everyone's out enjoying the spring weather. Or they could be like me just lurking and being a lookie loo......

lyn lynch
04-28-2003, 09:36 PM
Oh, Maddie, you are so naughty. I think no more holidays for you. I have to come back in and say missed ChookieBrown, too, who was off 2 full weeks, and Olga, who is spit and miss this last month tending to her family.

Brelaina
04-29-2003, 12:43 AM
Well.... I voted for- everyone just being very busy. Even before the poll I had always felt that I couldn't possibly respond to all the great paintings here so I've just had to limit myself to several replies every few days. My schedule just doesn't allow for more although I would love to comment on them all!!!!

Also, my girlfriend and I painted all winter and since spring has finally arrived we' ve been so cooped up inside with all the rain we've had that we feel the need to spend every spare minute outside or in our gardens. For a treat we're off to an art store tomorrow to treat ourselves to new paints hoping that might inspire us to pick up our brushes.

Happy spring everyone and for those who just got snow - hang on ! - spring is just around the corner!

Bre

Olga
04-29-2003, 02:52 AM
Has it really been quiet?
I guess it is all a matter of perspective.

I came back after being away for 4 days and could not get back to the place where I would see everything that was posted since I left...not to mention reading through the portrait exchange thread where everyone has been so busy...
And there seems to be a bunch of new faces ( Welcome :) )

But of course it will be nice to have Em and Pam and Sylvia back

Olga

madmum
04-29-2003, 02:57 AM
Sorry, it was a tongue-in-cheek question ;) I guess I sit here during my day and things go very slowly, but once I go to bed it comes alive :rolleyes: During the day yesterday it was really quiet, so I posted this poll as a bit of fun :evil:

Oh well, it's been interesting to find out what everyone thinks :D

Ruth

pampe
04-29-2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by CharM
Ohmygosh... If this gets any busier, I won't be able to keep up... As a newbie, I already have Pamps and Em firmly planted between my ears... nagging, nagging, nagging... Good nagging, of course... But, there are lots of great artists offering up their comments and helping us when we need it most!!! The other thing to remember, those of us on this side of the "pond" are just now getting out doors to the gardens...

*hands on massive hips*

*listening and keeping score for later*

:evil:

Rich Williams
04-29-2003, 08:33 PM
Could it be that people, the men, are just to busy painting to be here..
not in this life time
I have just taking a brake for a few days and had to many other things going on ...

BTW Pam and EM are both kindred soles with nothing better to do but paint paint paint. But what is my point,I dont know just maybe to stir the pot.
:evil: :evil: :evil: lol

Rich

pampe
04-29-2003, 10:57 PM
Richard......c'mere

:p

jaytee
04-30-2003, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by Rich Williams
But what is my point,I dont know just maybe to stir the pot.
:evil: :evil: :evil: lol

And pretty good at it you are too .............. off you go now to the Guys & gals poll.....................you have a comment you need to answer :evil: :evil: :evil:

Little Old Lady
04-30-2003, 08:30 AM
Life keeps getting in the way!
JoAnn

Annetta
04-30-2003, 08:46 AM
I think everyone is just realllllly busy!! I know with Spring comes yard work, weed pulling, landscaping and a myriad of other chores. This doesn't include working a full time, demanding job and keeping up with the housework *sigh*.

I surely hate it when I can't be here on regular basis. I just know I'm missing all the new people joining, the awesome paintings, etc. Hopefully things will calm down soon and some sort of "order" will again prevail in our/my life!! :rolleyes:

white-anubis
04-30-2003, 11:39 AM
I don't know about everybody else, but I'm busy!:D Betwen work and school and one gallery and posibly a secnd. I've had to buckle down and paint instead of playing around! But... I ... just... can't... tear... myself... away... Darn this WC! LOL! So addicting! Must go back to work now and stop playing on the boards. Sigh.

Gilberte
04-30-2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Little Old Lady
Life keeps getting in the way!
JoAnn

Wise word from a wise lady !!!!!!!!!!!!!

raian
10-01-2004, 11:41 PM
I'm still pretty new here so do not realize how active the folks you mention in the poll are. I think this place is quite busy. I find it hard to keep up. I try to post a comment to all newly posted paintings, but even that is difficult to do :)

I'm slowly learning who you all are and your styles of painting. I'm still in envy of so many of you. And I'm still thanking God I found you all!!!

Yorky
10-02-2004, 04:20 AM
Well, just goes to show how wetcanvas has expanded in the past 18 months.

I can hardly keep up with all the posts these days - although I have to admit it is a little queiter now JJ is on her world tour :evil: :)

(sorry Judy :D )

Doug

andylavallee
10-02-2004, 04:42 AM
The phantom bumper strikes again!!!

mustcreate
10-02-2004, 02:08 PM
omg!!

I never ever saw this poll!!

ruth you are a disturber aren't you? :evil: :D

things sure have changed Doug....I wouldn't have it any other way though.....I see most of the changes as being positive for the forum and for us as members :)

em

madmum
10-02-2004, 02:52 PM
The phantom bumper strikes again!!!

LOL Andy! :D Just what I thought! :eek:

Come on, own up, who's doing it? :wink2:

Em, I'm sorry, it was nearly 18 months ago! lol

(Did anyone notice how much quieter it's been for the last few weeks? Could it be something to do with JJ's world tour, and Pam's tour of the UK? :evil: Oh I see Doug has! ;) )

Ruth

pampe
10-03-2004, 07:39 PM
:p

she's BAAAAAACK