PDA

View Full Version : */*/ DAILY WASH MONDAY 28th April*/*/

andylavallee
04-28-2003, 02:29 AM
Good Morning all, I'm afraid I have been looking in from the sidelines the last few days, a touch of Yorkies trouble, bits of my body not bending where they ought, it is getting better.. I have been keeping up to date though so welcome back those who have been, Keep going those who are struggling and get well soon those not so well, tonight I start painting Classes I have been wanting to go and get edumacated for a long time found this one advertised on closing day, only 30 about $45 U.S for a 10 week course, so maybe now I will get the hang of it (watch out Nandie, I'm going to be as good as you!!!:D
have a good day all

madmum
04-28-2003, 02:36 AM
Morning!!!!! Great to be here to start the wash :D

OK first things first! Auntie, the photo's I showed in yesterdays wash were the full image compressed, here's a crop showing faces :D
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Apr-2003/10535-Street_musicians_close_1.jpg
If any good, I'll send by email in biggest res. possible.

Posted lots of my pics in RIL but more still to come including a few of a merry go round and other fairground rides.

Kids back to school today, and I think I should go shopping :crying: but then I might get my brushes wet :D Weather is filthy this morning so I don't look forward to going out!

Need another cup of tea now, might wake me up enough for me to remember what else I was going to say! lol

Ruth

madmum
04-28-2003, 02:39 AM
:o OOPS!

I started a wash too, Mr Moderator please combine the 2 :angel: (I was second so add it to this please :D )

Yorky
04-28-2003, 03:27 AM
Morning all!

Sorry you're having back trouble Andy, take care! My back is fine niw, but still have sciatica pain in leg :(

Morning Ruth - looking outside at the rain, there's no way I'm going out either!

I intend to do some more mini portraits this morning, now it's OK to trace the main features :D Even then its not easy to convey that elusive magical thing a likeness.

Cheers!

Doug

moondancer79
04-28-2003, 04:03 AM
evening all,

RAIN GLORIUS RAIN.....its been raining for the last 3 days here. But boy do we need it. hopefully we'll get a LOT more over the next few months. We're just about to go on the next higher level of water restrictions tomorrow as the dams are only at 45% capacity. other than that its been pretty nice. hope you all have a wonderful day.

coffee_girl3000
04-28-2003, 04:59 AM
Morning all! Ugh, raining here too, looks like it will all week. I really hate the rain! Ah well, summer is hopefully around the corner so finger's crossed it'll warm up and the sun will come out.

Must revise today! Been procrastinating, and first exam (Drama) is in 2 weeks and 1 day. Although that's not exactly an exam, but it is scarier.

I might sketch somebody else for the Portrait Exchange tonight. Cheer me up - a nice guy who was going to call me yesterday didn't. But I'm not too bothered :).

Be careful you don't strain yourself Andy, and enjoy the classes.

M.A.
04-28-2003, 05:47 AM
Andy - hoping to hear about your class, I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun!

Ruth - wonderful pics in your RIL!

Doug - more portraits. :D

moondancer - I was reading where this year we can expect a wetter than normal summer, I'm all for it ... hopefully it will help the farmers who have had drought to deal with over the past few years, plus, I won't have to water my garden so often!
:)

Sarah - good luck on your exams. The guy who didn't call? His loss.

Have a great day everyone!

artmom
04-28-2003, 06:39 AM
I feel like Nero fiddling while Rome burned! My husband woke up unwell about 5:15 am, nose bleed, dizziness, chills, etc. Because of my curtailed mobility, I called our son to come and take him to the hospital--I'm more trouble than help when there is walking to be done--so, here I am on WetCanvas! while awaiting word on what's wrong. It is so frustrating; I always was so independent. I still drive and can walk short distances, but hospital corridors are NEVER short!

So nice to see the Aussie's, the Brits, and the Canadians rolling along merrily in The Wash! Glad those who want rain are getting it, and for those who are wet today in England; that's what keeps all those beautiful flowers and trees growing for you to share w/us! LOL

Andy, watch the back!

Sarah, mind who you meet at this age. I met my husband when I was 17; 5 months later we married, and, I'll let you do the math, we'll be married 46 years in August.

I'll post an update on Ed (my husband) later.

Lyn

CharM
04-28-2003, 07:32 AM
Good Monday morning Washuns!!

The weather here is sunny... Actually, we could use the rain, so if anyone wants to send it our way... Our water table is down again and the lake levels have dropped another 4-6"... Even with the all the snow we had, it wasn't enough...

My daffodils are finally flowering... Boy are they late!!! The tulips have just nicely poked their heads through the ground...

When the Health Care Nurse visited yesterday, she wasn't surprised about my husband's alergic reaction at all... One of the severe side effects of the antibiotic is hives and shortness of breath... Go figure... Hubby is up and around this morning, almost able to straighten up... On the mend...

I hope everyone that's hurting will feel better today...

Those going to school or workshops, study hard and learn lots...

Those who're painting today, enjoy and don't forget to post...

Have a great day everyone...

CharM
04-28-2003, 07:36 AM
Lyn, I meant to tell you to hang in there... You can only do what you can do... Your husband knows that!!! Keep us posted...

Uschi
04-28-2003, 07:53 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!!!

Andy, I hope the joy of the painting class will rejuvinate your whole body!!!
Ruth, so nice you are back, looking forward to some of your paintings!!
Sarah, my friend I and I came to the conclusion that what we should have picked is not a handsome man, not a dashing man, not a rich man, but a KIND man. Mind you, this wisdom came 40 years too late HA!
Artmom, I truly hope your husband is fine and it wasn't anything serious.
Char, glad your hubby is better!!

Beautiful day here, supposed to have a little rain this afternoon, we need it. Last summer we were forbidden to water our lawn, due to lack of rain, and half of it is dead now. So am digging it up and planting the evening primrose that has completely taken over my good garden. Figure if it is that tough it can survive without watering and for all I care it can take over the whole lawn HA! In the meantime I have no idea where to put all the dead stuff I have dug up.
I am also supposed to submit a kind of architectural drawing and application for the small deck I had built 3 years ago. Haven't a clue how to do that but has to be in by May 1, so it is hanging around my neck.
So, I won't be on the boards much for the next few days, nor do any painting.
Have a great day!!!!
Uschi

Strawberry Wine
04-28-2003, 08:11 AM
Good Morning All:

It is 8:00 am sunny and warm and I don't want to go to work today. Hmmm I don't want to go out to work when it is sunny and warm and when it is cold and miserable I don't want to go out to work. I think I should retire LOL.

Got lots done yesterday, outside work, finished portrait of Sylvielu and started the last postcard.

Lyn: Hope everything will be fine with hubby and I will be checking in later for an update.

Char: Glad yours is on the mend.

Uschi: Evening primrose is taking over my perennial beds too. I keep yanking most of them out and those runners go on forever. Archtiectural drawing from a deck that was built 3 years ago. Sounds like municipal by law c###p to me. Good luck with your sketch.

Andy Take care of the back and don't lift anything heavier than a paintbrush.

Doug. That means you too.

We need some more rain here as well. Lake Simcoe water levels are way below normal . A good all day rain about once a week all summer would really help. I pick Wednesdays as rain days.

To all who are not up to par, get better and to those who are well, stay there.

Gail

madmum
04-28-2003, 08:12 AM
Ugh! Poorly men - no offense, Andy, but in my experience it's always worse taking care of a sick man than taking care of my kids when they're poorly!

Lyn, joking apart, I hope it's nothing serious for your hub. Will be thinking of you and your family.

Char, it might help if we were WARNED of the side effects before being given the meds! Glad hubs on the mend :)

Uschi, first painting since my return is of YOU ;) :D

Remembered what I meant to say earlier - ordered 2 books off Amazon yesterday. The wonderful Hazel Soan book about flowers see here (http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0007121687/026-3992455-1450814) , and one by Mike Chaplin see here (http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0007121180) Should be great investments :)

Ruth

ScarletLake
04-28-2003, 08:27 AM
Hi everyone

Monday morning here in Ohio at 8:15 am. Looks beautiful here. Blue sky.

Fineally got a good nights sleep last night. Was a busy weekend & oldest son had his solo flight, prom, & amusement park trip going on. Was good to have everyone in & ready for bed at 10 pm last night.

Hubby out of town till Tuesday evening. I've been good

Will be getting out lots of resumes this morning for jobs I saw in paper. Going to Dr. with step mom this afternoon.

Think I'll go out & get some things I needed to over the weekend but didn't get to.

My big treat this week will be meeting one of our WC members that is in the local area & going to the art store to use my gift certificate.

Andy- Great news about your class. I'm going to sign up for one the next time I see one. I need it.

Ruth - will look at your photos in RIL

Doug - Hope sciatica gets better

Sarah - His loss & they always say they'll call you.

Lyn- Hope DH is OK

Char - Glad the nurse came by. You want to make sure that you list this as a drug allergy from now on.

Anita

Yorky
04-28-2003, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by madmum
Ugh! Poorly men - no offense, Andy, but in my experience it's always worse taking care of a sick man than taking care of my kids when they're poorly!
Ruth

LOL Maddie - I freely admit most men can't tolerate pain :D If we have a twinge the world knows about it. :D Then again I went cheerfully to work day in day out for 40 years so I say I earned it :evil:

Since I retired and am at home all day, Ruth (the wife) has found outdoor activities at least 3 days a week:) After 40 years as a housewife she's not used to having me under her feet :D

Well, I got out of my slump and even painted 3 portraits for the prortrait exchange project! Thanks to Mary-Ann:clap:

Here's my page with 4 mni portraits:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Apr-2003/1046-Portraits.jpg

I reckon I'm improving a little.

Doug

babybrush
04-28-2003, 08:47 AM
well, i haven't the time to post individual replies, but to those who are feeling poorly, get well soon, i'm praying for you. For those who need rain, i pray you get enough. for everyone who needs to go out and doesn't want to, GET OUT THERE!!! :D

I was gone most of yesterday with Church in the morning and then came home and studied for a test that is today and finished a project de today at the college. Not a fun day, but productive and successful. now i have to go check the oards and then get to work on school

Bethany

Little Old Lady
04-28-2003, 09:08 AM
Hi! sunny and 60 degrees here at 8 AM.
Great production of the Sound of Music yesterday. My son did all the sets, my daughter in law was Asst director and one on the nuns and my 2 grandsons were in the chorus,
Didn't get any painting done on the portraits I have in works and wn't have a chance today. Have to work on our fellowship newsletter.
We also need rain badly, Lake Michigan is waaaay down.
Husbands can be a problem but it is mighty lonely without a good one! I don't need a new husband but sure could use a live in handy man!
Hope those who are ailing recover and that wet paint brushes get good results.
JoAnn

mchew
04-28-2003, 09:15 AM
Good morning, afternoon and evening to everyone...

No painting done today.... went to the library again and borrowed a book titled "Notes from a friend" by motivational guru Tony Robbins. A friend recommended to me and just read the first few chapters... frankly, I was quite impressed on what this guy has to say.... it's all about believing in yourself, work towards your goal even if it's a small little step a day and never give up.

Well, talked to the gallery about the zodiac series and she sounds interested and we're planning to meet sometime next week... also, remember the commission for the "looser" style for the zodiac series? She hasn't found an artist to do it and I said I'll give it a try.... not cartoony type but more like line and wash... very simple and something like chinese painting.... well, what do I have to lose... at first I said no since it's not my style... but that was when I was still working and hadn't had the time to do what's not ME... but now.... I'm willing to try anything... ;)

artmom
04-28-2003, 09:20 AM
Update on husband--blood pressure was 185/115--apparent cause of nosebleed--he has been taking his meds, etc. so don't know what sent it up. He's home now from the ER, with orders to rest, take BP 3 times a day, and call his doctor for an appointment. I really glad he's feeling a bit better--I want him around for another 46 years!! He's an :angel: at times and a :evil: at others, but he's all mine. LOL

Thanks for caring.

Lyn

babybrush
04-28-2003, 09:35 AM
Lyn,

So hope he continues to get better. it must be scary for you to think about. will pray for you and your husband

Bethany

Phillip
04-28-2003, 09:43 AM
Hello All.
But must say bye for now. it is approaching midnight here Monday night. Must get some sleep.

Been sitting here with the fan on. had a very warm day today.

Now I know where you all are when I was online today, Would of been lucky to have more than 2 people on.
You's where all sleeping. lol

Christie
04-28-2003, 10:05 AM
Morning everyone! Up since six due to children. Today is housecleaning/laundry day and then I have all afternoon to paint.

We have dug out from under all our snow, but the roads are still slippery and traffic sounds, ummm, "interesting". :D

So, aside from a brief trip to pick up 80 lbs of dog food and some small amont of groceries, I am staying in.

I have many painting ideas floating in my head, so I might get some out and on paper today. :)

yahooserious
04-28-2003, 10:43 AM
Good Morning alll...Cloudy day here in Central Texas...

I was away all last week...Went to Sherman to help a friend with a court case:eek: , but all went well for her, so we left the courthouse smiling...Stayed with my best friend Sheri while I was there, took an old wc I'd been having trouble with, and we sat down in her studio and she helped me with the perspective problems I'd been having. She is so talented...I wish I could get her to start painting in watercolor.. Then, my cell phone rang....My daughter called to tell me she had just been transported to the hospital by ambulance from a car wreck....She hadn't even been scanned or anything yet. Mama got a little unglued....Her stout little old BMW was totaled, not her fault, thank God, and even more thanks she wasn't hurt any worse than she was. She had to trust a TOTAL stranger to pick up her son, my Nick, when he got off the school bus at home. He did and took Nick to his dad's house. So I also thank God for good strangers...Drove home Friday, 4 hr. drive, picked up Faith & Nick and they are here with us. Faith stays spaced out on pain pills and we are going to another doctor today. She has pins in her hip from a bad fall about 12 years ago, and that area of her hip is giving her a great deal of trouble now. The emergency room doc said don't worry, no problem......I beg to differ!!!!

Didn't mean to use up the whole wash line, just had to get some of this off my chest.....

Hope everyone continues to heal and feel better. Nandie, get well as possible, please.

Got to eat & run......Love you all.....Emilie

karenjh
04-28-2003, 11:07 AM
As usual lots of stuff going on in the Wash.
Lyn, glad your hubby is okay.
Emilie, I am sure it was hard being away from your daughter in a time like this. Hope she mends quickly.

Was able to paint three days in a row for 3-4 hours each day - Woohoo! That was so nice.

chookbrown
04-28-2003, 11:17 AM
Morning washers... you are all at it bright and early. Hubby stayed home from work today so we are off to Barnes and Noble his favourite place to peruse the aisles... shelves..etc. Took some great pics on my zoo trip with daughter last week so a few shots worthy of turning into paintings. Have to get to that. Had a nasty gall bladder attack last week.. hmmm that's no fun at all.. But trying to settle it all down. Hope you are all well and Lyn glad to see your hubby home.

Hugs to all who are feeling under the weather, bad backs are no fun...

Yorky.. love yer mini portraits...

Have a great day all....

Chooky :D

lyn lynch
04-28-2003, 12:13 PM
Classes sound lovely, Andy. I would like to find life drawing, which is not often offered in my area.

Maddie, please don't spend all this time concerned w/references for me. I was just J/K about that request. Ones you sent me are great, I save them to put on hats and wrinkles. LOL. Thank you, very nice of you.

Doug, yes, likeness comes from the painting, not so much the drawing, imo.

Sarah, who care? Could be many reasons. You have drama exam and painting to do. Men are like buses, another one along any minute. Likewise, women.

ANYONE WHO IS TIRED OF RAIN IN THEIR AREA, PLEASE PRAY TO HAVE IT SENT TO ARIZONA IN US OF A.

Doug, good job on the portraits, I reckon you are getting better, too. Amazing how that happens with practice, huh?

Agree, Marvin. BUT, Please, do TWO in this manner and show her and get approval or commentary before progressing with balance. Try new things, but get direction along the way so you don't waste your time on a work she does not want.

Glad our Chooks is back on line, missed you girlfriend. I had the gall bladder attack week or two ago, I forget. Nasty stuff that. I sending [Chookie].

I finish up 2 for portrait exchange today, Target for housecleaning junk, Shim to Park and ol' lady for ultrasound. Shim had bit of looseness yesterday so he get haircut, good brushing and shower. Looks and feels better. I take him to a different part of doggie park, not so much pp to roll around in and pp'd on grass to eat. Dogs dirty, kitties clean. Don't jump me, I treat him good, but truth is dogs dirty. :D

Little Old Lady
04-28-2003, 12:20 PM
Checking back in! Christie I can't believe Housecleaning and laundry done by noon!
Lynn glad your husband is doing better.
Emilie Hope they don't find anything serious with your daughter.

Christie
04-28-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Little Old Lady
Checking back in! Christie I can't believe Housecleaning and laundry done by noon!
Lynn glad your husband is doing better.
Emilie Hope they don't find anything serious with your daughter.

I didn't say done did I?!!!! That's when I stop so I can paint. :D

Anything not finished by noon waits until next week. :D

bswilson1147
04-28-2003, 12:48 PM
Saturday we had tropical downpours all day and all night. It was wonderful. I slept with the patio door open (I live upstairs). Of course, all the cats wanted to do was sleep.

Mom & I went to an estate sale on Sat. in the storms and I bought a huge (38 x 42) ornate gold frame for $60 US. Now I have to paint an elegant piece to go in it.:D

Yesterday I painted 25+ paintings of toy animals (teddys, bunnies, chicks, ducks, hippos, monkeys, cows, burros, cats, dogs, etc). Those "on a roll" days are few and far between. A few are finished and the rest need backgrounds. They are precious. :) We will go to the art shop on Sat. to pick out mats. I will have 2 or 3 double matted and framed. Now, to find customers.:D Will show you a few when they are ready.

yahooserious
04-28-2003, 01:09 PM
JoAnn & Karen, thanks for your concern about Faith. She will be fine, she is very sore from hitting another vehicle that pulled in front of her while she was going 55 mph, speed limit 60 in the area.....Silly young woman didn't look, just pulled onto road from median, no time for Faith to stop, swerve or anything... Silly girl got ticket for failure to yield or some such...Faith is lucky she was driving a stout little car & was buckled...

Painting with grandson Nick, he's painting a scene from SpongeBob Squarepants & Scooby Doo together!!!:D

Emilie

artmom
04-28-2003, 02:45 PM
Emilie, glad Faith is okay!

Bethany, Karen, Chooky, and JoAnn--thanks for expressions of concern re: hubby.

CharM, Uschi, Gail, Ruth, Anita--also thank you for your expressions of concern--I was still so freaked out when I posted that he was home, that I forgot to say TY! :)

He is taking a nap!

Lyn

Olga
04-28-2003, 02:56 PM
Hi all,

Back from my trip and just spent a bit of time trying to see what everyone's been painting... No way to catch up--and all I did was to lurk.

Paris was great: the work part worked out OK (to my relief) and then I had a couple of days to wander around and go to museums. Saw an exhibit of Chagall (along with a million other people there)--turns out he did watercolors as well. And then there was a nice show of Gauguin and his friends paintings from Brittany. Nice to see how different atists painted the same scene. I also made it to Musee Marmottan where, apart from their permanent wonderful Monets, they had a special exhibition on drawing and watercolors by various artists and a nice collection of Berthe Morissot's work.

I took some pictures of everyday kinds of sights rather than monuments, but there is something about that digital camera (or my incompetence with it) that makes the photos look much less interesting than I thought they were. Architecture looks all wonky, for some reason--as if the camera was not upright... but then the lean is different on different sides of the photo.
So, I was sort of disappointed with the digital pcitures and now I am hoping that the ones taken with a regular camera will be better. I'll upload some into the RIL--just in case someone wants to paint Paris spring street scenes.

Lyn--glad to hear your husband is back at home and hope his blood pressure will go down and stay there. It must have been scary.

Andy--hope you have fun with your lessons.

Doug--these potraits look fun... I am off to find the project, though I am not sure I can/should sign up (not much painting in the cards for next week as my mom will be visiting)...

Emilie--hope your daughter recovers quickly--sounds like it could have been even worse... It always scares me to think what a moment of inattention--one's own or someone else's--can mean when one is driving.

Fookie--wish I could supply you with some rain from here. We always have some surplus (and it's rianing again).

Can't reply to all--but it's nice to be back and read what everyone is doing

Olga

sweetbabydill
04-28-2003, 02:59 PM
Hi everyone-
Just wanted to drop in for a quick hello and to wish everyone well.
Carolyn

Nandie
04-28-2003, 03:04 PM
Boy, everybody's been busy today!!! I finally rolled my buns outta bed, got on the wash and just about fell over when I saw my portrait right up there with Pampe's! Thanks Doug, not just for painting me (good job!) but putting me in the same company as Ms. Pamps herself!!! I'm doubly honored!:D

Andy..... enjoy your lessons.... I'm jealous!!! Hope you share what you've learned with us!

Those of you with sick hubbys - hang in there, mine's been sick lately too (had a minor stroke 2 months ago at the ripe old age of 42, following minor surgery) so I know what a worry it is.

Emilie, thanks, and I hope Faith will be okay. What a scarey thing!

The rest of you have a wonderful day!:cat:

coffee_girl3000
04-28-2003, 04:09 PM
Just had a thought - has anyone heard from BeckyS recently? I remember she had health problems...just a bit concerned! But maybe she goes to other forums and someone's seen her? I miss her funny comments. :)

EDIT: Nope, her last post was 8th January this year.

Strawberry Wine
04-28-2003, 04:34 PM
Hi again:

Sarah: Parhaps you could send her an e-mail if it is in her profile. January 8, long time since she has been here.

Lyn ; Glad hubby is home and taking it easy.

Andrea: You sure do have a lot on your plate. Take care and hope your family is doing better soooner than soon.

Doug : The portraits look great and you ARE improving.:)

When I got home from work, I planted some lettuce and radish seeds, the first stuff to go into the veggie garden.

Yeah, it is finally warm

Gail

Sharon Douglas
04-28-2003, 04:36 PM
Evening all,
just popping in to say hello, and send all my good wishes to everyone who needs them.
been too busy today to look in earlier, been to the hospital, then shopping,then a little gardening, then resting on the couch for a while ( I`d overdone it as usual).
At the hospital the Dr has booked me in for my operation, there is a 3 -4 month waiting list, he`s still not sure if the cancer is back,he`ll have a good check when he does the op:rolleyes: but he doesn`t "think" he can feel any lumps this time:rolleyes: so I`m back on the waiting game again.
I jusy hope that when I`ve had this op. I can get back to my old self again, at the moment I haven`t got an ounce of energy in me and I`m so weak all the time, at times even the paintbrush feels heavy:crying: all I want to do is sleep.
Nver mind, it`s no use whinging about it, always do though;) :evil: )
Good night all ,
see you all tomorrow;)
Sharon.