PDA

View Full Version : WIP. Portrait

Phillip
04-27-2003, 07:49 PM
Hi I am participating in the Portrait Project.

Any comments on how I could finnish the hair.

Maybe the bush strokes need to be blended into the back ground more for the hair. any sugestions??

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Apr-2003/21263-Step_Two.jpg

M.A.
04-27-2003, 08:28 PM
Phillip, I think the hair looks great. Maybe someone else may have a suggestion. This is looking really good. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress on this.
:clap:

Phillip
04-27-2003, 08:33 PM
Thanks for the reply fun2cook. I love your name.

After looking at this painting for the past half hour I think I need to add some shadows in the hair.

Working on the shadows now will post a update on Project forum very shortly. Just got to wait for it to dry a bit.

Heres the update.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Apr-2003/21263-step_three.jpg

CharM
04-27-2003, 09:05 PM
Looking good Phillip... Nothing wrong with the hair... Looking forward to your finish...

artmom
04-27-2003, 10:20 PM
Looking good!

Lyn

hopefulbucky
04-27-2003, 10:31 PM
You have done a great job on the hair Phillip. Looking forward to your next posting.

jocelynsart
04-27-2003, 10:44 PM
OMG! That is me! How neat! Yep, that was my hair, until 2 days ago anyway. I cut it off for awhile...and I miss it already! lol
I think you have a good start on the hair. The greens in the shaded areas work great. Maybe just darks off and on on some of the single pieces to give them 3dimensionality. Spots where hair curls outward will be light or highlighted and hair that curls inward on the strand (concave spots) will be darker. You can gradate the pieces so they have more of a 3D shape. Scrubbing back highlights instead of trying to leave every single piece works great for hair. Also, mostly concentrate on shape and light/dark then add some loose detail strands to suggest detail. You seem to be on the track anyway, already.
Joss
PS! I had you saved on my hard drive to paint as you remind me of Bill Murray, one of my favourite actors.

Phillip
04-27-2003, 10:58 PM
Wow, thank you jocelynsart,

Thanks for the sugestions, I will try them out. I just post another update of the painting on the Project Forum.