PDA

View Full Version : " Time for Herself"

mattlart
04-27-2003, 02:01 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/04-27-2003/10498_APRIVATEMOMENT.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: " Time for Herself"
Year Created: 2003
Medium: Oil
Surface: Board
Dimension: 17x13
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
....Another figure study...

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
All comments are welcome and appreciated

Rosic
04-27-2003, 04:17 PM
Your style is unique and pleasing to me. Love the textures and the dream-like image quality you manage to capture. Keep up the great work.
Rosic

Painted Melody
04-27-2003, 04:30 PM
lucious atmosphere!! -- so thick you could slice it!

jer

somerset
04-27-2003, 04:58 PM
Uh huh. Now I know a good day is coming. Tell me, were the reflective images intentional? Just curious.

coulter
04-27-2003, 06:38 PM
Like I always say, just plain beautiful!!!!

I'll bet they'll wish they had this for the OPA show in Taos (although the one they have is gorgeous enough!)

Wonderful!!!!

Mark

mattlart
04-27-2003, 06:40 PM
..Thank you, Rosic.:) It seems as though when I paint the figure,..that "dreamlike" quality always emerges. Not necessarily with other subjects, however.
Don't you LOVE smooshing on thick, creamy paint?:p Cheers,-Scott

Painted Melody: Exactly. ;) Thank you.

Somerset,;...I always thoroughly enjoy your comments. In fact,..I look forward to them:) :) The reflections are simply intuitive,...I suppose. Thank you for visiting.Best Wishes,-S

Wayne Gaudon
04-27-2003, 07:10 PM
a little kiss of lavender :D
.. great one :clap:

woodguy
04-27-2003, 08:11 PM
Wonderful, Scott! I was kind of expecting a boat or a plein aire...but am not disappointed at all! This is your FORTE. Jim

mattlart
04-27-2003, 09:31 PM
..Glad you like her, Wayne. Aside from the lavender..(and obvious burnt sienna,.lol).......;I used some really rich metallic gold (Windsor & Newton)..blended into the backround. It did seem to make the color sing. Thanks for visiting..:D -S

..Hi Jim........Tomorrow,..I'll be starting a larger (24x32) nautical scene. Lots of boats,..dock,.buildings,etc....
Should be challenging.:p Talk to you soon,-S

YLCIA
04-27-2003, 11:27 PM
Apricots, peaches and brandy ala flame:)

Beautiful Scott!!

Julia

artbabe21
04-28-2003, 12:38 AM
I wanna go there...to this dreamy place you create...:D
another beauty Scott...:)

gotta love that warm sienna...:D

artinoils
04-28-2003, 04:09 AM
So much with so little...how limited is your palette anyway:D
Looking forward to marines!

mattlart
04-28-2003, 09:31 AM
Top O' th Mornin'!

GOTTA love THAT description, Julia! I may rename this painting..;)
Thank you...-S

Hellooooo Cath..:D I wanna be there often myself! Gracias..:p

My palette is getting larger, Sue...;I'm up to NINE colors plus white,lol...;) Thank you for visiting,....Best Wishes,-S

Paintonbrush
04-28-2003, 11:55 AM
I need anatomy lessons.....but will never get this good at it...could be the love of the subject I imagine that makes it shine so. big hi five to you its great!

reynolds
04-28-2003, 08:14 PM
yummy...i think backs must be the best to paint...would love to have one done for my hubby some day...i can dream and who knows it may happen...

mattlart
04-28-2003, 10:17 PM
Thank you, Diane. Just keep at it;..it is simply......practice;)

Nice to hear from you Reynolds! I DO love painting backs....;they're .......sexy.:p Cheers

Egon
04-29-2003, 12:18 PM
He Mattlart
You did a wounderfull painting - How many time did work on this ? I have startet akt in our local group on year ago so I have much to learn.
Originally posted by mattlart
Thank you, Diane. Just keep at it;..it is simply......practice;)

Nice to hear from you Reynolds! I DO love painting backs....;they're .......sexy.:p Cheers :clap: :clap: :clap: Egon

mattlart
04-29-2003, 10:41 PM
..Egon,...I think that time is relative....
In-other-words,...I have been painting for many years..(mostly in watercolor);..so this painting was done in approximately 5 hours.(and 40 previous years of painting);) Good luck to you,..;I'm sure that you will find painting most rewarding..............
...in many ways. Best Wishes,-Scott