PDA

View Full Version : The Golfers Cart

MKathleen
04-27-2003, 01:46 PM
Hi All:
Thought I would share one in a series of paintings I'm doing while renting a casita in the Antelope Hills Golf community here in Prescott, Arizona. To entertain my self while waiting for the completion of our new home in Prescott Valley it seemed like a fun idea to record our stay at this terrific community in paint.
I'm not a golfer nor is hubby, but totally enjoy the community and all it has to offer.
All the paintings in the series are gouache opaque watercolor on 300 lb. cold press and the size is 11" x 14".
As always I value your thoughts and comments.
Best,
Kathy:)
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Apr-2003/5343-TheGolfersCartROBBINS.jpg

tessp
04-27-2003, 01:58 PM
Hi Kathy,

I'm not a golfer either (when is Pampe getting back?), but I think this is a wonderful painting!

I hope you will show us more of the series. :)

Tess

CharM
04-27-2003, 02:16 PM
I really like the effect of your sky... And you golfer guy is neat!!! I have no experience with gouache, so cannot offer any feedback. Just that it looks great...

momsyward
04-27-2003, 02:43 PM
Love this a lot. The cart is wonderful and so is the golfer. My husband is an avid golfer and I've tried to paint a golf course and just can't seem to get it right. This is perfect.

mhimeswc
04-27-2003, 04:29 PM
I love your little golfer guy and his cart. These paintings will certainly bring back memories for you when you look back on your stay there. Nice job!

Michelle

andylavallee
04-27-2003, 04:57 PM
good painting,I think you have really shown the depth, lovelly perspective and colours I have been known to ruin a good walk, but when I play the sky is a good bit grayer than that.!!:clap:

DaZZer
04-27-2003, 07:33 PM
Very striking picture Kathy, simple but confident brush strokes and very good tonal range throughout the picture...
One question though - Is the golfer aiming at his cart? :D

taghera
04-27-2003, 09:47 PM
Now your talking Kathy....the best game in the world.....and a great painting....excellent....:)

MKathleen
04-27-2003, 10:33 PM
Hi Tess--thank you, and yes I will be happy to show more of these little works. I did a while back show the painting that is also my Tinyhead.

Hi CharM--thank you, glad you liked the sky and golfer guy can you tell I'm left handed. lol

Hi momsyward--thank you too, as this was my first landscape dealing with golfing I wasn't quite sure how it would all turn out. There was a time that I went out of my way to avoid painting anything with large amounts of green. Now I can't wait to paint green landscapes after realizing landscape colors aren't just green but orange, red, brown, yellow etc. green is a challenge... lol

Hi Michelle--thank you, and yes they will bring back memories of a wonderful stay. I plan to hand them as a grouping room permitted.

Hi andylavalle--thank you too, the sky colors here in Prescott, Arizona at an elevation of 5300 feet are spectactular--I did take the artist liberty and push the reddish color as a balance with the land.

Hi DaZZer--thank you also, this one was one that seemed to paint itself...doesn't always happen but when it does. Don't it make me feel good. As for the golfer aiming for his cart geez I think your right. :D

Hi taghera--thank you too, I did play some golf in high school forgot about it never really took to it. My game was field hockey!

Thanks everyone for looking and for your wonderful comments....
Best,

ripvanblair
04-28-2003, 09:40 AM
This looks very good------well done-----------Alan

MKathleen
04-28-2003, 12:27 PM
Hi Alan--thank you, I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my painting.
Best,

seedy
04-28-2003, 01:23 PM
C:\BrianEmailSlides\2003-04 (Apr)\scan.jpg
Just thought I would share this one with you.
I'm a golfer and I use 300# D'Arches. I would imagine that posting a thread with golf in it would get a lot of replies.
P.S. I'm also left handed....Just like that Masters guy....No, not Phil Michelson.
Brian

CharM
04-28-2003, 01:41 PM
Brian, your link didn't come through...

seedy
04-28-2003, 02:04 PM
Hope this works..I have a film scanner HP4570c
and do'nt seem to get a very sharp scan from the slides..
The originals are sharp as a tack.
If you like doing "golf" stuff there is a nice market out there...
Here goes.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Apr-2003/21167-scan0003.jpg

seedy
04-28-2003, 02:07 PM
Good grief, that looks like &*#@*&
Oh well..
Brian

MKathleen
04-28-2003, 09:29 PM
Hi seedy--Sorry your scan is so blurry--I sure would love to see a better scan of what looks like a wonderful painting. If you figure out a way to show it to us again I'd love to see it.
Best,