PDA

View Full Version : GUYS v. GALS Challenge 1... TIME TO VOTE

jaytee
04-27-2003, 05:52 AM
Well here it is at last.................... time to have your say.... and unless the guys get round to dreaming up Challenge 2 the vote will be definitive and for ever...... so dont hold back on that finger folks :D :D

I think we should hold the poll open if and until Challenge 2 arrives, dont you? Maybe theyre all still drunk outside that pub:D

Straps on trusty shield and sword............... good luck to both sides and thanks for taking part .............. it was fun if a bit extended...................

this will take you to the sticky ! (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=103920)

Yorky
04-27-2003, 06:11 AM
Sorry girls, quality beats quantity every time! :D:D:D

Doug

Here's a link to the paintings:http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=103920

Lulu
04-27-2003, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by Yorky

Yorky, you're telling porkies.............................again:D:D

jaytee
04-27-2003, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by Lulu

Yorky, you're telling porkies.............................again:D:D

Well what would you expect Lulu ( good to see you here again :D)

For sheer imaginative, creative, challenging interpretation the gals just HAD to get my vote ........... sorry chaps (not:D)

BUt dont they look good together like that........... thanks to Saint Rod for all his hard work :angel:

jaytee
04-27-2003, 07:27 AM
Perhaps I should clarify

THE VOTE IS OPEN TO ALL WETCANVASSERS WHETHER OR NOT YOU TOOK PART IN THE CHALLENGE !

Rod
04-27-2003, 07:47 AM
I love the Gals entries for their looseness and flare ;)

The guys have shown great technical ability :)

I've made my vote ,

Not telling :D

Rod.

CharM
04-27-2003, 08:06 AM
Everyone's work, both the Guys and Gals, was wonderful...

coffee_girl3000
04-27-2003, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by CharM
Everyone's work, both the Guys and Gals, was wonderful...

It was...but there can only be one winner. Come on girls!!!!

Strawberry Wine
04-27-2003, 09:03 AM
Wow: Thanks Rod for putting them all together for the vote.

Almost too close to call (cause they are all so lovely). I said ALMOST but have to hand it to the ladies.

Better luck in Challenge II, guys. :evil:

Gail :) :) :)

Gisele
04-27-2003, 09:15 AM
Well done everyone. I'm happy I get to vote even though I didn't participate. Rod, I'm glad you put up all the paintings in a very nice setup; great idea!

Gisele:)

tigre255
04-27-2003, 09:38 AM
Well you know what my vote is, was a great challenge though and waiting for the guys to come up with a good one I hope.....:rolleyes:

Both did well and you figure out who I voted for.........:evil: :D :D

artmom
04-27-2003, 09:39 AM
Thanks, Rod and Jaytee, for posting the Challenge vote and gallery. It is so interesting to see the different interpretations of the same subject! Great work, participants:clap: :clap: :clap:

Lyn

lyn lynch
04-27-2003, 12:59 PM
Great set-up for voting, made is easy for comparison purpose. This interesting challenge, JT and Rod.

I have same thoughts as Rod noted in his post. Had I been able to participate I would have gone technical, so guess that makes me a boy. :D Very nice entries from both sides. The references had quite a bit of interpretive stuff so producing the work would have been tough for me. Congrats to all who participated.

Be fun to have another one.

mchew
04-27-2003, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Yorky

Doug

Ditto! Exactly!

Just to remind the girls that the challenge is who can paint BETTER, not who can paint more.... ;)

jaytee
04-27-2003, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by mchew

Just to remind the girls that the challenge is who can paint BETTER, not who can paint more.... ;)

IM(NS)HO many of the gals........... by being creative and selective painted LESS BETTER Mr Chew :angel: ;)

tigre255
04-27-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by jaytee

IM(NS)HO many of the gals........... by being creative and selective painted LESS BETTER Mr Chew :angel: ;)

Get him jaytee........:evil: :D :D

mchew
04-27-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by tigre255

Get him jaytee........:evil: :D :D

You have to fly all the way here to get me... nay nay nay nay nay...... LOL :evil: :evil: :p

talkingbanana
04-27-2003, 01:38 PM
Guys, you did a great job, but the girls beat you. :p

Good job everyone! :clap: :clap:

jaytee
04-27-2003, 01:45 PM

... nay nay nay nay nay......

Typical Guy.........poor loser..... resorts to taunts ;) :evil:

Starsprite
04-27-2003, 01:52 PM
Well, the men tried their best but sorry guys....the women win because of sheer ingenuity and talent!!! Yes, yes, some of you men are somewhat talented also, I will have to admit :p , but the women seemed to try harder, came up with more paintings and took the challenge more seriously. You men seemed to have dropped off the face of the earth halfway through the challenge, like you gave up. So are we having another challenge, this time with the men coming up with the pictures we paint, or are you all wiped out guys?!? LOL :D
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Rich Williams
04-27-2003, 03:27 PM
Men do win hands down, and if some of the people here voted with their head and not with their sex, then the vote would be indicative of that. :o
I must admit that the girls came close in many cases to beating the men but unfortunately they just came up a bit short in the talent part of the event. :evil: :evil: :evil:

All in all it was a fun event and lots of wonderful paintings as well as a few humorous pieces were produced.

As for why the men dropped off in the middle is that when you have won already why produce any more. The women continued in the vain hopes of coming up with something better.

Better luck next time ladies.

Rich

Gia
04-27-2003, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Rich Williams

Rich

Did you read the result of the poll, my friend?:)
I am so sorry to tell you there is no further discussion
WOMEN WON!!

M.A.
04-27-2003, 05:23 PM
The gals took this challenge easy!

Lulu
04-27-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Rod

I've made my vote ,

We can soon change that with a bottle of Scrumpy:evil: :angel: :evil:

Crystal Owl
04-27-2003, 05:26 PM
LOL this is great I think you all did fantastic!! So when's the next challenge?

Irene

Lulu
04-27-2003, 05:30 PM
Men do win hands down, and if some of the people here voted with their head and not with their sex, then the vote would be indicative of that. :o
I must admit that the girls came close in many cases to beating the men but unfortunately they just came up a bit short in the talent part of the event. :evil: :evil: :evil:

All in all it was a fun event and lots of wonderful paintings as well as a few humorous pieces were produced.

As for why the men dropped off in the middle is that when you have won already why produce any more. The women continued in the vain hopes of coming up with something better.

Rich

The only thing men can win at, Rich, is verbal diarrhoea:evil: :angel: :evil:

tigre255
04-27-2003, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Crystal Owl
LOL this is great I think you all did fantastic!! So when's the next challenge?

Irene

Whenever the "men" get off their duffs and start it........:evil: :evil: :D :D :D

Starsprite
04-27-2003, 06:47 PM
Men do lose hands down, and if some of the people here voted with their buttsand not with their head, then the vote would be different.
I must admit that the boys came close in many cases to beating the women but unfortunately they just came up a bit short in the talent part of the event. :evil: :evil: :evil:

All in all it was a fun event and lots of wonderful paintings as well as a few humorous pieces were produced by the wonderful women.

As for why the men dropped off in the middle is that when you have no chance of winning why produce any more? The men just couldn't do it.

Better luck next time men.

Rich

Yeah.... I agree Rich!! :D :clap: :evil: :evil: :angel:

taghera
04-27-2003, 09:35 PM

The only thing men can win at, Rich, is verbal diarrhoea:evil: :angel: :evil:

Why is your mouth all brown then?????:D :D :D :D :evil:

taghera
04-27-2003, 09:39 PM

Whenever the "men" get off their duffs and start it........:evil: :evil: :D :D :D

Here we go again....the men this...the men that...women can do nothing for themselves ...except moan and groan....grow up for goodness sake....catch yourselves on.....none of yous are no spring chickens....time for the zimmer frames ladies....:D :D :D :evil: :evil:

tigre255
04-27-2003, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by taghera

Here we go again....the men this...the men that...women can do nothing for themselves ...except moan and groan....grow up for goodness sake....catch yourselves on.....none of yous are no spring chickens....time for the zimmer frames ladies....:D :D :D :evil: :evil:

Well look who the cat drugged in........it's you men that are moaning and groaning.....not us.....we won.....look at the stats.....

taghera
04-27-2003, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Crystal Owl
LOL this is great I think the men did fantastic!! So when's the next challenge?

Irene

Many thanks Irene....Lulu and Co won't be to pleased with you....but who cares?? LOL...:D :D :D :D :D :evil: :evil:

taghera
04-27-2003, 09:43 PM

Well look who the cat drugged in........it's you men that are moaning and groaning.....not us.....we won.....look at the stats.....

Excuse me.....the last time I looked the men are winning.....new glasses would help you see better.....maybe then yous could see the mess yous make of "paintings".....:D :D :D :D :evil: :evil:

tigre255
04-27-2003, 09:45 PM

Excuse me.....the last time I looked the men are winning.....new glasses would help you see better.....maybe then yous could see the mess yous make of "paintings".....:D :D :D :D :evil: :evil:

there is no excuse for you...........:D :evil:

Starsprite
04-27-2003, 09:47 PM
Well...look who came out from under his wee little shamrock!!!

Mr. Tagster the Snagster, who submitted what....ONE measly little painting for this challenge?? Then ran away and hid as he knew the women were much better painters than the wee men and he would lose thus again.... another loss wee Tagster...shamey, shame!:D :clap: :clap: :evil:

tigre255
04-27-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Starsprite
another loss wee Tagster...shamey, shame!:D :clap: :clap: :evil:

:D :D :evil: :evil:

taghera
04-27-2003, 09:50 PM
Well...look who came out from under his wee little shamrock!!!

Mr. Tagster the Snagster, who submitted what....ONE measly little painting for this challenge?? Then ran away and hid as he knew the women were much better painters than the wee men and he would lose thus again.... another loss wee Tagster...shamey, shame!:D :clap: :clap: :evil:

All you women have one thing in common....yous all have brown lips...:D :D :D :evil: :evil:

Starsprite
04-27-2003, 10:03 PM
Ohhhhhh quit getting so upset Tagster....maybe next time?? If there is a next time!! Ya, ha, ha, ha, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

taghera
04-27-2003, 10:33 PM
UPSET??????...you women are a joke....just like your paintings LOL...:D :D :D :D :evil: :evil:

jti
04-27-2003, 11:29 PM
well, this is my first challenge to SEE - (I didn't participate) - but now that everyone else is wet - I understand the fun of these things and will join in next time. It's so funny to see/hear all the artists using the OTHER end of their brushes (i.e. lots of jabbing going on here)... lol

I voted for the guys just because they're doing a better job of jabbing IMHO. hehe

seriously, very nice work you participators... I didn't see who did it ... but the painting of the woman carrying the twin loads - with a super wet and vibrant background and details only on the lady... wow, very nicely done!

jti

Lulu
04-27-2003, 11:36 PM

Oh sorry.....the last time I looked the women are winning.....I'll get new glasses to help me see better

Good for you, you little leprachaun:D:D

ArtWench
04-28-2003, 12:16 AM
Well, I voted and I ain't gonna tell for whom! But I do have to say that the paintings were all lovely. No matter who "wins" the popular vote, I think everyone involved won by being pushed to paint their best! So kudos to you all! :D

mchew
04-28-2003, 02:23 AM

All you women have one thing in common....yous all have brown lips...:D :D :D :evil: :evil:

ROFLOL.... :evil: :evil: :p :cool: :D

Look girls, we're winning :D

Yorky
04-28-2003, 02:59 AM
As they say in Northern Ireland - "vote early and vote often" :D:D:evil:

Doug

moo67
04-28-2003, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by Rod
I love the Gals entries for their looseness and flare ;)

The guys have shown great technical ability :)

I've made my vote ,

Rod.

Well guys you got my vote. I agree with Rod the difference i saw was in the guys ability to really represent the technical aspects of the different pieces,especially the ones with the houses.
I love the gals flare and there brighter use of colour.
They all look great you have all done well.
Moo:clap: :clap: :clap:

jageo
04-28-2003, 02:19 PM
i have to admit i voted for the guys. I like Tag's Distillery the best and Yorky's second best.
I commented to myself about the technical bent as I was looking through. I don't necc. think that made them better..... i just had favourites.
Thanks Rod for the voting setup, and Jaytee for the organizing.

When's the next one, guys??
JA

Jijo
04-28-2003, 03:23 PM
Voted for guys.
Less is better

Ready for the next one?
Wondering if is possible to create "online teams", lets say joining efforts by croping and pasting, difficult to manage?. Just an idea.

Alex

Starsprite
04-28-2003, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Jijo
Voted for guys.
Less is better

Alex

Yes, the guys definitely are less..aren't they?! :D :evil:

Starsprite
04-28-2003, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by jageo
i have to admit i voted for the guys. I like Tag's Distillery the best and Yorky's second best.
IJA

Oh nooooooo...these two will never come off their high horses now!!! Hughster the rooster will be strutting all over the place and Yorky will be telling porkies. :clap: :D :clap: :evil: :evil:

Starsprite
04-28-2003, 04:05 PM
Oh, did I mention free back rubs to anyone who votes for the women? :D :D :D

Rod
04-28-2003, 06:42 PM
Did you say free backrubs for the winners :D

Rod.

Rich Williams
04-28-2003, 07:36 PM
Starsprite trying to influence the vote as your ship is sinking?????

Rich

Lulu
04-28-2003, 08:45 PM
The only way the men can win is by using their multiple aliases to do multiple voting ...............
Not mentioning any names of course!:D :p :p

tigre255
04-28-2003, 08:54 PM
The only way the men can win is by using their multiple aliases to do multiple voting ...............
Not mentioning any names of course!:D :p :p

:clap: :clap: :clap: how right you are.......... :D :D :D

Mary Smith
04-28-2003, 09:28 PM
Well it is a close one, the girls in my count got 18 points and the guys received 15.
Better luck next time guys!:D :D :D

Rich Williams
04-28-2003, 09:36 PM
Mary by your count the girls are cheating as they have more points racked up than you have indicated that women voted for women.........

LULU BTW good idea about using multiple id's only a women would have thought of it........
Rich

Starsprite
04-28-2003, 09:40 PM
Mary by your count the girls are cheating as they have more points racked up than you have indicated that women voted for women.........

Rich

HUH???? The voting is open to everyone on WetCanvas, Sir Richard...not just the women and men who participated. :)

Rich Williams
04-28-2003, 09:43 PM
Starsprite I guess that is why the men are winning hands down...lol

Rich

Starsprite
04-28-2003, 09:48 PM
It's not over yet Sir Richard of Birchbark! :D :evil:

mchew
04-28-2003, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Rod
Did you say free backrubs for the winners :D

Rod.

oooohh... that would be nice... and I'm sure Doug would like some for his back.... any volunteers, ladies? :evil: :evil: :D

taghera
04-28-2003, 10:50 PM
hehehehehehe the women are on a hiding to nothing...ha ha ha....looks like its back to the kitchen for yous women again...ha ha ha...yous never should've left it.....I'll bet theres a lot of wet towels in you womens houses LOL LOL....:D :D :D :D :evil: :evil:

Oh I love it.....:D :D :D :evil: :evil:

Carrie
04-29-2003, 02:30 AM
I'm sorry but I thought we had much more time to send in our entry. I didn't understand the deadline was mid april. I think if there had been an actual deadline posted many more entrys would be on the womens side . I for one teach a class and my students take priority until the end of May. I'm looking at the Entrys Mr. Tagerrraa and I don't even see the big gun female painters on this site submitting their final entrys yet. I think your declaration of superiority is a little premature ......Wees wemon folk have delt with that sort of thing since puberty! If you waited for the real competition ....... well baby, We can paint your sox
off. :D :D :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Sorry if I speak the truth but at some point you just have to deal with it. I'm not saying the men have not got any nice paintings, I am saying There are better paintings to come from the women and you better hold yourself because we know we've already seen yous guys best stuff!
Carrie

taghera
04-29-2003, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Carrie
I'm sorry but I thought we had much more time to send in our entry. I didn't understand the deadline was mid april. I think if there had been an actual deadline posted many more entrys would be on the womens side . I for one teach a class and my students take priority until the end of May. I'm looking at the Entrys Mr. Tagerrraa and I don't even see the big gun female painters on this site submitting their final entrys yet. I think your declaration of superiority is a little premature ......Wees wemon folk have delt with that sort of thing since puberty! If you waited for the real competition ....... well baby, We can paint your sox
off:evil:
Sorry if I speak the truth but at some point you just have to deal with it. I'm not saying the men have not got any nice paintings, I am saying There are better paintings to come from the women and you better hold yourself because we know we've already seen yous guys best stuff!
Carrie

ehehehehehe...thats the poorest excuse I've ever heard..ha ha ....is that the best yous can do??? no wonder yous loose everything yous enter......well I suppose the world would be a dull place if there was no women to laugh at ...hehehehe..:D :D :D :D :evil: :evil:

oh and BIG GUN WOMEN PAINTERS????????.....where are they?????....come out come out were ever yous are.....hehehe..its nearly time for another laugh....:D :D :D :D :evil:

mchew
04-29-2003, 02:08 PM
They're hiding in their closet, Hugh.... don't bother to ask them to come out... they like it there much better than seeing us celebrating our victory. :evil: :evil: :clap: :D

tigre255
04-29-2003, 02:15 PM
Marvin and Hugh........back to your cages........:evil: :evil: :evil:

Starsprite
04-29-2003, 02:22 PM
They're hiding in their closet, Hugh.... don't bother to ask them to come out... they like it there much better than seeing us celebrating our victory. :evil: :evil: :clap: :D

Lets not start celebrating too soon Mr. Chew. Yous have not won this challenge and we are not that far behind...we's catching up with yous! Especially since we didn't have the help of the "big gun" women painters. :p Just us poor little inexperienced ones in this challenge. Ha hahahahhahahaa!:D :rolleyes:

Mary Smith
04-29-2003, 02:36 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rich Williams
[B]Mary by your count the girls are cheating as they have more points racked up than you have indicated that women voted for women.........

Rich darling,
I just counted the quality paintings that the women posted and the quality paintings that the men posted. I gave each painting one point. Every painting submitted DID NOT receive a point. On either the male or female side.
Now I could have been looking at a woman's painting and thought a man had painted it, but I think Jaytee and Rod did a great job of getting them all up on the screen and it seemed clear to me. :rolleyes: Of course, if that is the case, then the ladies win more points. I will give the guys extra credit for being professionals at perspective. However the girls still win by my modest little judging criterion.:p :angel:

Rich Williams
04-29-2003, 03:09 PM
Mary there in lies the crux of your problem, even some of the more sensible women are voting for the mens side as they see the truth of the mater, that is that the men won......

Rich :D :D :D

Rod
04-30-2003, 01:44 AM
I think Jaytee knew the Guys were going to win,

you can tell by the way the poll was set out :D

<B>Woooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooo !!!!!!!</B>

Rod

jaytee
04-30-2003, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by Rod
I think Jaytee knew the Guys were going to win,

you can tell by the way the poll was set out :D

<B>Woooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooo !!!!!!!</B>

Rod

Now! Now! Totally impartial I am (not)

Guys and Gals = Mr & Mrs = convention

Gals & Guys = Mrs and Mister = boys sulk childishly and refuse to enter challenge...................

me no fool !!

I notice none of you boys rushing to mount a counter challenge............... laziness or fear ? :evil: :evil: :evil:

tigre255
04-30-2003, 03:31 AM
Me think it's fear........or they just can't come up with anything good.........hehehehhehe:evil: :D

Yorky
04-30-2003, 07:12 AM

I notice none of you boys rushing to mount a counter challenge............... laziness or fear ? :evil: :evil: :evil:

Nope, just didn't want to embarrass yous again. :D :evil:

Doug

Rich Williams
04-30-2003, 02:44 PM

Now! Now! I am not impartial, me I am a fool !!

Like Yorky said, we don't want to embarrass you more than once a year, it is not good for your egos.

Rich

al22
04-30-2003, 05:04 PM
I'm trying to figure out how these ladies think they've won. Reminds me a bit of my 'betterhalf' coming home telling me how much money she's saved shopping the sales....

lol...........al

Yorky
04-30-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by al22
I'm trying to figure out how these ladies think they've won. Reminds me a bit of my 'betterhalf' coming home telling me how much money she's saved shopping the sales....

lol...........al

Wimmin's logic, Al, wimmin's logic! :rolleyes: :evil:

Doug

al22
04-30-2003, 07:31 PM
Are you sure that's not an oxymoron, Doug.........??......:D

Rich Williams
04-30-2003, 07:55 PM
Al22 thats like criminal intelligence or even better yet military intelligence.
Or it could be that they are from a far and distant planet .......URANUS
Rich

painterbear
05-01-2003, 07:19 AM
I wasn't able to enter this challenge, too much on my plate to participate, so I haven't been following the progress. I just viewed all the paintings in Rod's Compilation Gallery (great job there, Rod!) and I want to say CONGRATULATIONS! to all the participants. There are some really terrific paintings on both sides.

However, after carefully reviewing the entire body of work, I gave my vote to the Ladies. They seemed to have the most creative entries, as well as the most vivid palettes. GOOD GOING, GALS! WAY TO GO!!!!

Hopefully I will be able to take part in the next challenge.

jaytee
05-01-2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by painterbear
after carefully reviewing the entire body of work, I gave my vote to the Ladies. They seemed to have the most creative entries, as well as the most vivid palettes. GOOD GOING, GALS! WAY TO GO!!!!

Clearly a person of good and wise judgement :D :D

I really cant see why the guts think its a walkover...........theyve less than half the vote and the women are closing again :evil:

al22
05-01-2003, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by painterbear
I wasn't able to enter this challenge, too much on my plate to participate, so I haven't been following the progress. I just viewed all the paintings in Rod's Compilation Gallery (great job there, Rod!) and I want to say CONGRATULATIONS! to all the participants. There are some really terrific paintings on both sides.

However, after carefully reviewing the entire body of work, I gave my vote to the Ladies. They seemed to have the most creative entries, as well as the most vivid palettes. GOOD GOING, GALS! WAY TO GO!!!!

Hopefully I will be able to take part in the next challenge.

Clearly a women in need of an appointment with her ophthalmologist. :D

...al

Lulu
05-01-2003, 08:32 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by jaytee
[B]
I really cant see why the guts think its a walkover...........
[B][QUOTE]

hehehehe good name for them too:D:D

Rich Williams
05-02-2003, 01:49 AM
Lulu I know that losing is causing you to lose your mind but they have people to help with that. Call your Dr.

Rich
:evil: :evil: :evil:

Lulu
05-02-2003, 03:57 AM
And what makes you think we are losing Mr Williams????:p :p :p

Yorky
05-02-2003, 04:14 AM
And what makes you think we are losing Mr Williams????:p :p :p

The wimmin' are no good at maths either! :D

Doug

painterbear
05-02-2003, 04:25 AM
Originally posted by al22

Clearly a women in need of an appointment with her ophthalmologist. :D

...al

Just got a new prescription and glasses a couple of weeks ago. That's why I was able to make such a wise and judicious choice.

THE LADIES RULE!!!!

:evil: :angel: :clap:

jaytee
05-02-2003, 09:15 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by jaytee
[B]
I really cant see why the guts think its a walkover...........
[B][QUOTE]

hehehehe good name for them too:D:D

Only just noticed that myself Lulu...........must have been a Freudian Slip :evil: :evil: :evil:

taghera
05-02-2003, 09:06 PM
The only time you women would win anything is if the men didn't turn up....:D :D :D :D :D :evil: :evil: :evil:

taghera
05-02-2003, 09:07 PM

Only just noticed that myself Lulu...........:

Go to the dentist and get your eyes checked out....LOL...:D :D :D :evil: :evil:

tigre255
05-02-2003, 09:32 PM

Go to the dentist and get your eyes checked out....LOL...:D :D :D :evil: :evil:

Really.......you look through Black Bush bottles to see.......:evil: :evil: :D :D

babybrush
05-02-2003, 09:37 PM
i have a question, what happened to the next one? i just want to know how long i have to wait before i can paint these wonderful references, or know if they were even chosen.

I think it is time to let this meaningless thread die and WET THE BRUSHES!!!

Say, Hough, when was the last time YOU painted. i haven't seen a watercolor from you in forever, just alot of talk.

Bethany

taghera
05-02-2003, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by babybrush

Say, Hough, when was the last time YOU painted. i haven't seen a watercolor from you in forever, just alot of talk.

Bethany

Before you walk you have to crawl....so therefore it follows you have be able to write and spell before you can paint!!! LOL...hehehehe...got ya....:D :D :D :D :evil: :evil:

taghera
05-02-2003, 10:05 PM

Clearly a person of good and wise judgement :D :D

Sooooo nice of you to say so....BTW...Lulu is looking for life guards....someone who is used to a lot a water....you should apply....because shes crying soooo much over loosing ....her house is under 5ft of water.....:D :D :D :D :D :evil:

Lulu
05-02-2003, 10:12 PM

....her house is under 5ft of water.....:D :D :D :D :D :evil:

Well come on over, it would be over your head!:evil: :evil: :evil:

Lulu
05-02-2003, 10:13 PM
Hough, that's what you're in isn't it Tag???? ROFL:D :D :D

taghera
05-02-2003, 10:17 PM

Well come on over, it would be over your head!:evil: :evil: :evil:

Catch yourself on woman....us men can stand tall aginst the feeble attempts yous women made at trying to paint.....30ft of water would cover us men....and you darn well know it....check your change at the supermarket well.......yous are sooo easy outdone yous are probably being ripped off everytime...:D :D :D :D :D :evil: :evil:

babybrush
05-02-2003, 10:18 PM
sorry HOUGH, i only take time to learn and spell the names of people i care about.

taghera
05-02-2003, 10:18 PM
Hough, that's what you're in isn't it Tag???? ROFL:D :D :D

Ha...what you women are in starts with s and ends with e....rhymes with write....:D :D :D :D :evil: :evil: :evil:

taghera
05-02-2003, 10:20 PM
sorry HOUGH, i only take time to learn and spell the names of people i care about.

Well thats ok...no problem......are you out of nappies yet???...are you learning your 1 2 3's....hope so...:D :D :D :D :D :evil: :evil:

babybrush
05-02-2003, 10:20 PM
Besides, my grammar is far superior to yours.

Bethany

tigre255
05-02-2003, 10:21 PM

Ha...what you women are in starts with s and ends with e....rhymes with write....:D :D :D :D :evil: :evil: :evil:

I'm a bit slow tonight mind spelling that out for me......:evil: :evil: :evil:

taghera
05-02-2003, 10:24 PM

I'm a bit slow tonight mind spelling that out for me......:evil: :evil: :evil:

For goodness sake barb...I gave up on you a long long time ago.....anyone with half a brain....(Lulu aside)....would know that women are are a toffee apple brigade.....(and NO...I'm not going to explain that)...if you don't know...hard... what rhymes with write...:D :D :D :D :D :evil: :evil: :evil:

tigre255
05-02-2003, 10:27 PM
BM........:evil: :evil: :evil:

taghera
05-02-2003, 10:31 PM
BM........:evil: :evil: :evil:

What has "bitter melons" got to do with anything??......this is what I mean....why are all you women in the mould of Lulu???...who hasn't any sense to even start with.....any wonder yous loose everything yous enter....:D :D :D :D :evil: :evil:

Lulu
05-02-2003, 10:50 PM

any wonder yous loose everything yous enter....:D :D :D :D :evil: :evil:

Thou doth speaketh too soon o wee Irish Leprachaun:evil: :angel: :evil:

Lulu
05-02-2003, 10:51 PM

....why are all you women in the mould of Lulu???......:D :D :D :D :evil: :evil:

You wouldn't be able to cope if they were Hough:D:D:D

tigre255
05-02-2003, 10:54 PM

He can't cope either way Lulu........:D :D :D

taghera
05-02-2003, 11:22 PM

Able to cope?????...you are jesting of course....I've had more bacon butties for breakfast when you women couldn't even struggle out of bed to do work that should be womens work!!!..ie...to make the mens breakfast and to tend to his every need...:D :D :D :D :D :D :evil: :evil:

Rich Williams
05-03-2003, 01:32 AM
HUGH did you do the portrait of LULU that she is using for the tiny head. If so you got the likeness down well.

Rich

moo67
05-03-2003, 05:21 AM
HUGH did you do the portrait of LULU that she is using for the tiny head. If so you got the likeness down well.

Rich

You are to wicked Rich.....LOL
Moo:D

Lulu
05-03-2003, 05:30 AM

Rich

Yeah, he just did this one of you too Rich - and hasn't he got the likeness perfect??? :D:D:D
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-May-2003/1118-animatedrich.gif

jaytee
05-03-2003, 05:33 AM

Really.......you look through Black Bush bottles to see.......:evil: :evil: :D :D

SO thats why he thinks you get your eyes tested at the dentist. Where dyou think he goes when he wants his teeth FILED ? And I didn't mean FILLED :evil:

Gals creeping up............. only 5 in it............

:D :D :D

jaytee
05-03-2003, 06:01 AM
Hey. just seen Challenge 2 & signed up... so

THIS POLL WILL CLOSE IN THREE DAYS

should be long enough to get another 5 votes :D

Rod
05-03-2003, 06:29 AM
But that will give the guys a lead of 10 Jaytee :D

Rod.

Gia
05-03-2003, 06:46 AM
Thinking about joining in..:evil: :evil: :evil: :cool: :angel:

Gia
05-03-2003, 06:50 AM
.....in the new challenge...I mean ...some neat ref. pics there :evil: :evil: :p

jaytee
05-03-2003, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Rod
But that will give the guys a lead of 10 Jaytee :D

Rod.

Boasting about your arithmetical skills again then :evil: ;) :rolleyes:

taghera
05-03-2003, 09:48 AM
Have you women ever heard of the words.."getting stuffed"?...:D :D :D :D :evil: :evil: :evil:

tigre255
05-03-2003, 09:53 AM
Have you women ever heard of the words.."getting stuffed"?...:D :D :D :D :evil: :evil: :evil:

You should know about getting stuffed.........B.B. .......:evil: :D :D

Starsprite
05-03-2003, 09:21 PM
COME ON EVERYONE!!! MAKE SURE YOU HAVE VOTED!!! The voting ends Tuesday, May 6...and we are really close to winning! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

tigre255
05-03-2003, 09:24 PM
You know I've voted........lol

Rod
05-03-2003, 11:26 PM
Ladies panicing , surely not :D:evil: :D

Rod.

tigre255
05-03-2003, 11:45 PM
We still have a few days left Rod........LOL

taghera
05-04-2003, 12:02 AM
We still have a few days left Rod........LOL

And when she got to heaven
To St Peter she did say
One more woman reporting sir
We've lost again... just today
:D :D :D :D :evil: :evil:

Lulu
05-04-2003, 02:54 AM

And when she got to heaven
To St Peter she did say
One more woman reporting sir
We've lost again... just today
:D :D :D :D :evil: :evil:

Oh so he's a poet now ...................:D

Only 4 votes in it Mr Hough................

mchew
05-04-2003, 03:15 PM

Oh so he's a poet now ...................:D

Only 4 votes in it Mr Hough................

Make that 6!
Not only do we paint... we could write poems now....
:clap: :clap:

Starsprite
05-04-2003, 08:36 PM
Nope just 4 votes away from stompin your paintbrushes Marvin! Heheheheheheheeeeeeeeeee!!!!!:D We bad..we bad!!!
(doin a little dance). And you call that little doo-dad of Hough's a poem? Sounds like he had indigestion to me. :D :evil: :evil: :clap: :clap: :clap:

taghera
05-04-2003, 08:41 PM
We bad..we bad!!!

First sensible thing you women have said since yous were invented...:D :D :D :D :evil: :evil:

Starsprite
05-04-2003, 08:42 PM

First sensible thing you women have said since yous were invented...:D :D :D :D :evil: :evil:

But bad is good...so yes it is very sensible wee little Tagsterpoo!:evil: :clap:

taghera
05-04-2003, 08:45 PM

But bad is good...

The prosecution rests its case....:D :D :D :D :evil: :evil: :evil:

Starsprite
05-04-2003, 08:50 PM
I see you are still living in the 18th Century Mr. Tagster...you dont even know the ways of the world today and the sayings of nowadays. Such as that's a bad hairdo...that means thats a good hairdo. Wow...thats a fat car!! That means Wow...thats a good car!! etc...etc.... catch yourself on man.... take a time travel into the 21st Century!!:) :evil: :evil: :clap:

taghera
05-04-2003, 08:53 PM
I see you are still living in the 18th Century Mr. Tagster...you dont even know the ways of the world today and the sayings of nowadays. Such as that's a bad hairdo...that means thats a good hairdo. Wow...thats a fat car!! That means Wow...thats a good car!! etc...etc.... catch yourself on man.... take a time travel into the 21st Century!!:) :evil: :evil: :clap:

Does the name Belleview and men with white coats means anything to you????...probably not...your to far gone....:D :D :D :D :evil: :evil: :evil:

Starsprite
05-04-2003, 09:01 PM
No, but I know you are very familiar with them!!! Have pics of you and the guys peeking out of the windows..remember?!? LOL :evil: :evil: :evil:

taghera
05-04-2003, 09:04 PM
No, but I know you are very familiar with them!!! Have pics of you and the guys peeking out of the windows..remember?!? LOL :evil: :evil: :evil:

Patty sweetheart....(probably a vain attempt to humour her)...if good is bad....then it figures out that you women are great painters...:D :D :D :D :evil: :evil:

Starsprite
05-04-2003, 09:16 PM
Sorry, that's not how it works. The women are great painters means....the women are great painters, Hugh darling. :D :clap: :clap:

tigre255
05-04-2003, 09:17 PM

Patty sweetheart....(probably a vain attempt to humour her)...if good is bad....then it figures out that you women are great painters...:D :D :D :D :evil: :evil:

Doesn't work that way wee tagster..........but if you want to admit that we are great painter.......then more power to you.....you are so right.......great means great........:evil: :evil: :D :D :D :D

taghera
05-04-2003, 09:20 PM
Sorry, that's not how it works. The women are great painters means....the women are great painters, Hugh darling. :D :clap: :clap:

Oh come off it Patty...you can't have your cake and eat it as well....catch yourself on for goodness sake.....I hope when you pass on you leave your body to medical science....it will be very helpfull for future generations....:D :D :D :D :evil: :evil:

taghera
05-04-2003, 09:22 PM

great means great........:evil: :evil: :D :D :D :D

What does bad mean then????...there seems to be a bit of difference in your stories.....the conclusion from that is yous wouldn't make very good burglars.....or artists either ....:D :D :D :evil: :evil: :evil:

Starsprite
05-04-2003, 09:46 PM

What does bad mean then????...there seems to be a bit of difference in your stories.....the conclusion from that is yous wouldn't make very good burglars.....or artists either ....:D :D :D :evil: :evil: :evil:

Bad means good... wake up and smell the coffee.... come out from behind your shamrock man....and catch yourself on!!:D :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

taghera
05-04-2003, 11:02 PM

Bad means good... wake up and smell the coffee.... come out from behind your shamrock man....and catch yourself on!!:D :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Patty....now your really worrying me.....are you by any chance eating bananas and swinging from the tree in your back yard....banging your chest and making noises that would baffle the space experts???.....its sad when we get that old that we loose touch with reality......sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind.....I think the time has come for you Patty to rethink whats going on in the world....to realise that another patient at Belleview isn't going to cause a world crises.....men have explored space....but are getting nowhere with womens minds....:D :D :D :D :D :evil: :evil:

Rich Williams
05-04-2003, 11:36 PM

Patty....now your really worrying me.....men have explored space....but are getting nowhere with womens minds....:D :D :D :D :D :evil: :evil:

Hugh can's study what does not exist.

Rich

taghera
05-04-2003, 11:47 PM

Rich

Isn't that the truth Rich....:D :D :D :evil: :evil: :evil:

Starsprite
05-05-2003, 07:25 AM

Rich

Hugh studies cans?! Ok......whatever!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Rod
05-05-2003, 06:40 PM
Very close result, just as expected,

wonderful work from the Gals and Guys ,

Makes one proud to be part of the Gang,

Thanks to all for the fun and sharing, ;)

Rod :)

Starsprite
05-05-2003, 07:53 PM
Hey. just seen Challenge 2 & signed up... so

THIS POLL WILL CLOSE IN THREE DAYS

should be long enough to get another 5 votes :D

According to my calculations that would be Tuesday and it's not Tuesday here yet Rod :D still have some time to whoop the guys. :angel:

Rod
05-05-2003, 08:04 PM
You're quite correct Patty :)

Another day left , I hope the Gals get closer , a tie would be nice :)

Good luck :D

Rod.

Lulu
05-05-2003, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Rod

Aren't you just the kindest man Rod. Could you give the others on your team a lesson in gentlemanly manners please????:D :D :D

Only four points behind and I'm sure Mr Birchbark and Mr TP have voted more than once to keep the men ahead:evil::angel: :angel:

Lulu
05-05-2003, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Rod
Very close result, just as expected,

I think I'll take my previous comment back LOL:D:D

Rich Williams
05-05-2003, 08:27 PM
LULU and well you should as you sounded like a bowl of sour grapes. lol
:D :D I know for a fact that Mr. Bicrchbark and Mr. TP are a couple of :angel: :angel: s

Rich

Starsprite
05-05-2003, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Rod
You're quite correct Patty :)

Rod.

Thanks Rod....I knew you would see it my way. :D Well, whoever wins it was fun beating the sox off the guys! lol:evil: :evil:

pampe
05-05-2003, 09:27 PM
baaaaaaaaaa humbug

guys got rough with voters, I hear

*been watching too much SPORANOS*

arlene
05-06-2003, 12:16 AM
someone please pm me next time so i can join in the challenge :D

madmum
05-06-2003, 02:24 AM
WOW! Only one vote in it as of 7.26am UK time, Tuesday!!!!!

Arlene, challenge 2 is up and running right now :D Would be delighted to have you on our team! (like to see the guys try to say your work isn't quality! ;) )

Ruth

Lulu
05-06-2003, 05:28 AM
:D :D I know for a fact that Mr. Bicrchbark and Mr. TP are a couple of :angel: :angel: s

..........fallen ones ...........

Lulu
05-06-2003, 05:31 AM
Originally posted by arlene
someone please pm me next time so i can join in the challenge :D

Yay!:clap: That will keep the Irish Leprachaun and the Canadian Goose quiet:D:evil:

Starsprite
05-06-2003, 09:34 AM
Getting very close......... who will win? Will it be a tie? Will the women pull ahead?.... will the men win? Will Tag stop drinking Black Bush? These questions and more will be answered at the end of today! "knocking on wood". :)

painterbear
05-06-2003, 09:55 AM
Patty and Jaytee,

When is the end of the day? Since we are on a worldwide clock here in WC, shouldn't we define it so someone (a man) doesn't claim premature victory before the deadline expires?

Should we say Midnight, eastern time zone of the U.S., so we are all looking at the same clock?

Rich Williams
05-06-2003, 10:07 AM
I believe that midnight Grenich England Time is the world standard for time. That is where the time zones originate from.

Rich

Starsprite
05-06-2003, 10:47 AM
So when is that here in the USA, Eastern time shall we say?

Starsprite
05-06-2003, 10:58 AM
I found the site for Greenwich Mean Time and it looks like it's 4 hours ahead of USA Eastern Time Zone. So at 8:00 p.m. eastern time tonight should be the deadline. am I correct? :)

Yorky
05-06-2003, 12:05 PM
I get the feeling you gals are planning a voting surge at 1min before the deadline :evil:

Doug

Rich Williams
05-06-2003, 08:19 PM
I see that time has elapsed on this challenge and that it was a very very close contest. I think that all that participated in it had not only fun doing the paintings but learned from the experience.

I my mind everyone that participated are winners. The nice thing to my mind is that even though we were greatly outnumbered by the women that the men through, good work, honest effort, and just plain better painting were able to edge out our competition.

Congratulations Men Rule :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Rich

Starsprite
05-06-2003, 09:30 PM
Rich, you have a way of starting out nice :angel: and then quickly turning into a :evil: LOL

Okay....so yous won by one measly, teensy weensy little tiny vote. It was fun and a lot of nice paintings came out of it....especially from the humble but talented women painters who were a lot less "experienced" than a lot of yous men who have been painting for hundreds of years, so I am very proud of us!!

Let's hear it for the WOMEN!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

and congrats to the MEN too... :clap: :clap: :clap:

tigre255
05-06-2003, 09:51 PM
Rich, you have a way of starting out nice :angel: and then quickly turning into a :evil: LOL

Okay....so yous won by one measly, teensy weensy little tiny vote. It was fun and a lot of nice paintings came out of it....especially from the humble but talented women painters who were a lot less "experienced" than a lot of yous men who have been painting for hundreds of years, so I am very proud of us!!

Let's hear it for the WOMEN!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

and congrats to the MEN too... :clap: :clap: :clap:

Patty your right about Rich.......starts out an :angel: then turns into a :evil: just like most men.........:D

But we'll get them in the Challenge 2, we're already way ahead of them.........hehehehehehehe they don't have a chance.........:D

sweetbabydill
05-07-2003, 12:13 AM
Looks like a tie to me. Men just can't handle it!
Carolyn
:D

madmum
05-07-2003, 02:42 AM
Yes it's definitely a tie!!!! Fairest result, really, considering the girls really did have more quality entries than the guys, but the guys fragile egos would never have recovered if they'd lost :evil:

Declaring a draw at 46 votes each!

Congrats everyone on a fun competition - roll on challenge 2!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ruth

Rod
05-07-2003, 04:47 AM
<center>:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Congratulations Gals and Guys :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Rod.</center>

painterbear
05-07-2003, 06:36 AM
Oh, I am confused! The men think they won by one vote, the ladies think the score is tied and it sure looks that way, but what is the official ruling?

JAYTEE, WHERE ARE YOU? As the instigator of this project, I think you should have the final say-so if the tie vote was cast in time. What is your verdict?

WHO WON CHALLENGE 1????

Congratulations to all the participants, you entered wonderful paintings one and all, male and female!!! :clap: :cat: :D :clap:

Starsprite
05-07-2003, 09:34 AM
*Rubbing eyes* Hmmmm...I guess I looked at the total vote wrong last night.... it does look like a tie!!

Looks like the men and women are equal in their painting abilities for this challenge... but women will win in the next one for sure!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

babybrush
05-07-2003, 09:43 AM
is is possible for moderators to change poll results if they want? just curious is all, but i distictly remember a certain moderator saying that a tie would be nice. only a curious observer.

Bethany

madmum
05-07-2003, 10:55 AM
is is possible for moderators to change poll results if they want? just curious is all, but i distictly remember a certain moderator saying that a tie would be nice. only a curious observer.

Bethany

Bethany you cynic! :eek:

taghera
05-07-2003, 11:21 AM
Stop you crying women....the time was up last night midnight british time...at that time the men were winning....so...ha ha ha...GET THE TOWELS OUT AND WIPE YOUR EYES....:) :) :) :D :D :D :D :evil: :evil:

tigre255
05-07-2003, 11:33 AM
Tagster......stick it in your ear......:D :D :D :evil: :evil: :evil:

al22
05-07-2003, 11:55 AM
Congrats to all....very nice work and very fun and like the 'hokey pokey'.....lol....that's what it's all about.............!!
.....................al

mchew
05-07-2003, 12:42 PM
Stop you crying women....the time was up last night midnight british time...at that time the men were winning....

That's what I thought :p

But it's fun and I'm enjoying it... bring on challenge two ... I can see guys winning this one again with the QUALITIES!!!:p :) :D ;)

Yorky
05-07-2003, 02:01 PM
No! Jaytee - you DON'T have the casting vote! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Doug

Rod
05-07-2003, 05:07 PM
Hi Gang,

Our project leader Jaytee seems to be away at the moment. :)

I did Pm Jt for permission to close the poll at the correct time,
but 12 hours after that time I still had not received a reply .

So I closed the poll . it was late .

Rod.

Starsprite
05-07-2003, 06:55 PM
Then a tie it is!! Thanks for helping Jaytee out Rod. It was a close one.....but I bet the next one won't be so close...the women will stomp all over the men. :D :clap: :clap:

painterbear
05-08-2003, 10:45 AM
Rod,

As moderator for challenge 2, it might be a good idea to post an official ending time for the challenge (in all its permutations worldwide) as the final days approach to avoid this confusion. Thanks.

taghera
05-08-2003, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Rod

So I closed the poll . it was late .

Rod.

To the "late" ladies who lost AGAIN.....may your mouths be ever flapping...... and your brushes either wet or dry ...would make no difference .......
Maybe a wee song would help yous at this time....

Shall we gather at the river?
The beautiful the beautiful river
Shall we gather at the river
And wash all our tears away.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :evil: :evil: :evil:

jaytee
05-08-2003, 11:28 AM
Oooooooooooooooooooops :o :o :o

Ive been dashing hither and thither so much with my visitor it seems I completely lost 24 hours :eek: :eek: :eek:

Sooooooooooooooooooooorry

and thanks to Rod for closing said poll................. at such a VERY apposite time :evil: :evil: :evil:

To make up for the error of my ways. .....the lapel pin is very close. but it will now have to wait till after said visitor gone ie after Sunday.

Will the guys ever forgive me................... course not............... theyll be prancing about pronouncing a moral victory......

but we know better, dont we girls ;) ;)

thanks for supporting the first challenge of 2003......lets make the next one an even higher standard and even more fun :clap: :clap: