PDA

View Full Version : Market Gossip

momsyward
04-27-2003, 01:31 AM
Haven't posted for ages but I have been busy painting. Having my very first art show next weekend and have been matting and framing like crazy. Anyway, this is one I did recently and it's 11 x 14. I'd welcome any comments or critiques before i frame it. Altho it's been awhile, I have been here every day and it's good to see a lot of new artists here at WC.

Nandie
04-27-2003, 01:44 AM
I like this one, it's very interesting! I'm not sure why, but the two ladies standing on the sidewalk, especially the one behind lady in blue dress appears to be standing on air. Perhaps some shadows would help to "ground" them.

Also if you remember next time to use the uploader button so we can see your painting as we comment - makes it easier!:)

Congratulations on your art show and good luck!:)

lyn lynch
04-27-2003, 01:54 AM
It's an interesting work.
I'd like to see the right hand street shadow softened a bit, so
it isn't a hard line breaking the street. I mean before you get to the umbrella,
after the umbrella fine as is.
And a bit more shadow on the sidewalk beneath the white dress lady. Could put a touch down of the dark blue near the butt of the white dress, too, so she is better seated.
I like this work, lots to look at and connect.
Don't care for the title though, it's the "gossip" I don't like.
How about something like Main street Market, or Club Membership, etc.
Nice to see you, and good luck with your show.

momsyward
04-27-2003, 02:17 AM
THANK YOU so much for the wonderful advice and suggestions. I will put them to use and repost.

ripvanblair
04-27-2003, 05:46 AM
This is very good, very eyecatching, nice colours, good luck with the show-----well done----------Alan

Uschi
04-27-2003, 08:34 AM
The lady in the brown dress does need to be grounded a bit, everything else I just love!!!!
Congratulations on your very own show and I hope you take photos of everything hanging up to show us.
Uschi

CharM
04-27-2003, 09:06 AM
Fookie and Uschi have offered excellent advice... I really like the "busybody" feel of this!!

Little Old Lady
04-27-2003, 09:07 AM
Missed you around here. Good luck on your show.
Great painting. Good advice.
JoAnn

Jprice022
04-27-2003, 12:45 PM
momsyward- I like the painting. Good luck on the show.

Islander
04-27-2003, 02:19 PM
Great subject matter lots of interest. The floating lady I presume is standing right next to her friend, if so she is slightly out of perspective(giving the floating effect) also the gentleman on the left to the rear is slightly out unless of course he is very tall, but minor points really. A very nice painting. Good luck with the show.