PDA

View Full Version : Yupo forest

Pelli
04-26-2003, 11:07 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Apr-2003/7470-yupo_forest.jpg

Hello everyone

I haven't been around much on the boards-mostly taking Pam's advice to spend less time at the computer and more time practicing my painting :rolleyes: At the moment, I have 4 WIP's scattered around the studio in various stages.

I've started this one on Yupo-surprisingly controlled, considering the paper. It's approx. 9x15, MamierBlu and M Grahm paints
I don't know for sure where it's going yet, but I think there's a path that leads off in to the forest thru the trees toward the right......it feels like there's deep snow on the ground.....

As usual with me, it seems to be a blustery day in the 100 Acre wood........
As always, all comments/advise/ critique gratefully accepted

Happy painting everyone

Carole

painterbear
04-27-2003, 05:57 AM
Hi Carole,

This is a terrific start with your YUPO surface. I really like the way you've painted the sky. The colors blend and swirl around one another in an interesting way. The tree shapes are coming along great too.

I'm amazed you are able to paint with this much control on the YUPO surface and keep the transparency of the watercolors too.

I look forward to seeing your progress with this painting.

coffee_girl3000
04-27-2003, 08:19 AM
:clap: Has the look of an impasto oil to me. Like the swirls and patterns you have created. In foreground, would like to see some yellow or red, to balance out the cool greens and blues. Maybe some orange :).

Little Old Lady
04-27-2003, 09:10 AM
Nice start. Good tree shapes. I would lighten the sky a little.
JoAnn

CharM
04-27-2003, 09:13 AM
Just getting my feet wet (hehehe) with watercolour, I haven't even ventured to try yupo... This is going to be beautiful....

Gisele
04-27-2003, 09:19 AM
Very promising Carole. Really nice start.

Gisele:)