PDA

View Full Version : Cowboy Drive-in

djstar
04-26-2003, 10:20 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/04-26-2003/1730_cowboydrivein.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Cowboy Drive-in
Year Created: 2003
Medium: Pastel
Surface: Board
Dimension: 10x8
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Went to look at my new little gallery for my cowboy stuff in Rawhide, a tourist trap. I was going to sketch the local color, but got a bit freaked so I did a plein aire... did they have to be nature???!!!

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
I am framing it tonight to bring in tomorrow and want to paper the place with views the tourists SEE.
Got a better title?
dj*

IllustrationsByJohn
04-27-2003, 10:36 AM
Nope I like the title! Pastells.....a frustrating medium for me! I REALLY love the cacti....the colors and the way it flows. My eye went there 1st and then to the sign. It conveys a sense of area and also a sense of being there, something that is often hard to acheive. The colors used overal;l are supberb. I must admidt, you had me very fooled at 1st before I saw it was Pasteels, it has very much an oils feel to it! Sell it! I know someone will buy this right away! I really like it

Gilberte
04-27-2003, 01:51 PM
I like it ... as usual ... just like all of your work. I just visited your webpages and my absolute preference goes to your portraits and figure drawings, pastels or whatever. Thank you for being on WC !

reynolds
04-27-2003, 04:45 PM
hey how about "take of your boots and stay awhile"?
i really enjoyed the cactuses...having lived in phoenix for five years as a teen i like them in that they have the blemishes and scars that saquaroes have in real life...my favorite color in your pallete here is the peachy one...thanks for your comments on all forums lately...
ever thought about teaching art, as you are a natural when you instruct here.

djstar
04-28-2003, 07:00 PM
It was done on site but I took this snap digital to see how I did and am not too unhappy:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Apr-2003/1730-rawwelc.jpg
Thanks, pardners for yer support!
I have it in a strange little photo frame with a copper edge at the gallery for $200.
Hope you are right!
dj*

Wes Hyde
04-28-2003, 07:28 PM
nice work, DJ. :) The painting is better than the photo.

Wes

snuffy
04-29-2003, 08:25 AM
DJ -
Very well done. How about "The Welcome Wagon"?

bocote
05-01-2003, 11:04 PM
I'm not unhappy either. nice work and I'll drive in and hang out with the cowfolk anytime. Composition is good, but I feel a little hestitation even though it clearly says Welcome. Title works well.

the folks near home will enjoy this very much

have fun,

bocote