PDA

View Full Version : Little Missouri Badlands--WIP

Wes Hyde
04-26-2003, 09:35 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/04-26-2003/12282_littlemissouribadlands.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/04-26-2003/12282_littlemissouribadlands1.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/04-26-2003/12282_littlemissouribadlands2.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Little Missouri Badlands--WIP
Year Created: 2003
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 12 x 24
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
there will be a small band of wild horses in the foreground when it's finished, but as Robert Frost wrote, "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,/but I have promises to keep,/and miles to go before I sleep,/and miles to go before I sleep."

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Anything?

Wayne Gaudon
04-26-2003, 09:55 PM
I'll wait for the painting but thought I might ask about the antlers .. remenants of a hunt or just decor ..

Mine is decore >> I bought it from a lady who picks up sheds in the artict and then I decorated it for my studio.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Apr-2003/5946-123.jpg

NHyde
04-26-2003, 11:03 PM
Wayne, you are seeing the antlers of "Buford". He's an enormous montrous gigantic buck? that Wes shot and lovingly mounted in his living room. Yes, his living room.

Me, a Canadian, a non-hunting, gun-controlled, urban sophisticate, puke-at-dead-heads-on-the-wall Canuck - just about had an aneurism when I saw it taking up most of the air space in the living room.

All I can say now, is that the power of love (and the fear of eternal nagging) made my future husband (May 8th!!) move Buford out of the living room into his studio...where I don't have to try not to knock if off the wall.

LOL ;-)

Cheers,
Nicole

Wes Hyde
04-27-2003, 01:38 AM
What she said. ;)

Wayne, I don't know if you enjoy hunting or not, but this deer was from a hunt I went on with my dad in 2001 in an area known as the Arizona Strip north of the Grand Canyon. The deer weighed out at just under 400 lbs, and I've got meat for a couple more winters... maybe.

Wes

Wayne Gaudon
04-27-2003, 07:48 AM
Nicole .. LOL .. not into hanging heards either.

.. Wes .. no, I don't hunt but don't frown on hunting as long as the food is used .. ie.. can't stand tropy hunters .... antlers themselves make nice gun racks or fishing pole holders though. That's a lot of meat .. myself, I love moose and rabbit but buffalo is the best meat I've ever eaten.

PS .. good husbands get the most milage out of being used. All the best in your upcoming marriage and married life .. it's bliss .. just remember to keep working on the relationship .. a good garden needs TLC ..

artbabe21
04-27-2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Njackson
Me, a Canadian, a non-hunting, gun-controlled, urban sophisticate, puke-at-dead-heads-on-the-wall Canuck - just about had an aneurism when I saw it taking up most of the air space in the living room.

LOL :D :D :D

Nicole...too funny!! Congrats on your soon to be nuptials!! So you're going to take this bare footed painter for better or worse w/o Buford...:) Wayne is so right about tending the garden of love

Wes...nice start here...these are becoming your signature colors!
My man has an elk in the same pose {do they pose before they're shot?} eegads...anyway, the rack is similar to yours, very symmetrical and it's a 5 point...after 38 years of bliss, in the interest of martial harmony he was able to hang it in the high family room wall as long as I couldn't see it from the kitchen...:)
Feeling much like Nicole, I now forget it's even there...:D

coulter
04-27-2003, 06:33 PM
You guys are a horny bunch (hey, it had to be said)

Congratulations Nicole and Wes, so soon, so swoon, I'm toasting you now as a matter of fact. :evil: :D

Another incredible landscape in the works Wes!

Mark

woodguy
04-27-2003, 08:27 PM
Congratulations, Wes and Nicole! Waiting for the final painting for more congrats. Jim

Wes Hyde
04-28-2003, 04:28 PM
Thank you! :D

And, after being out of commission yesterday, and going to appt's this morning, I've continued this afternoon...

Wes Hyde
04-28-2003, 07:21 PM
a little more...

artbabe21
04-28-2003, 08:00 PM
I am impressed.......woohoo, what a difference! YOU are a remarkable artist...:) Now comes the rodeo of horses???

Wes Hyde
04-29-2003, 02:53 PM
Thanks, Cath! yeah, horses... Here's the start of 6, but there will be 5 more, plus a lot more detail in the landscape. Still a long ways to go, but getting there.

Wes

Paintonbrush
04-29-2003, 09:55 PM
awesome..love the color.....nice moose, barefoot painter? great fiance too......keep them paintings coming

artinoils
04-29-2003, 10:42 PM
Enjoying the process! Looking forward to the finish...it's emerging wonderfully. Barefoooted groom...will you have shoes for the big day? Congrats!

Wes Hyde
04-29-2003, 10:59 PM
"O but what about love? I forget love
not that I am incapable of love
it's just that I see love as odd as wearing shoes--"

-Gregory Corso

I used to quote that a lot. Corso went on to say, "If a woman were possible as I am possible, then love would be possible," and I'll add, so would be shoes... and are, because she is possible. So

cowboy boots for the big day. :D

Wes

PS. I've worked more on the horses, but won't be posting until there's more to show.

artbabe21
04-29-2003, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Wes Hyde
"O but what about love? I forget love
not that I am incapable of love
it's just that I see love as odd as wearing shoes--"

-Gregory Corso

very nice job....you romantic soul...:) lucky Nicole!

mattlart
04-30-2003, 10:09 AM
Romance. Horny animals. Bare feet. Marriage. Tending the garden-of-love.
Is this an ECLECTIC thread,...or WHAT?:p :D

Back-to-the-painting,..LOL. It is...............................gorgeous.
Your learning curve is really not a curve,....but a straight line heading skyward,......methinks.
Wes,..I am VERY PROUD OF YOU.I mean it.. I've yet to see anyone in my 25 years of teaching art learn so quickly. Just amazing.
You've earned a nice long,..exciting,..and passionate;) vacation.
AND,......a bottle of VERY FINE port......:D :clap:
Good for you.
And Nicole,...as my mother would say...."YOU are a pisser"!!!(which means that you are funny as s**t) (A big compliment!)
What a pair you two are going to make! Best Wishes,...-Scott

Wes Hyde
05-01-2003, 01:33 PM
Thanks, Scott. :)

Added a few more horses and worked over the existing ones. 3 horses to go, then I can finish the landscape portion of the painting.

Wes

artbabe21
05-01-2003, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by mattlart
Romance. Horny animals. Bare feet. Marriage. Tending the garden-of-love.
Is this an ECLECTIC thread,...or WHAT?:p :D

oh, yeah...this thread has it ALL plus this gorgeous painting that's coming along so beautifully...you're rockin' Wes!

Wes Hyde
05-15-2003, 09:39 AM
Thanks, Cath! :D

Nicole and I were married 1 week ago today in Estes Park. We had a beautiful private ceremony, and then it snowed 15 inches, a with we didn't think would be granted in May! All in all, it was a perfect day. Now we're back and making this place into OUR home. It's wonderful having a loving wife and a woman's touch around this place. Life is great!!!

And I went back to painting yesterday...

mattlart
05-15-2003, 09:49 AM
I was right:D ! You two DO make a great couple.
Jeez,...I'm having a hard time waking up this morning!;)
The painting looks superb, Wes;...although the horses don't 'feel' quite right to me yet.

I'll have to come back to this and try and figure out why I love the landscape,.....and not the horses, yet. Cheers, Wes.
Thanks for a great time with you and Nicole yesterday....-S

Wes Hyde
05-15-2003, 09:55 AM
Top o' the morning to you, Scott! It was truly our pleasure and we're looking forward to having you and Patti over this weekend.

So far as the horses go... well, the painting, of course, isn't finished, and the horses have a super-imposed look because they still aren't casting shadows... but just wait! ;)

Wes

artbabe21
05-15-2003, 11:18 AM
Congrats to the newlyweds....a whole week already! Glad it's going perfectly...now you get to work on it the rest of your lives!
Hooray!

Wes, this glows.....magnificent...once you tame those beasts w/cast shadows!

Helen Zapata
05-15-2003, 01:09 PM
I'm so glad this thread came back up! I never saw it. (WHY does WC keep telling me I've already seen stuff? :( )

Congrats again to both of you Hydes! Nicole, does this mean you'll come and and play with us more often? I agree.. you are a HOOT! Like your new username too.. it's... hauntingly familiar. heehee

Hey Wes, don't ANY of those horses look UP? Dang, can't see the painting right now, but I"m pretty sure they all still look like staples. :D

But other than longing for a glimpse of a horsie grin, or maybe even a horsie butt shot.. this is GREAT!! You keep getting better and better!

Helen

Wes Hyde
05-16-2003, 03:37 PM
Thanks for the congrats! :D

Almost done with this one... this is the closest to the actual coloration I've been able to get.

mattlart
05-16-2003, 06:37 PM
THERE you go,...LADDIE!!!!!
NOW..............it works! Damn,..I'm glad that you pulled this off.:D