PDA

View Full Version : Pen and Ink with Watercolor

mozart
04-26-2003, 05:51 PM
Mt. Maunganui Lighthouse in pen and ink with watercolor. I was concerned there were too many colors used in this. I hope this forum does accept watercolor with pen and ink!

Thanks

seejay
04-26-2003, 06:41 PM
Nice picture, Mozart. :clap:

(This forum will take anything that has some ink, as far as I know.)

Not sure what your thoughts are with the picture, so kindly disregard anything else I may say.;) The purple rocks seem a bit over-powering; if I cover them over the picture seems more balanced/quieter....

Cheers

cnfwriter
04-26-2003, 07:00 PM
Hi Mozart,

I like this picture a lot. There's a lot of good things happening in there -- lots of line, texture, and color.

I think I agree with Chris about the purple rocks. On the whole it's well done though. :clap: :clap:

artdude
04-26-2003, 07:17 PM
Quite a vibrant painting mozart!! Watercolor and ink is always welcome here :) I do agree with the previous comments. I covered half the painting and looked at both halves. I think if you split this in half you would have two separate paintings that would look great on their own :D:) Hope to see more of your ink and watercolor work :)

:clap: :clap: :clap:

artdude
04-26-2003, 07:27 PM
Hope you don't mind, but I took the liberty to divide your painting to give you a better idea what I was talking about in my previous post. What do you think? :)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Apr-2003/3698-mozart1.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Apr-2003/3698-mozart2.jpg

mozart
04-26-2003, 10:26 PM
Thanks for the advice on the purple rocks! I think you are right....I'll try to subdue them. I plan to do additional pen and ink/watercolor paintings!

jjsangel
04-27-2003, 12:12 AM
Nice job... Tone down the rocks and it will be wonderful..:)

Phillip
04-27-2003, 07:15 AM
Nice work.
I to am contemplating Ink & watercolor. I was wondering the same if watercolor with ink was accepted here or not.

Just bought a book on Pen & Wash,
Have not attempted any as yet.

But when I do I will post.

Jakeally
04-27-2003, 08:36 AM
You have had all the advice you need so I will just say I like your picture a lot and you did a really good job on the washes:D

sassybird
04-29-2003, 04:15 AM
The colors are yummy :) I do however feel my eye being pulled to the red and white light house. I think if you added more red through out some of the painting it would not stand out so much. You could also use gel pen, or some glazing on the light house to mute the color a bit. That would be more in keeping with the pastle colors of the rest of the piece. If you use bright colors always try to balance them. You can use them with more pastel colors as long as that balance is evident. Below is a recent watercolor and gel pen I did. Can you see how I balanced out my colors?
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Apr-2003/1355-Brave_Heart_to_eclecticmelsky.jpg

DSPIT
04-29-2003, 10:29 AM
Mozart- I don't think there is to many colors in this, although I agree about the purple rock. I also might have lightened the horizon point blues just a tad as well. But the many colors throughout the pic bring a nice flavor, and the ink work is very nice.

Bob